PDA

View Full Version : What to wear??

ocvachick
08-13-2003, 09:43 AM
Ok you guys are like my fasion experts!

I need some ideas on what to wear for the job interview I have tomorrow at the pastry shop.

I have tons of skirts, nice tops, dresses, khakis.... pretty much everything, but I just dont know what to wear.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!!

Samantha

Unicornmom77
08-13-2003, 10:28 AM
I think that a suit dress...ya know those skirts with a suit jacket, i like those because they are still femine but very professional looking....If it is a "casual" job I would say a nice blouse with pants I am definatly not a fasion expert LOL Just a stay at home MOM with an opinion LOL

Xica
08-13-2003, 10:28 AM
I'd go with slacks and a nice top.
good luck! :)

ckerr4
08-13-2003, 11:01 AM
I'd say a skirt and a blouse. Since the job you described sounded slightly casual, you might could do a khaki skirt and a nice blouse/top.

ocvachick
08-13-2003, 12:44 PM
Thanks everyone! I knew I could come here for advice :)

Xica
08-13-2003, 03:12 PM
Yes, but will you take it or ignore it? :p Whatever you decide, I hope you get the job. :)

schsa
08-13-2003, 05:05 PM
I would go for a casual dress. A suit seems inappropriate and I never hire a woman who wears pants to an interview unless it's a suit. Nothing low cut and wear low healed shoes. I think that pants show that you really weren't that concerned about making a good impression. Just my own personal perspective.

Danny
08-13-2003, 07:51 PM
I never hire anyone who has long overdone nails, obvious peircicngs (other than ears)bare legs or anything too trendy. I prefer neat and clean and serious about working. Your dress should reflect the job you are seeking - a suit and heels is not correct for a factory job anymore than pants and a blouse are correct for an office job. Try to project the image the employer is likely to see on a daily basis

ocvachick
08-13-2003, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the advice. I picked out a pair of wedge heels, Im only 5'4, so the heels help me out a bit. Bring me to a nice 5'5 atleast LOL A black skirt knee length and a button up sweater type t-shirt that has a black stripe in it.

Tadbit
08-13-2003, 10:25 PM
Samantha, I think you should wear your Spongebob t-shirt. LOL Just kidding. I think the advice given by Danny, below, seems very appropiate for what you are looking for. I wore a suit jaket and skirt to an interview once at an optometrist office and I didn't get the job. They commented on how I was dressed and I think they thought I overdressed for the interview, because they were all in very casual clothing. I go with nice slacks and a nice top now when I go. :)

Originally posted by Danny
I never hire anyone who has long overdone nails, obvious peircicngs (other than ears)bare legs or anything too trendy. I prefer neat and clean and serious about working. Your dress should reflect the job you are seeking - a suit and heels is not correct for a factory job anymore than pants and a blouse are correct for an office job. Try to project the image the employer is likely to see on a daily basis

ocvachick
08-13-2003, 11:47 PM
LOL! I wear my sponge bob shirt when i babysit.. it makes the kids listen very well! hehe

Danny
08-14-2003, 05:41 AM
Just remember that your clothing and accessories should not detract from YOU!!! You are there to sell yourself and your skills - not dazzle them with flashy dress. Your outfit sounds great. Good luck with the job!!