PDA

View Full Version : Loose change ??

sugar206
07-27-2003, 12:53 PM
What do you do with your loose change? We keep it in a bottle and take it to the Coinstar and for a small donation fee they count it and give us a voucher. We usually buy beer and groceries with it.:D :rolleyes:

spongebob
07-27-2003, 02:08 PM
i keep my change.. last time i took it in i had over 300 hund dollars.. i put it in those big water jugs..

Queensown
07-27-2003, 02:09 PM
There's a donation jar for a local cat rescue shelter at the grocery and I take down mine, my DH's and my mom's spare change once a week or so. Usually adds up to over $25 a week! =) I love helping the kitties!

Princess4J
07-27-2003, 02:11 PM
I PUT ALL MY CHANGE IS A BIG GLASS BOTTLE.
I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH IS THERE.

I WANT TO SAVE IT TILL THE BOTTLE IF FULL,
THEN, WHO KNOWS I'LL DO WITH IT :D

tsquared
07-27-2003, 02:29 PM
All mine goes in a 3lb butter dish on top of my vcr right inside of the door.. It just sits there and collects dust until i decide time to do something with it......

Tasha405
07-27-2003, 02:40 PM
Well I never get to save any silver, hubby takes it all the time. :rolleyes: But I do save pennies for the boys and I cash it in around the 1st of Sept. I always use what we get to get them a little something extra for their b-days. :)

I usually end up with $40 - $50 but I've had to cash them in early this year to use for bills and such. :(

mlathroum
07-27-2003, 03:03 PM
I bought one of those little coin sorters at Kmart. I haven't messed with it for about 6 months. I finally got around to it last month and had over $100 in change. We used it to buy our tickets for Hershey Park on Tuesday. I then attacked the boys piggy banks. They couldn't even lift them anymore. They had $50 a piece in them. That is going right in their savings accounts.

MOMMYOF2BOYZ
07-27-2003, 03:05 PM
we had spare change in a empty water cooler bottle once and thank god we had it. we had some hard times years ago and i rolled the change
and took it to the bank and cashed it in for bills and we ended up with more than $700.00 dollars sure was a big help.
no days i keep at least $20.00 in change in my car in a box where cassettes should be in between my front seats. and at home i have a large glass jar with a lid on it i keep change in it too. i cash that in once and a while using coin star and take the kids out to lunch with the money. i usally end up with enough for the 3 of us to eat a nice lunch out

schsa
07-27-2003, 03:24 PM
I never keep it. Once a week I have collected enough to go to Wendy's and buy a burger.

Willow
07-27-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Queensown
There's a donation jar for a local cat rescue shelter at the grocery and I take down mine, my DH's and my mom's spare change once a week or so. Usually adds up to over $25 a week! =) I love helping the kitties!

That is such a nice gesture. :)

ocvachick
07-27-2003, 05:02 PM
yard sales! i usually have a couple dollars a week extra and just buy something completely for myself.

Sweetberries
07-27-2003, 06:50 PM
I put my change in a can next to the tv :) I try not to touch it except when I have to take the bus or when I want a 12 pack of coke.

Widgetsx3
07-27-2003, 10:34 PM
I throw all my change in a old 1/2 gallon milk container that my DD decorated up. We save the change for special treats such as McDonalds, Peter Piper Pizza and things like that. Although there are times when it goes for the basics.

LunaChick
07-28-2003, 04:00 AM
I have two coffee cans. One for pennies and the other for *silver*

I make my donations to the cans every other day. It's an easy way to save money I think. :)

hotwheelstx
07-28-2003, 05:31 AM
We use 2 water jugs. 1 is for pennies the other's for silver. We save all our change all year long. At the end of the year we cash it out and take ourselves out for our anniversary....it's in December. W/18 birthdays and Christmas all in the same month it's a life saver. We do have fun w/it though. Last year 2002 we had over $400.00....cashed it in went to a "swanky" restaurant and to a nice hotel for the weekend.

;) ;)

mom2cvam
07-28-2003, 06:38 AM
We put all our change in an old milk can that I got from my Grandma. She used it to save her change in. We usually wait until its full,then cash it in and find something to do as a family. Its our "family fun" money. This time the kids want to go to one of the hotels that has the indoor waterpark. :)

MrsSpeed
07-28-2003, 06:44 AM
We put our loose change in a coffee can. Then once it gets full we cash it in at one of those Coinstar machines. I can't believe how it adds up. I usually use it for mad money to do whatever I want with. :D

Tracy'sMom
07-28-2003, 06:49 AM
The pennies go in my daughter's piggy bank. She has a big plastic bear and it's almost full to it's belly. Hubby usually uses the silver to buy His food for work.:)

MistyWolf
07-28-2003, 07:39 AM
Right now I am saving all my change hopefully for a trip to the Bahamas next year. My kids have piggy banks and that change goes into their savings accounts.

DOOFIS
07-28-2003, 08:06 AM
Pennies go in my sons piggy bank and the rest goes into a 5 gallon bucket. We bought the snap on lid that you have to break to get off so that we wont just go in it. and we cut a small enough hole in the top to put change through but we cant get it back out and sometimes when we are feeling rich we stick a $1 or a $5 in there too.