PDA

View Full Version : Never underestimate the power of a compliment!

Kyla Kym
07-24-2003, 01:57 AM
I've been smiling ear to ear for the past 2 or 3 hours. I don't get out of the hills to often. But tonight, my 15 year old son and I went to Hot Springs shopping. We went to Wal-Mart and I went ahead and got his school gear and clothing. The teller just made my day! or should I say week! No make that my next year! LOL :D

She was telling my son that he was lucky to have a sister or girlfriend that would buy him all that stuff !!! LOL I will be 38 next month and I swear that has got to be the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.

Then when I turned around and we started to walk out of the store I heard her and another lady talking about how pretty my hair was.

Maybe it was just small talk for them. But they lifted my spirits. I've been feeling so ugly and old lately, and they just don't know how much they helped me mentally tonight! :D :D :D :D :D

So if you think you can make someone's day a little brighter by paying them a compliment, go for it! I could kiss those ladies. I haven't smiled like that in such a long time. :D

squirt
07-24-2003, 04:14 AM
Yea isn't it great, I went someplace with my oldest daughter one day, and they asked me if I was her sister. Sure made my day. My neighbor and I were talkikng one day, she's in her 80's, She kept saying she knew I must be at least 59, because I was elgible for Social Security. When I told her my age, her only comment was 'hell you're old but you don't look it'? is that a compliment or not?
Have a good day

bcjjhh
07-24-2003, 04:32 AM
I am so glad to hear that your day has been made! It is wonderful to get compliments like that! congrats! to both of you!!!

feliciac
07-24-2003, 08:09 AM
I completely agree with you. And sometimes it doesn't have to be a compliment. I am not one of those girls who likes to get whistled at, it really just irritates me. But one day I was coming out of the salon after getting my haircut and this guy in a truck whistled at me. I turned around to look and he smiled and waved. It really made my day, lol.

ckerr4
07-24-2003, 08:46 AM
That's so nice Kyla!

~Roxy~
07-24-2003, 08:50 AM
Very Nice,& Very True!

tsquared
07-24-2003, 09:45 AM
Most of the time the smallest compliment can mean the world to a pers on who is feeling down and out and we may not even know it. Most of the time it is so easy to see the bad in a person that we look beyond the good. I know the world would be a terrific place if we all just looked at ourselves and then at others and know they are just as kind and caring as we are. Congratulations and i hope that your SMILE and happy feeling lasts for a long time to come.....

mrs.john
07-24-2003, 05:19 PM
Congrats to you! That can do so much for a person's self esteem. I got carded the other night buying cigarettes for a friend and it made my week, lol. That doesn't happen very often anymore (I'm 30).