PDA

View Full Version : Chicks' Tour Bus Gets Hit

Lisa03
08-01-2003, 07:23 AM
they are always in the news for something, lol
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- The Dixie Chicks' tour bus was rear-ended early Thursday while parked along a highway on the outskirts of San Antonio, city police said.

Emily Robison, the only member of the popular country-music trio aboard the bus, was not injured.

According to the accident report, the bus pulled over on an overpass in northwest San Antonio at 3:30 a.m. after being struck with an unknown object. Police say the parked bus was partially blocking a westbound traffic lane.

As driver Ross Ellis looked for damage, a pickup truck driven by Larry Cox of Corpus Christi struck the back of the bus. Police said Cox was taken to a hospital for treatment of a cut on his right arm.

Cox told police he took his eyes off the road briefly to answer his cell phone as he was approaching the parked bus, and didn't see the other vehicle in time.

Ellis had activated the emergency flashers on the bus, but still was partly to blame because the bus was parked in the roadway, the investigating officer wrote in the report.

The Dixie Chicks played a concert in Houston on Wednesday, a night after performing in San Antonio. Their next date on the Top of the World Tour is Friday in Little Rock, Ark.

captorquewrench
08-01-2003, 08:19 AM
they were in Houston this week?

aerogirl
08-01-2003, 09:28 AM
must have been ONE ANGRY AMERICAN! LOL

Sorry...couldn't help myself.

jaybird
08-01-2003, 09:31 AM
Going to the Toby Keith concert tonight. Have my special edition, one of a kind, FUDC tee shirt to wear. :D

gemini26
08-01-2003, 09:34 AM
Hey I want one of those FUDC shirts. Did you have it made?

ImaGApeach
08-01-2003, 09:38 AM
I love Toby Keith-kidnap him for me lol

jaybird
08-01-2003, 09:49 AM
Nope, I made it. With a white tee, fabric paint, stencils and lots of red & blue stars on it. :D I could have probably sold 2000 of them tonight, but I was not about to check into vendor licenses (for off property). Have a friend that owns a silk-screening business that could have printed them up for me for $6 a shirt.

We have backstage passes too. I emailed the radio station here, asking if they had an address to write TK. I'm taking my mom for her Mother's Day present. She's 78, quite possibly his oldest fan (aka groupie!) And I'm celebrating the passing of my 40's (I'll be 50 tomorrow) Just wanted to see if Toby could give a shout out to my mom. The radio station emailed me back, said they didn't have an address but to bring the email to the concert and they would have backstage passes waiting for us! Now just how to sneak in a camera!!!

ImaGApeach
08-01-2003, 09:52 AM
you lucky thang!

jaybird
08-01-2003, 10:02 AM
Yea baby. If I don't come back, it's because I've forsaken my family, my friends, my home and my job and become a roadie. ;)

sadie01
08-01-2003, 10:19 AM
Capt, yeah they were @ Compact Ctr.. A lady I work with drives one of the many buses they use.. SHe met up w/ him for lunch that day. Not sure if he was the driver of that bus though.