PDA

View Full Version : Ever had coffee milk?

julie_angel
08-08-2003, 03:37 PM
Around here, we drink coffe milk all the time. Someone told me it's just a New England thing. Is that true? Also, how many of you drink iced coffee regularly? Do you get it from your local coffee shop? And what coffee chains do you have near you? We have Dunkin Donuts everywhere, practically on every corner. We just recently got a Krispy Kreme near us, and I tell you, I have never tasted donuts like that.

BigLyd1
08-08-2003, 04:11 PM
My hubby's parents live in CT and I cannot believe the popularity of the Dunkin Donuts there. We were there on a Monday night one time and I didn't know why there were so many cars in this drive-through. It was a Dunkin Donuts.

But to answer your question, we have coffee-milk-type drinks like Jakava in the grocery stores and whatever Starbucks has.

FreeIs4Me
08-08-2003, 04:14 PM
julie - I live in MA so of COURSE we live on, I mean drink, coffee milk!!!!!!

I remember when I was 12 & we went to Disneyworld. I ordered a coffee milk & the waiter brought me a cup of black coffee & a large glass of plain milk. I was like, DUHHH - this is not coffee milk & he just looked at me like I had 2 heads or something! LOL! That is when my parents told me that yes, coffee milk is a NE staple!

Just like Fall River Style Chow Mein. You can't get that anywhere else! :D Yummy!! http://www.s-t.com/daily/08-98/08-02-98/c01bu104.htm

Xica
08-08-2003, 04:17 PM
I sometimes get iced coffee from a Vietnamese restaurant. They make it good, but sometimes so strong that it keeps me awake at night. :eek:

There's a Starbucks everywhere I go. :rolleyes:

FreeIs4Me
08-08-2003, 04:19 PM
We almost forgot - the Del's lemonade!!!!!! :D

Here is a link to some of NE's local specials:
http://famousfoods.com/newengland.html

julie_angel
08-08-2003, 04:28 PM
I love Del's!!! I lived on it when I was preggo. When I was a teenager, we used to mix in some vodka. Don't know how in the world I drank that LOL!

Furgy, sweetie, Yes, it's coffee flavored syrup you mix in milk. You can't imagine the flavor unless you've tasted it. Yummmmm!!!!

julie_angel
08-08-2003, 04:37 PM
Sorry I couldn't write more before, I'm running back and forth between the baby and the computer LOL.

Xica, I love strong coffee, too. I live in a area where there are alot of Italians, so I drink alot of expresso.

Freeis4me, I didn't know about that chow-mein. We used to have a place around here, you could get chow-mein sandwiches for 10 cents. Sounds weird, but they were awesome. They came on like little hamburger buns. Talk about yummy!!! We'd always order too many because you got full really fast on them. I miss them! The place closed a while back:(

Tasha405
08-08-2003, 04:40 PM
I've looked all over the place here for the coffee syrup but I haven't been able to find it. :(

julie_angel
08-08-2003, 04:41 PM
Hey, they have it at the market here cheap I think, I can look and if ya want, I'll be glad to send ya some.

Tasha405
08-08-2003, 04:55 PM
OMG! Would you really? I've wanted to try it for so long now. It would be like Christmas for me. LOL

jaybird
08-08-2003, 05:04 PM
I grew up as a kid drinking coffee milk. In a coffee cup right along side my daddy. My dot did too. Maybe it's why we're such coffee lovers now?

julie_angel
08-08-2003, 05:16 PM
Tasha, pm me your name and address. Don't know exactly when I can ship it, but I promise I will!

Jaybird, when my 11 year old was little, he wanted to sit at the table with us adults and drink coffee. His father's mother would give him a touch of coffee with a lot of milk. It didn't sit well with his little tummy, so I got him the coffee syrup. He loved it! I plan on doing the same for Daniel when he gets a little older and want to have coffee with the big people:D

LadyBones
08-08-2003, 05:38 PM
OMG I grew up on Coffee Milk!!!! It is a New England thing!!! When i moved to Ohio they did not even know what Coffee Ice Cream was either. (13 years later they do now) they did'nt even know what a fluffanutter sandwitch was! My DH just reminded me who made coffee syrup! It was Autocrat, they also made chocolate syrup.
Now the Del's lemonade brings back memories also, a Del's lemonade truck hit my hubby when he was on his motercycle, thank goodness DH had a helmet on!!!!
Gosh I need to go back home, i miss all that stuff!!!!

cleaningla
08-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Netgrocer has coffee syrup for $2.39 for 15 oz. I got an email for free shipping with a $10 purchase, but don't know if the link will work for everyone.
I used it to get some Shotgun Willies hotter n'he$$ salsa for my son. I love netgrocer, they have lots of hard to find stuff. :)

http://www.netgrocer.com/default.cfm?s=epr_332a_pr

Willow
08-08-2003, 06:36 PM
Once in a while I will by the coffee syrup that you add to the milk.

Maeryn
08-08-2003, 06:37 PM
I like iced mochas, and Chai is good iced, too. My parents were both from Pennsylvania, but I never heard them mention coffee milk. It sounds like good stuff.

Oh...I went to Borders with some friends the other night. They now serve Chocolate Chai. Good stuff, Maynard! But man, was I wired!

Shancopp
08-08-2003, 06:38 PM
Is Ice Java the same thing kinda (coffee flavored syrup you put in milk)...wasn't too crazy about it, but it was good on icecream! I love iced coffee, cold coffee drinks and just letting my hot coffee get cold and then drink it.

DOOFIS
08-08-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by FreeIs4Me
julie - I live in MA so of COURSE we live on, I mean drink, coffee milk!!!!!!

When I was little we used to go to Cape Cod and none of the restautants there knew what coffe milk was. Isn't that weird.

We buy the syrup by the gallon and believe me in this house we're lucky if the gallon lasts a month.

And I am totally addicted to Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee.

DAVESBABYDOLL
08-08-2003, 07:23 PM
DOESN'T Nestle have that now? it's a syrup you mix with milk or in the blender...my friend Vanessa broght some to work for her honey's son...I was looking at it ,we opend it smelt like coffee..his was vanilla flavored and the syrup isn't as thick as reg. chocolate flavor syrup...

CLOSE??

DOOFIS
08-08-2003, 07:52 PM
yup its a syrup made by autocrat and eclipse(a division of autocrat go figure) eclipse makes coffee, vanilla, and strawberry syrup but I'm not sure about chocolate. Autocrat only makes coffee syrup(and regular coffee)

julie_angel
08-08-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by cleaningla
Netgrocer has coffee syrup for $2.39 for 15 oz. I got an email for free shipping with a $10 purchase, but don't know if the link will work for everyone.
I used it to get some Shotgun Willies hotter n'he$$ salsa for my son. I love netgrocer, they have lots of hard to find stuff. :)

http://www.netgrocer.com/default.cfm?s=epr_332a_pr

OMG!!! That site is awesome!!! Thanx for the link!:D