PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever get the shakes?

Quaker_Parrots
07-24-2003, 07:11 AM
I feel so jittery right now. I had some cereal for breakfast,(about 4 hours ago) I am a little hungry right now, and I feel sooooo shaky. Kinda wonder if it is not a sugar low? guess I better go grab something to eat

edited to add, I didn't drink any coffee, and am not on any meds,or do any kind of drugs for that matter..... but ya know.... I did take some extra strength Excedrin this morn..... it has cafeine in them,(though I have never to my knowledge had an adverse reaction to caffiene) wonder if that could be doing it? maybe the ones I took had too much caffeine in them?

Quaker_Parrots
07-24-2003, 08:03 AM
I ate some Mac and cheese, and feel some better, I haven't done this in a long time,I have done it when I have gone a LONG time without eating. I haven't drank any pop in about 3 or 4 days, so maybe my body got used to that extra sugar and is going into withdrawls, lol

or the excedrine was off on the caffiene, who knows

girlwithsoul
07-24-2003, 08:09 AM
Sounds to me like you had too much caffeine in your body from the excedrin and too little protein in your body. I always keep nuts or peanut butter around in case I get like that. I have hypoglycemia so I get just like that if I don't eat enough protein.

BigLyd1
07-24-2003, 08:22 AM
I get what I call blood sugar crashes. They're awful. Because after the shakes, I start sweating so much and then I get the chills. You just reminded to get some chromium supplements which are supposed to help.

Quaker_Parrots
07-24-2003, 08:28 AM
I was so shaky earlier, I could barely type.
Talked to hubby, (they were his excedrin) he said it was probably a combination of the excedrin, and the cereal I ate, and not having enough food in my stomach to absorb the caffiene (he said if he eats something sweet, and takes them, he gets that way too) Told him he could have the darn things, i'll go back to my advil, the only reason I took them in the first place, was because I was out, funny thing, I took a couple of these yest morn, and they didn't do that to me (but of course I took a nap shortly after, cause I wasn't feeling too good--cramps) Took them this morning for sinus headache. I shouldsa known better, lol, usually I just suffer through, but when I decide not to suffer through, I get bit in the butt by the side effects, lol, can't win for loosing

schsa
07-24-2003, 09:52 AM
I get that way when my blood sugar is low but since you weren't have the cold sweats I would assume that your body was not happy with the caffiene that you gave it. Be sure that you eat when you take most medicines unless it specifically says not to eat. Your body will thank you for it.

Quaker_Parrots
07-24-2003, 10:07 AM
No sweats, I had eaten a bowl of cereal(Cinnamon Taost Crunch--loaded with sugar) about a half hour before taking the Excedrin. lol, like I say, next time I will stick to my advil, at least I know they don't give me the shakes, I am going to Sam's Club tonight, so I guess I better stock up on them, and not run out again, so I don't get hubbies Excedrin,lol. I have learned my lesson.
I am one who doesn't like taking meds, and usually go as long as I can without, and them if it is a pain reliever, I usually only take 1, dummy me took 2 this morning (sinuses hurt that bad)
I got to reading the bottle, each gell cap has 65mg of caffeine :eek: guess it was a shock to my system, since I haven't been drinking anything with caffeine in it for quite a few days, lol
At least I can type now, and am not shaky anymore. Hubby laughed at me and Said "duh", note here that hubby is gonna get his butt kicked when he gets home, lol. show him what "duh" means, don't mess with Mama, when she has the cramps, and is PMS'ing, lol

stresseater
07-24-2003, 09:03 PM
I get shaky a lot but don't know why. I do have the crashing too, but sometimes I shake even if I don't need food.:confused: :confused:

meep_meep
07-24-2003, 09:10 PM
I can't really comment to the jitteryness of the situation, but I love your sig line.

I have four qp dolls (actual birds) at home I wouldn't trade them for the world!

http://photo.starblvd.net/~Amys_flock/1-1-3.jpg
thats one of them! :)

Amy

Quaker_Parrots
07-25-2003, 03:37 AM
Thank-you, I have 4 also, lol, you ought to check out my thread about what one of them did yesterday, he is a riot, (yours is so cute in his hiding place, did he just have a bath?lol
http://forums.bigbigsavings.com/showthread.php3?threadid=323003
here is the link to my thread, hope you enjoy a good laugh