PDA

View Full Version : can someone please help me!!!

suzziq03
08-06-2003, 06:37 PM
Im trying to find my sons natural father, and his grandmother he has seen a couple of times up untill a couple of years ago...... I do not have a credit card, I really honestly dont have a whole lot of money either. Is there any way I can locate them?? I do have a address here for his father, but dont know if its still liget, and his grandmothers name and address is no longer listed on the web or phone book here like it used to be. Ive tried whitepages.com among others, but always come up empty handed, or with a ton of similar names for the search and im not sure if she & he has moved or what! can anyone help me?? :(:confused:

Widgetsx3
08-06-2003, 07:33 PM
Have you signed up at classmates.com...it is free to register, you can do a search for names free, then you only have to sign up (I think it is around $20-30) if you want to email anyone. Good Luck

Jayd
08-06-2003, 07:40 PM
We use to have a couple of members that were REAL good at finding people. Hopefully one will see this post. Good Luck :)

iowakat
08-06-2003, 08:30 PM
One very simple thing you can do since you have an address is write a letter and on the bottom front of the envelope, write Address Correction Requested. If they have a forwarding address, the post office will put it on the envy and send it back to you.

Is there anything different about the man's name that might make it stand out? People with common names can be very hard to find.

suzziq03
08-06-2003, 08:54 PM
wow! thanks iowakat
Ill definately have to try that!, I didnt even know you could do that! thank you all for the suggestions, I did find a site ( family tree type ) that has him, his wife, and their 2 kids listed on there, :( but sadly no mention of my son. when I told him I found something he got excited :( I didnt think it would list all his other kids but my son. really sad, he already feels so left out of his life as it is, all he wants is to be recongnized in some way by that family. :(

sivohdarba
08-06-2003, 09:25 PM
How sad. My heart goes out to your little boy. I hope you find his biological father, and that it all turns out with a happy ending for you and your son. I know how heartwrenching things like this can be, especially when it's your child who is hurting and wanting to be accepted and recognized. The best of luck to you both :)

swan0002
08-07-2003, 01:34 AM
I know this wouldn't be a first choice for many, but... have you considered writing to talk shows? I don't mean Springer type shows. What about Montel or Maury? It's just a thought. Best of luck to you.

ShamrocGal
08-07-2003, 03:10 AM
Good luck in your search, hope everything works at well for all of you

Quaker_Parrots
08-07-2003, 05:27 AM
Do you not get support for him? you could always go that angle. especially if he is on the Birth Cert. Don't know what state you are in, but in some states they require both parents SS# when you fill out the Birth Cert. Did he sign it? if yes, if you can get a hold of the info, maybe you can track him by his SS#

Unicornmom77
08-07-2003, 06:15 AM
WOW that has to be hard, Sending my blessings your way GOOD LUCK!!

Tracy'sMom
08-07-2003, 06:49 AM
I dont have any advice but I wanted to say Good Luck on Your hunt and hug Your little boy for me.

suzziq03
08-07-2003, 07:14 AM
No, I dont collect child support from him, when my son was born I just wanted him to stay away because he was on drugs all the time,, was in and out of jail, etc. He is not on the birth certificate either, He thought it was more important to stay at work at the time than show up for his kid's birth. Needless to say I wasnt to happy with him and just decided it was better to break off all ties with him, Untill he got his life straightend out.
Well, found out a couple years ago he got married and adopted a kid that his wife had that wasnt his, and then soon after had one of his own with her. But did find out he was holding a steady job, but to this day havent had the courage to write him, His mother would come arround 1 or 2 times a year to see my son ( some grandma huh ). But as of 2 years ago I havent heard one word from her, probably because I told her due to me being on state assistance a few years back that he would probably get papers from the state wanting re payment of funds that I used and start to establish child support. :( But I guess I missed my chance on it all.
I found a web site where a family tree type thing is posted and his name is there allong with his wife and other 2 kids. So I wrote that lady to see If I could get any info from her, I highly doubt I will, but it was worth a shot.
I actually had thought About going on talk show, because I cannot afford the paternity tests on my own and heck, I know if anyone can track him down its those things. But dont feel like airing to much of my dirty laundry to the intire world. you know. its a doubble edge sword for me. and belive me, If I wasnt so desperate right now, I wouldnt of even posted this much about my life. Thank you all for the good lucks,prayers and suggestions, I really needed them all. thanks again.
Sue