PDA

View Full Version : Computer question!!!???

heavenheir
07-30-2003, 06:55 PM
Does anyone have any idea how to resize (NOT re tire, T Squared)LOL...a file? TYIA I appreciate any and all help....believe me, I need all the help I can get! (There, I said it first).:confused: :confused: :confused: :eek: :D ;)

LunaChick
07-30-2003, 07:02 PM
What kind of file are you talking about? Do you want to make it smaller? If so, you want a zip program to compress the file.

heavenheir
07-30-2003, 08:02 PM
I really have no idea what kind of file it is. I do want to make it smaller without losing any of its integrity. What is this zip thing you mentioned? Where do I find one? Thanks a million for responding and offering help!;)

cathych
07-30-2003, 08:18 PM
to get a free zip program go to www.zdnet.com, type in winzip

heavenheir
07-30-2003, 08:59 PM
I'm going to give it a try. I appreciate the help 'cause I sure don't know what I'm doing!!!:D ;)

justme23
07-30-2003, 09:12 PM
While using winzip does compress files, it only marginally makes them smaller... putting it into a .rar file will generally compress it more... but it sounds more like you are trying to resize a picture file? Is it a picture or an actual document. If it is a picture (.bmp for instance) you can use Paint to convert it to a .jpg file which will insure the integrity by way reduce the size.

LunaChick
07-31-2003, 05:29 AM
Yes, Winrar is a much better program for compressing files.

heavenheir
07-31-2003, 11:14 PM
Thanks a million for the help. I think I will give your new suggestion a try. I had never heard of it before so I really appreciate a thumbs-up for it. It seemed as though the best course of action would be to learn as I went, and there has been a lot of new knowledge gained but maybe learning all the names of things would have been smarter. I know what a picture is and I'm pretty sure I know what a document is but the item isn't really either one although it has pictures and wording.
I did find out something since last time--WHOOHOO. When I am in Acrobat Reader I can choose from a lot of different sizes and I have just tried a few until I found a size that works. I think that might be the hard way though so I do appreciate your suggestions and recommendations.
Have a Great Weekend!
;)