PDA

View Full Version : Just when you think they're lookin up

Lizerella
07-23-2003, 11:44 PM
Fiance called me on my lunch break and he's out a job, again. Said he went to go get his check and the doors were locked and the lights were out and people were loading up trucks. Said the store was closed. This is the 5th job in 6 months! I'm not mad at him, I mean, its not his fault, but everytime we make plans for him to move and things look up...BAM! Maybe I should just tell him to buy a bus ticket and sleep in my car since my parents won't even let him put a tent in the back yard. :rolleyes: What to do??? I can honestly say this has been the worst year of my life and I'm starting to think I'm bad luck for him.:( And to top things off, insurance hasn't paid anything for my surgery. $10,000 I don't have....I give up

MrsSpeed
07-24-2003, 05:01 AM
((((Lizerella)))) I hope things get better soon.

schsa
07-24-2003, 11:00 AM
The best part is that things to change. Don't concern yourself with your insurance bill until you know for sure that they won't pay anything. Keep after them and ask why they won't cover it. They may be waiting for additional information from the surgeon or someone else.

As for your boyfriend, the two of you need to be in the same city and working things out together. I really feel for him showing up and being locked out. Someone should be explaining something to the employees. The only time I have seen this is when the Feds are involved.

Lizerella
07-24-2003, 11:11 AM
woke up today(not that I slept last nite)...my cell phone was shut off...I have no idea where chris is...even his mom has no idea...some guy eh....he's so worried about disappointing me and what I'm going to think of him and crap and then he takes off to god knows where...like that helps what I think of him...no idea if he did something stupid or is in trouble...i could just crawl in a hole and stay there...off to work/more hell:( :confused:

mrs.john
07-24-2003, 11:19 AM
{{{Liz}}} If you need me, call. If I'm not here, leave a message. I'm beginning to think that we are truly jinxed when it comes to men and what we want out of life :(

babystar0729
07-24-2003, 06:13 PM
Oh NO!! I hope things get better soon!!!!!!! and that he calls you so you dont have to worry about where he is!!
GOOD LUCK!!

Widgetsx3
07-24-2003, 07:17 PM
I have absolutly no pithy humerous comments for this one....sorry Liz...Maybe this is a sign that he does not belong where he is right now...maybe things would be better if he was closer to you.

Lizerella
07-24-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by mrs.john
{{{Liz}}} If you need me, call. If I'm not here, leave a message. I'm beginning to think that we are truly jinxed when it comes to men and what we want out of life :(

i just feel bad dumpin on you cuz I know you have a lot goin on right now...and all I do is cry lately...i went out for a while (didn't even drink) and he called here..talked to Mom I guess...she didn't really say anything. called his mom's and he's out drinking with his d@mn dad...guess thats where he was last nite too. I'll see if I can scrounge up a calling card since my cell is shut off. I just feel like I'm in so deep with everything right now that I'll never see light.

mrs.john
07-25-2003, 05:08 AM
Don't worry about dumping on me. You know what I've been putting on you lately, lol. ;)

mrs.john
07-25-2003, 10:10 AM
Liz, how are things today? I left a message on the machine for you. If I didn't have to work this weekend, I'd come get you for a while. :(

Lizerella
07-25-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by mrs.john
Liz, how are things today? I left a message on the machine for you. If I didn't have to work this weekend, I'd come get you for a while. :(

Financially, things still stink...but Chris found another job already that will pay him cash at the end of the day everyday. He's buying his bus ticket tomorrow so he's leaving August 20th and thats that...if he buys his ticket now its only $109 so can't beat that. He's saving the money from this new place..plus a check for $120 is comin from the last job and I made him call orange julius to get his last check from them. They can't hold that back from him, he doesn't owe the store anything. I guess the landlady from where he was livin before called him threatening to sue him if he didn't give her money. I guess a verbal agreement out there is the same as a written so there went $200. I told him to tell her to get a different job or make her kids work and help her out instead of smoking weed everyday. ah well...what can ya do? theres more to it but ya know...got yer message...i'll try to get ahold of you before you go into work tomorrow to ask ya about it. Thanks for calling them for me. Mom's not too enthused but its not her wedding and she's not paying for it so....

Thanks everyone else for the hugs and etc. I know I've been awful whiney lately and I do apologize for it.

Widgetsx3
07-25-2003, 10:41 PM
Liz: I am glad that he found a job, and that the plans are set for him to come out. You just go ahead and whine....that is what we are here for. Wish I was closer and I could give you a real hug...but this will have to do {{{{Liz}}}}

mrs.john
07-25-2003, 11:39 PM
Liz, that hall is a great deal. $150 for 4 hours, and $75/hour after that. Figure on about 5-6 hours probably. I don't know their catering charges tho. But since the hall's so cheap, it would even out. The dj is booked for at least 4 hours and that deposit is made. I can pay your hall deposit if you want to babysit that off too. The guy said to come out and look at it and the outdoor wedding facilities. Maybe next weekend when I'm off work?

And just when do I get to look at these dresses? I'm going shopping for clinical stuff Monday--going to look for a pair of strappy shoes for this wedding, lol. ;)

I can't wait til Chris gets here! He seems like a helluva guy.

Lizerella
07-26-2003, 04:27 PM
thanks widget...big ol hugs back

heather, i'll send you some links to dresses i've looked at....and you're right..chris is great:)