PDA

View Full Version : Baaaaaaaaahd boy!

jaybird
08-14-2003, 07:44 PM
Nugent Calls Ill. Residents 'Sheeplike'
Associated Press

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. - Rocker Ted Nugent called Illinois residents "spineless, apathetic, embarrassing wimps" just hours before performing at the Illinois State Fair.

Nugent, known for the song "Cat Scratch Fever," made the comments Monday during a radio show on WJJG-AM hosted by John Cox, a Republican candidate for U.S. Senate. Nugent said Illinois residents fail to reach out to their elected officials.

"I get to feel the pulse of working-hard, playing-hard America," Nugent said. "And right now one of the most embarrassing, and I believe grossly irresponsible regions of apathy, is right now listening in Illinois. Illinois people have become so sheeplike. How many people listening right now have called their senator or congressman or governor?"

The comments came after Cox tried to talk about the Republican credentials of actor Arnold Schwarzenegger, who is running for governor in California. Nugent did not respond to Cox's remarks, instead attacking the state's residents.

"They are spineless, apathetic, embarrassing wimps," he said.

Cox invited the Detroit native on the air to discuss the Second Amendment and the right to bear arms. Last month, Nugent criticized Illinois' gun laws, especially state laws that prohibit retired police officers from carrying concealed weapons.

Cox, who is hoping to succeed Sen. Peter Fitzgerald, ended the show by asking Nugent to appear at a fund-raiser for him in the fall.

Cox later told the Chicago Sun-Times that he did not agree with Nugent's description of Illinois residents on his program.

"Don't characterize me as agreeing with his remarks because I didn't shoo him off the air for saying it," he said. "He told it like it is, but obviously like someone that doesn't have to run for office. But I do, and I don't think the people of Illinois are spineless, apathetic wimps."

This spineless wimp listened to Nugent when he played with the Amboy Dukes. "Journey to the Center of the Mind" was one of my favorite acid-rock songs. Well, this sheep is going to take great pleasure in digging through my albums in the basement and melting down every one I have. I would think vinyl, when it comes in contact with a blow torch, melts into some interesting configurations. Maybe I can 'sculpt' a sheep for Mr. Nugent.
:rolleyes:

miccit
08-14-2003, 08:10 PM
You ought to and then send it to him!:mad: That is just wrong.

GeThang
08-14-2003, 08:17 PM
oooooooooh boy. So so wrong.

Ladytiger
08-14-2003, 08:21 PM
Put the sheep ( him) out in the wild...and let someone hunt him for game.
If I hear "Great White Buffalo" one more time...

julie_angel
08-14-2003, 08:25 PM
I have always found him to be EXTREMELY annoying. I've heard him talk on T.V. a few times over the years, and I just can't stomach him at all!

Oh, and I think he annoys people just because he thinks he can. Pompous arrogant self-righteous jerk! I'm not surprised at all that he said all that crap.:rolleyes:

gemini26
08-14-2003, 08:26 PM
Well outside of calling the Illinois people names what is wrong with anything he said?

jaybird
08-14-2003, 08:30 PM
<-<-<---is not going there gemini! ;) Nopenopenope. I'm a bleeding heart liberal pacifist, remember? Half French, half Swiss, 100% make love not war hippie! Nope not even taking this thread there.

gemini26
08-14-2003, 08:39 PM
Dang it,had to try Jaybird!! ;-)
And I am the complete opposite of everything you said, lol. But we know that already.

Hillbilly
08-14-2003, 08:43 PM
This guy totally gets on my last nerve.:rolleyes: What a jerk!

jaybird
08-14-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by gemini26
Dang it,had to try Jaybird!! ;-)
And I am the complete opposite of everything you said, lol. But we know that already.

:D

And that is exactly why we get along. Because we agree to disagree!
((((( )))))

miccit
08-14-2003, 08:58 PM
Heu Jaybird-- I was just looking through my candy molds and found a stand up sheep. It is about 3 inches high and is used to make those sold chocolate sheep at Easter. You could use something like to make your vinyl sheep!:)

gemini26
08-14-2003, 09:01 PM
Lol @ miccit. Better yet, just order a nice "sheep" from one of those adult sites and send that!

jaybird
08-14-2003, 09:01 PM
Heya, miccit! Think I could use that sheep mold with another substance beside vinyl? It resembles chocolate. :D :eek: :D

miccit
08-14-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by jaybird
Heya, miccit! Think I could use that sheep mold with another substance beside vinyl? It resembles chocolate. :D :eek: :D

EEEEEW! I guess if you froze it after you filled it. :eek: I would definitely send it with lots of dry ice. :D

ahippiechic
08-14-2003, 09:06 PM
:eek:

miccit
08-14-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by ahippiechic
:eek:

Guess you will never want candy from Jaybird, huh??

gemini26
08-14-2003, 09:11 PM
Ok, jaybird, I am going to crap in your thread!! ;-0
Hippie, where did you get the pimp clothing for Halloween last year? Hubby and roommate are going as pimp and lady of the night this Halloween and I need to find suitable wear for not too much.

miccit
08-14-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by gemini26
Ok, jaybird, I am going to crap in your thread!! ;-0
Hippie, where did you get the pimp clothing for Halloween last year? Hubby and roommate are going as pimp and lady of the night this Halloween and I need to find suitable wear for not too much.

I'm not Hippie, but they had those at Spencer's last year. They also had them at the Costume store at the mall. Hope that helps! Or you could check the vintage section at the thrift stores. Sometimes they have some pimpy looking clothes. :)

Jolie Rouge
08-14-2003, 09:16 PM
posted by miccit :

Heu Jaybird-- I was just looking through my candy molds and found a stand up sheep. It is about 3 inches high and is used to make those sold chocolate sheep at Easter. You could use something like to make your vinyl sheep!

I had an idea -- but I don't think miccit would want the mold back ...

When are you "dogsitting" again, 'Birdie ?

janelle
08-14-2003, 11:10 PM
How about that adult toy sheep someone had on here the other day to give to some guy for his birthday?

Maeryn
08-14-2003, 11:38 PM
http://www.muttonbone.com/loveewe.html

Just for ewe, Janelle! LOL

Y'know, I just had a thought. I'm getting started in the adult product business, so I could probably find a way to get these wholesale. I could get them at a bulk discount, then we'd have them on hand to ship to whoever needed them!

:p

Merry99%
08-14-2003, 11:40 PM
~~He's got old rocker needs publicity(good or bad)fever~~waawaaa~~~waaa

janelle
08-14-2003, 11:52 PM
www.tednugent.com Just seeing if he has a web site in case anyone wants to write to him.:D Or send him anything.

miccit
08-15-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Jolie Rouge
I had an idea -- but I don't think miccit would want the mold back ...

When are you "dogsitting" again, 'Birdie ?

That's why I said she could use on like it, notice I didn't say she could use mine because I figured I wouldn't want it back when she was done.:D

gemini26
08-15-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Fireball
I'll tell you what: he's highly hypocritical.

It's one thing to has extreme beliefs (and this is not the place to debate his beliefs), but another entirely to be hypocitical and contradict oneself when will its to your advantage!

oink oink oink

As you said this is not a place to debate his beliefs. My comment was placed to a specific person here and they knew who they were. Oink, oink!

jaybird
08-15-2003, 12:41 PM
Hey you, I'm no oinker!!!

:D :D :D

I'm a heifer maybe, and a few other things, but definitely not an oinker!

gemini26
08-15-2003, 12:57 PM
Mooooo!!

jaybird
08-15-2003, 01:00 PM
Smart (( Y ))

Hey, am I crapping in my own thread? :eek:

gemini26
08-15-2003, 01:06 PM
Smart (( Y ))

Hey, am I crapping in my own thread? :eek:

Yep, yep. Been called that many, many times!!
(( Y ))
splat!!

gemini26
08-15-2003, 01:09 PM
Dang it!! Those little 'stars' are supposed to be right under the crack but this darn thing keeps putting it back to the left!

jaybird
08-15-2003, 01:20 PM
Work on your shot, you're hooking.

peaceluver
08-15-2003, 05:54 PM
I wish he would call me spineless to my face, I would beat the crap out of him. That was just plain RUDE. :(

jaybird
08-15-2003, 06:05 PM
YEA! See if I buy his roadkill cookbook. :D

gemini26
08-16-2003, 07:32 AM
Like you would eat roadkill!!

jaybird
08-16-2003, 07:36 AM
I"ve eaten 'coon, does that count? ;)

Maeryn
08-16-2003, 01:18 PM
I"ve eaten 'coon, does that count? ;)

Cool!! Next time we go camping at Ft. Bragg, I'll invite you along. About this time last year, I was looking for a good recipe for raccoon stew. LOL! (Long Story)

momfromTN
08-16-2003, 01:49 PM
Lets just remember, whether he is annoying or not, Freedom of Speech applies to him too.

jaybird
08-16-2003, 09:13 PM
And it applies to the Dixie Chicks too right? And yes, freedom of speech is important, but at the expense of insulting an entire state with 12 million+ residents?

shelhop
08-17-2003, 05:17 AM
Okay...I wasn't going to post...but here it is anyway. I know Ted Nugent. Well, we live in the same town, I went to school with his older 2 kids. My mother, my aunts and uncles all grew up with him. (It's a very small town)
I personally disagree with a lot of his views. Sometimes he makes valid points. Other times he just makes a mule of himself because he is so insulting to people. Amusingly enough, I compare him to Rush Limbaugh, who also makes valid points but has no real couth. I think they both need lessons in public relations.
A lot of people here in Michigan really look up to Terrible Teddy. And others think he's just a hypocritical blow hard who doesn't practice what he preaches. I'm not a hunter, so I could give a rats fanny about the guy.
Lately I just think he's getting more public attention for the rudeness...and that's too bad. Maybe it's purposeful...from what I've observed about Ted and his family, he does LOVE to be at the centrer of controversy.