PDA

View Full Version : Taking a road trip to Virginia...

FrEEbiZ4Me
08-12-2003, 04:10 PM
Anyone know of any good deals, freebies, websites anything will help! Thank you!

Willow
08-12-2003, 04:34 PM
I don't know of any deals but my parents went to visit a friend in Virginia last year and they stopped at a coal mine and took a tour. They said it was a lot of fun. They had a gift shop and I think they also had a restaurant. If I am remembering correctly there is also a theme park called King's Dominion that is located somewhere in Virginia. I've never been to it but I had a friend who used to go quite often.

GeThang
08-12-2003, 05:56 PM
I have passed King's Dominion on the way down to Florida when passing through Virginia. Since I live in Ohio, I love King's Island :)

susanva
08-13-2003, 08:20 AM
Make sure you see the Blueridge Parkway. I live in VA. and only about 15 minutes from the Parkway. It is beautiful.;)

MrsManxieCat
08-13-2003, 08:41 AM
What is good to see while your here? I am going to be in VA Beach for 3yrs so anything worth seeing LMK!

ocvachick
08-13-2003, 09:45 AM
I live in Central Virginia between Fredericksburg and Charlottesville. I live within minutes of Historic Montpelier the home of James and Dolly Madison, so we have a lot of museums here. Also have a LOT of civil war battlefields right in our back door.

3eagles
08-13-2003, 12:15 PM
Where in Va. are you going?

I live in Richmond and we have all kinds of museums and battlefields around here. I'm about 30 minutes from Hopewell/Petersburg, Kings Dominion in Doswell (big water park now and new rides...Drop Zone goes straight up and then drops), am about 2 hours from Northern Va/DC and 1 1/2 hours from Va. Beach/Norfolk/Newport News area (beach, Naval, etc)
State Fair of Va. will be here in Sept. and there are county fairs and events all over now.

KitaKat
08-13-2003, 12:28 PM
Busch Gardens, VA Beach... Definately the Parkway... its beautiful traveling... with lots of stops for things like 'Mabry Mill', the sky line, ...its all according to where your headed.

Hope you have fun!!!!

Oh, and I agree with fireball... that site will prob. tell you everything u need to know. :D

stampdog
08-13-2003, 12:57 PM
hey 3 eagles have you ever heard about tree hill farm along route 5 and near osboune turnpike.i have a friend who farms there. also try to visit wiilliamsburgh.

FrEEbiZ4Me
08-13-2003, 02:07 PM
Hey! Wow i did not even a email saying someone replied to my post ??????? hmmm we are heading to virginia beach. Thanks for the replys sorry it took so long for me to reply.

Willow
08-13-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by FrEEbiZ4Me
Hey! Wow i did not even a email saying someone replied to my post ??????? hmmm we are heading to virginia beach. Thanks for the replys sorry it took so long for me to reply.

There is something going on because none of us are getting the emails alerting us that someone has replied to the threads that we have posted in. I started a thread last night in Off Topic Chat and there is also another thread started about it by someone else in Vent/Whine.