PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound good?

ocvachick
08-12-2003, 10:37 AM
I went into a local pastry shop about 2 weeks ago and put in a job application. The woman didnt seem very pleased when I walked in the door.. before she ever handed me the application she said "we have had a lot of people apply, dont get your hopes up".... so ok Im a very positive person, I sat there and filled it out. One simple sheet. She saw when I turned it in that I had 2 previous cashier jobs and that I used a police officer and a daycare provider as references, both neighbors and people I have worked for babysitting.

Today I got up and there was a message from her saying she wants me to call her this afternoon to set up an interview. Im not very familiar with interviews, but I feel positive about this.

Any opinions??

Samantha

Kelsey1224
08-12-2003, 10:46 AM
All I can say is have a positive attitude...tell the truth...and understand that the interview is a two-way street. You are also interviewing them as a possible employer.

GOOD LUCK!

janelle
08-12-2003, 10:58 AM
How were you dressed when you went in the first time? First impressions are very important. Think how you will dress for the interview---conseratively.

Be positive and truthful. Sit up straight and look directly at the interviewer.

Also ask the interviewer questions you want answered. Don't ask about the pay first off. Maybe you already know what it is but let them tell you what it is. Ask about the hours they want you to work and anything else that concerns you. Good luck.

ocvachick
08-12-2003, 01:14 PM
Thanks!

When I went in I had flare leg jeans on and a nice t-shirt. I had been applying at other places all day, so it wasnt like I was dressed like a hoochie or a bum LOL

She was more friendly on the phone this afternoon, so thats always a great thing.

I am all ready for the interview on Thursday at 2 :) Wish me luck :)

Willow
08-12-2003, 02:09 PM
When I went to business school we actually had to take a course on interviews. We also had to use role play while the instructors videotaped us so that we could look and see what we could of done better. I don't really have any advice on what you should wear to your interview because we were applying for office jobs and we were always told to wear a dress with nylons. NO BARELEGS One of the instructors was very adomant about that. lol Since you're applying for a job in a bakery I don't think it will matter too much what you wear as long as you look presentable. Good luck!