PDA

View Full Version : To pop or not to pop...that is the ?

unicorn9149
08-16-2003, 12:03 PM
Need your input. A week ago a I got blisters on my heels, Thursday I added one to my toe. They haven't healed as I started I job that I'm on my feet on the run for 5 to 8 hrs. I've put blister pads on, tried moleskin, But they are still there. Now they look yellow. Should I drain them and medicate them or just wait? My next day off isn't until Monday. I'm working 2 jobs but I wear sandals that don't bother me for the other one.

Princess4J
08-16-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by unicorn9149
drain them and medicate them

THATS WHAT I WOULD DO.

Maeryn
08-16-2003, 01:03 PM
Use a sterile needle to drain them, but keep the skin on for now, to help protect the new skin underneath. Medicate and keep covered w/ a bandaid for now.

I'd also check into getting some different shoes. If you have a good pair, you shouldn't be getting so many blisters.

zitra
08-16-2003, 01:08 PM
As another poster suggested use a sterile needle, then drain medicate and cover. I had a blister about 1 week ago on my hand (between my thumb and finger) from raking. After draining, I used neosporin, and one of those small round baindaids to cover..sometimes i use the medicate bandaids too.

unicorn9149
08-17-2003, 12:11 AM
Thanks guys. I'm going to wait until Monday as I work tomorrow night. Hopefully I'll get 2 days off so it can get a start healing.

Quaker_Parrots
08-17-2003, 06:24 AM
they may be ugly, (and a little expensive) but SAS shoes are the best to wear if you have to be on your feet alot