PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me

free_honey
08-11-2003, 11:38 AM
I feel real stupid. My kids got me this computer and are trying to show me things, but they go so fast on stuff I don't understand. Everybody here seems real nice, so maybe you will help me. 1.) what is a cookie 2.) how can I get more than one screen at a time to stay open? Thanks.

okie
08-11-2003, 12:38 PM
I'll let someone else come along and try and explain a cookie to you but basically it's a trail you leave behind when you visit websites.Like when you come here you leave a cookie.You can also delete your "cookies" by going to TOOLS,INTERNET OPTIONS,and DELETE COOKIES.You can open another window by pressing "control N".BTW,welcome to BBS.

unicorn9149
08-11-2003, 12:39 PM
Can't help you as I'm a puter dummy but I wanted to welcome you to the boards.

DBackFan
08-11-2003, 01:17 PM
A cookie is something that remembers you when you visit a website and it is a good idea to delete them once in awhile. As far as opening more than one page...you should be able to and I also am not puter savvy enough to help you, sorry! Welcome! :)

bonniejeanne
08-11-2003, 02:04 PM
If there is a certain link that you want to open, right click on it and then open in a new window.

gemini26
08-11-2003, 02:06 PM
To open multiple pages you should have an internet explorer or something like that in the bar on the bottom of your screen. I have internet explorer and have a blue "e" in the bar on the bottom of my page. Just click on that and it will open you up another page. I usually have 4-5 pages going at once. You can also open another by going to start, then programs, and then internet explorer or whatever system you have and click on that and get a page opened up.

FreeIs4Me
08-11-2003, 05:28 PM
First, welcome to BBS! :D It sure didn't take you long to find us!

For multiple windows:

On IE (Internet Explorer): in your toolbar, click on File, then New, then Window.

On Netscape: in your toolbar, click on File, then New, then Navigator Window.

For MSN browser: click on "more choices" then "New Window"

For AOL: every address you type into the address bar will give you a new window.

To view more than one window at a time:

IN IE: you can just click on the restore/maximize button (the middle button in the very upper right hand corner of your browser window) then "drag" the screen to the size you want.

On Netscape: same as above

on MSN: Almost the same as above just be sure you are clicking on the window you are viewing & not the main browser itself

for AOL: you can either do the same as above or click on Window then you can click on Cascade or Tile & the AOL browser will do it for you.