PDA

View Full Version : 70% of Adults **Admit** to This Indiscretion -- Do YOU ??

Jolie Rouge
08-14-2003, 09:23 PM
:eek:

Nearly three-fourths of adults admit to indulging in at least one ice cream indiscretion.

(What did you think we meant? Sheesh. :rolleyes: )

They've eaten it in bed.

They kept a secret stash hidden from the spouse and kids.

They've even eaten it for breakfast.

At least, that's the word from Harris Interactive, which conducted a poll for Perry's Ice Cream Company Inc.

Don't tell Mom, but some of the more unusual eating patterns uncovered are:

Eat ice cream instead of a meal: 26 percent

Eat ice cream for breakfast: 10 percent

Eat ice cream in bed: 19 percent

Eat ice cream in the bathtub: 3 percent

Share a single container with two spoons and a loved one: 22 percent

Wait to be alone to eat ice cream: 14 percent

Sneak extra servings: 22 percent

Pick out the nuts, candy, and other chunky stuff so others don't get it first: 8 percent

And who has the most ice cream indiscretions?

"Ice cream indiscretions appear to be a part of life for most American adults," said Michael J. Griffin, senior product manager for Harris Interactive. "Though men and women are equally likely to commit these indiscretions, women generally kept up with or exceeded men's likelihood to commit some of the most interesting, more unusual ice cream indiscretions."

VintageEyes
08-14-2003, 09:33 PM
*coughs and blushes*

Widgetsx3
08-14-2003, 09:34 PM
Oh Oh....I am very very bad.....I won't even tell you how many I am guilty of. :eek:

Ladytiger
08-14-2003, 09:35 PM

Yep. The cure to DD's "broken hearts" is this. I might have started a bad habit-but we talk for hours after sharing some ice cream...and tears.

Dolly<3
08-14-2003, 10:30 PM
I for one think ice cream IS breakfast. It's like frozen milk! Sorta.

janelle
08-14-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Ladytiger

Yep. The cure to DD's "broken hearts" is this. I might have started a bad habit-but we talk for hours after sharing some ice cream...and tears.

AAWWWWW, that's the sweetest thing I've heard in a long time.;) You are a good mommy.:)

Merry99%
08-14-2003, 11:52 PM
LOL Breakfast this am was vanilla ice cream with a spoon of peanut butter mixed in:D gotta have some protein too:)

suziebee20
08-14-2003, 11:59 PM
Hmmm... reminds me, I've got frozen yogurt to eat!

kaylaandbrittanysmom
08-15-2003, 05:21 AM
I have done all of them except Eat ice cream in the bathtub.Now I may have to try this one.I love Ice cream.

Tasha405
08-15-2003, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by *Amanda*
I for one think ice cream IS breakfast. It's like frozen milk! Sorta. I agree! LOL

~Roxy~
08-15-2003, 05:34 AM
~Guilty~:eek: ;)

Lori63
08-15-2003, 06:04 AM
I eat ice cream as a meal often. I'm doing Weight watchers, and if I feel like I'm going to have to have the IC I eat it as dinner. Better than eating dinner and the IC too.(Although I've done that too!)

Kelsey1224
08-15-2003, 07:21 AM
Ice Cream...it's not just for breakfast anymore...

Tadbit
08-15-2003, 07:27 AM
I've eaten a shake for a meal, not breakfast, but a meal non the less. It seems to fill me up and I agree, it's like frozen milk. :)

miccit
08-15-2003, 07:37 AM
I have never eaten ice cream in the bathtub, but I am guilty of most of the others.

My name is Michelle and I am an ice cream addict!:D Is there a program for this?

schsa
08-15-2003, 07:41 AM
My name is Sara and I am an Ice Creamaholic. It started when I was a child and now I have to have my bowl of ice cream after dinner. I have on occasion eaten it in place of a healthy meal and have often eaten ice cream in bed. I don't think that I have ever had ice cream in the bath tub but that doesn't mean that if you filled a tub full of French Vanilla and I could bathe in it that I wouldn't try it.

I am guilty. Is there a support group for this?