PDA

View Full Version : Food For Thought.......

tsquared
07-26-2003, 09:04 AM
Do you think that Pro sports players, actors, actresses, senators, priests, lawyers, congresspeople, big bussiness owners and any other spotlight person gets treated the same by the legal system as the average person does?? Personally dont....i think because of their notariety in what they do they get treated better....hoever this is just my opinion and i was wondering if others felt the same way.?

Willow
07-26-2003, 09:32 AM
I think the courts are more lenient on them then they would be on someone else. Also most of the time they can afford expensive lawyers whereas someone else may not be able to afford a top lawyer and they have to settle for one that is appointed to them. Needless to say they don't get off as easy.

Gia
07-26-2003, 10:29 AM
~I would have to agree with the both of you ~

LunaChick
07-26-2003, 12:35 PM
I'm going to give you an example of why I agree with T's opinion.

My father was a Philadelphia police officer. He was murdered when I was 12 years old. The man that killed him was 18, and very VERY rich.

His biological father was also a Philadelphia police officer but was forced to resign from the force for *personal* reasons. The man's stepfather, owned a few construction companies in Florida and made millions of dollars a year. Young, white, rich male....Blungeons my father to death with a 4x4 post so badly his own partner couldn't recognize him, this man, served...7.5 years in jail. Yes, he got lenient treatment. Money talks people. In my father's case, it was more than money but it was one of the reasons he only served 7.5 years for murder.

Our justice system needs some work but its all we have and its the best we have available. At least the man served some time in jail.