PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about liars?

Lisa03
08-13-2003, 01:08 PM
I know- stupid question but it's so stupid when people lie about stupid things

I mean for an example:
like what kind of car they drive!!

I mean- who cares!

it's too much trouble trying to keep up with a lie- so why bother?

Willow
08-13-2003, 01:24 PM
I despise liars.

Ladytiger
08-13-2003, 01:29 PM
Why lie? You always get caught-why the heck lie? Maybe it makes them feel better. I just take it all with a grain of salt. BUT if I catch you in a lie, then all trust is broken.

janelle
08-13-2003, 01:35 PM
Depends on what they lie about. If it's to try to make themselves a big person like I'm so hot, I just ignore them. Lying about your car is just stupid cause everyone will find out it's not true. Kinda sad really.

HumblePie98
08-13-2003, 02:00 PM
thats kinda dumb to lie about your car :rolleyes:

KitaKat
08-13-2003, 02:04 PM
I don't think there is anyone who doesn't lie...for one reason or another... but I don't care for those you constantly do it.

It only gets you in trouble and is an endless cycle... :rolleyes:

MommyG3
08-13-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by RescueAPit

Yeppers. You usually do get caught in a lie...no matter how small. I don't like being lied to.

peaceluver
08-13-2003, 03:25 PM
I cant stand liars.

Xica
08-13-2003, 04:00 PM
What do you think about liars?

I think very little of them.

Really. What is the point of lying, especially about something insignificant?

eeigh33
08-13-2003, 06:06 PM
Quite frankly, I don't. Liars are not a part of my circle. If someone lies to me...that's it, they are no longer in my life. I dealt with someone way too long that lied about whether or not it was raining.

KYgirl
08-13-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by eeigh33
Quite frankly, I don't. Liars are not a part of my circle. If someone lies to me...that's it, they are no longer in my life. I dealt with someone way too long that lied about whether or not it was raining.

same here:rolleyes:

But I find when one lies it comes back to Bite them in the @$$ :D

Dolly<3
08-13-2003, 07:17 PM
I can tolerate liars to a point. I usually try to remember the things they've lied about, and then when I'm ready to burn that bridge, I use it all as fuel.

I hate being lied to, and I hate lying. It's SUCH a hassle anyway. I mean, to remember to whom you told what and all that.

I've known a lot of people who would lie... just because. They'd make up stories out of nowhere. Sometimes they'd be stories about things that happened when I was with them, like I had forgotten or would think that maybe I remembered it wrong. :rolleyes:

Someone... I forgot who, said there are only 3 reasons to ever lie. 1) To spare someone's feelings, 2) to keep the peace, and 3)... I forgot what #3 was.

John
08-13-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by RescueAPit

DBackFan
08-13-2003, 07:38 PM
Mostly I feel sorry for them. :( Its sad when you have to lie to make your life important.

NINK
08-13-2003, 08:22 PM
i never lie. i do cut stories short or not tell people things so that i won't have to tell them something they don't want to hear, but if they pressure i won't lie, i would just have to tell them. like my aunt once asked how everyone felt about her new husband, everyone hated him, so instead i said "everyone really loved dave and we miss him and we don't know john very well" i didn't lie but i didn't tell her point blank " we can't stand him" there is a difference. but if she would have asked me a more detailed question like "exactly what did grandma say about john?" than i would have had to tell her the truth or if i didn't want to i would have just said, "that isn't for me to tell you if you want to know i suggest you ask her" i can't stand beeing lied to, i use to know a guy he was our friend but he was a pathological lier. it was so hard being around him, but his was actually a medical condition and he was on medication and had been hospitalized several times for it so i did over look it for him.

zitra
08-13-2003, 08:43 PM
i hate lying..but I think sometimes it is needed like in situations when your friend has a new baby or a puppy for that matter, and you say "ohhh he is so cute" even when he is not, or saying you like their new hair cut when you don't so they won't feel bad..I think situations where you are sparing someone's feelings like I posted it is o.k. But other than things liek that i don't agree with.

Njean31
08-13-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by *Amanda*

Someone... I forgot who, said there are only 3 reasons to ever lie. 1) To spare someone's feelings, 2) to keep the peace, and 3)... I forgot what #3 was. [/B]

could #3 be... to stay out of jail:)

Lisa03
08-14-2003, 07:47 AM
LOL- Leave it to me to ask a silly question

I just had it on my brain cause a friend of mine told me that someone lied to her about what kind of car she drove, lol

I mean how low can you go? I don't care if you drive a PINTO!lol

:p :p :p :p

I'm just glad that I have a car- some people are not so lucky

jcw
08-14-2003, 07:50 AM
I am getting very very sick and tired of people lying to me.There is no reason for a person to tell lies all the time.

Maeryn
08-14-2003, 09:19 AM
In my job, I have to deal with people lying and trying to hide stuff all the time. Like whether or not they're on drugs, or have been involved with the legal system or Child Welfare. "I swear, I haven't used crank in six years! I tested positive because I was hanging out with some people who were smoking it." Yeah, right!

GeThang
08-14-2003, 09:27 AM
I hate it when people lie. And yes, little itty bity stupid things are what drive me nuts.

Maeryn
08-14-2003, 09:31 AM
And catching people in a lie is SO much fun!! I love the expression on their face.

Hmmmm....you got a commendation from President Kennedy for your service in the Vietnam War? Let's see, you were born in 1947 and JFK was killed in 1963. It must have been really, really scary fighting in Vietnam when you were only about 15!!!

kaylaandbrittanysmom
08-14-2003, 10:14 AM
I can not stand liars.My mom is the worst one I know about telling lies.She always gives a pitty me story about money and will not even give me gas money to take her dog to the groomers(30 miles round trip for me).She has the money now to go to my brothers wedding(in LA),stay in $70 A night hotel and then she is going to Graceland before coming back to Fl,but she can't give me $5 for gas.I always catch her in the lies,but I figure karma will come back and bite her where the sun don't shine for all the lies.

Ladytiger
08-14-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by zitra
i hate lying..but I think sometimes it is needed like in situations when your friend has a new baby or a puppy for that matter, and you say "ohhh he is so cute" even when he is not, or saying you like their new hair cut when you don't so they won't feel bad..I think situations where you are sparing someone's feelings like I posted it is o.k. But other than things liek that i don't agree with.

LOL-I am trying to teach my daughter this. She is so outspoken that one of these days someone is going to get really hurt. Her friend came over before school, wearing a really strange outfit, nothing matched. The girl asked DD how her outfit looked, DD told her that it looked like she ran away from the circus.

Who wrote the poem "what a tangled web we weave..."?

ckerr4
08-14-2003, 01:56 PM
Oh what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive!

~Sir Walter Scott

Dolly<3
08-14-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Njean31
could #3 be... to stay out of jail:)

LOL :p

Merry99%
08-14-2003, 07:01 PM