PDA

View Full Version : EASY Chores for a 3 and 4 year old

chyna123
08-14-2003, 03:58 PM
I need help with some chores a 3 and 4 year old girl could do? I am making them a behavoir chart and figured this might help them help me if they know when they get so many stickers they are allowed to go out to eat to their choice or something like that..any idea?

MrsSpeed
08-14-2003, 04:05 PM
Maybe help set the table for dinner. Feed any animals you might have. Pick up their toys.

kaylaandbrittanysmom
08-14-2003, 04:10 PM
My 3 year old,wipes the table with a sponge(after dinner),cleans up her toys in her room and living room,helps set the silverware out at dinner time,feeds the fish and turtles(we give her the right amont of food).She does other things like helps mom sweep and mop(sometimes when she actually wants to help).She makes her bed(her way) and brushes her own teeth.I found out that if you make a game of things they will be more likely to help.

Tracy'sMom
08-14-2003, 04:26 PM
My 4 year old likes to clean in the bathroom. I spray the toliet and She uses one of those toliet brushes and cleans the toliet. Then uses a wash rag and soap to clean bathtub after she gets a bath. Those two she does cause she wants to. She is made to pick up after herself, put away her dirty dishes, her dirty clothes in the hamper, she also has to put clean cloths up in the dresser. She helps me somtimes load the washer.:D

flowerfairy
08-14-2003, 05:04 PM
My 5 yr old was in charge of taking recycling out to bins in garage at the age of 4 it was a perfect job for her! :)

bonniejeanne
08-14-2003, 06:21 PM
Mine were folding towels at that age.

twinkiesmom
08-14-2003, 06:28 PM
When mine were that age, they loved to fold easy laundry. Towels and I would have them match the socks together . . . lay em out on the couch and I'd fold those.

Another good one is wiping the plastic dishes. DD is now 6 and a cpl months ago asked me to show her how to wash em. No problem, deary!! :D

ds loves to run the vacuum. Think he was 5 when he started that. And they both love to spray the walls w/Fantastic and wipe down fingerprints.

oh man, and another one. Pledge makes those Grabit Mitts. I give em both one of those things to put on their hands and go see who can pick up the most dust. lol The GrabIt Cloths (like swiffers) work just as good.

Making their beds and feeding fish is a pre requisite before we leave the house for school, etc.

As far as rewards . . . . If they help me dust, clean house, etc . . .we'd celebrate by getting a slurpee to cool down or if I wanted an easy way out, give em a juice box. (those are treats here). They are 6 now . . . but at 3 and 4, stickers worked great. Instead of putting em on a chart . . they'd rather put em on their clothes so everybody could see they were good. lol

tiffany21
08-14-2003, 06:31 PM
put their toys away and pick up their dirty clothes.

Vixen
08-14-2003, 08:03 PM
This is my 3 yr olds chart.. Put up silverware from dishwasher.. I do the other dishes.. Bring the little bathroom trash cans to me in the kitchen ( I dump them into the big kitchen trash and then take out)Picks up toys in living room.. and Go and get the eggs from our chicken coop.. She absolutely loves getting to put stickers on her chart and getting 1 dollar at the end of the week :) HTH

suzziq03
08-14-2003, 09:14 PM
my 4 yr old works her rear off, she helps wipe off dishes before I put them in the dishwasher, afterwards she helps put the plastic stuff and pots and pans away. She wipes down dirty parts of walls with a small bucket of soap and water and a small sponge. She folds towels and sox while I fold the rest of the laundry. She puts the clothes in the dryer for me after I take them out of the washer and puts in the Bounce. She also picks up the toys in the living room IF I play one of her favorte songs we make a game out of this one, she tries to get everything picked up before the song ends.She likes to take the hand vac and vaccuume up stuff on the stairs and floor. She loves to do these chores!! she practically begs me to do them when I start cleaning.:) :D

My 6 yr old on the other hand, its hard to get her to do anything, I have to bribe her with a quarter on most jobs to get them done, and I only do that after about a hour of arguing, fussing and debate. :rolleyes:

ocvachick
08-14-2003, 10:11 PM
I babysit a 4 year old little boy....

He puts his dishes in the sink, picks up clothes, puts toys away, sets out the dishes at meal time, gets out condiments and things like that

Widgetsx3
08-14-2003, 10:41 PM
My 4 yr old love laundry (sick boy) He likes to help hang clothes on the hangers. He rinses his plate and places it in the dishwasher, he empties the silverware container (minus sharp knives), he dusts with a swiffer duster, feeds the dogs, cleans toilets (I spray the cleaner), washes his dirty hand prints off walls, loves to mop with the swiffer, he will pretty much do anything you ask him too, including make his bed and pick up his toys. Mind you this isn't all in one day. Treats are a slurpee, a hotwheels car from wallyworld, he gets paid a dime for each chore that he does above and beyond his daily stuff. Which is pick up his toys, clothes, feed the dogs and rinse his plates. He does 3-4 "extras" and must save 1/2 of his money he earns. He also must do the chore well. He pays for the treats with the money he earns doing extras. So far he has saved almost 25.00. He is not allowed to touch this money for any reason, and he puts it into his piggy bank himself. The last treat he bought was a small box of bones for his dog. What a good kid!