PDA

View Full Version : My Son started Kindergarten today

ibbygayle
08-18-2003, 07:31 AM
He was so cute in his uniform!!! He's not a baby anymore and I'm kind of sad about that. I'm torn because I'm excited for him but I miss having him with me. Sorry to go on but I'm try to keep myself busy and not worry about him. He has always been home with me and we've never even left him with anyone other than family. Luckily our school offered a Kindergarten Camp, for a week in July, and he attended that. I think it helped both of us because he was pretty confident this morning when I walked him to his classroom and I didn't cry till I got home!(lol) My other son is only 3 so I still have him for a year or two. Thanks for listening!

Gia
08-18-2003, 07:39 AM
{{{{ibbygayle}}}}

smeans
08-18-2003, 07:40 AM
i know exactly how you feel. my daughter just started last thursday. i was also real excited for her but i was sad too. shes never stayed at a daycare or nothing like that since im a sahm. but she LOVES it and im sure your "baby" will too. ive still got my 3 year old son at home with me and hes been keeping me pretty busy since my other one started school. lol

one of the things im not liking about this school thing is my daughter is constantly saying"...but im big now. im in school. i can do that...":rolleyes:

tiffany21
08-18-2003, 08:16 AM
hugs

sweet~n~sassy
08-18-2003, 10:47 AM
i know how you feel. my daughter just started back to school today, she is in the 1st grade and my niece just started kindergarten. my youngest daughter who is 3 has decided she wants to go to school now. i have thought about sending her to preschool a couple days a week, but im not sure i if im ready to let go yet. :)

GeThang
08-18-2003, 10:49 AM
awwwwwwwwww(((HUGS))))

nanajoanie
08-18-2003, 10:59 AM
Sorry you miss your "baby" so much. The hardest part for me was when the last one graduated from high school. It's all a part of growing up and aging. We are the ones that age at each childs stage:)

ibbygayle
08-18-2003, 11:54 AM
Thanks Guys! I appreciate the support. I've had company today - my neighbor across the street and her baby girl came over to visit and we watched a movie so I've been staying busy. Now I can't wait to pick him up at school and hear how his day went.

ocvachick
08-18-2003, 12:14 PM
(((hugs)))

newwiccan
08-18-2003, 04:15 PM
My son starts Wednesday and I'm so nervous. He's the youngest in the class and doesn't seem ready to go. (He won't be 5 until Sept.10.) At least he only goes a few hours in the morning!

justinenycole26
08-18-2003, 05:23 PM
{{{{{ibby}}}}}
I cried on the way TO the school. LOL Not to mention that both of mine started Head Start the same year.
It was hard when the oldest went to school, but I was a basket case when my youngest went. I had no more babies.