PDA

View Full Version : What happens to the Soul?

angelinwaiting
07-23-2003, 08:26 PM
Just my belief, but I believe that when a person dies, their soul immediately leaves the body and when the day of the rapture takes place, I believe the soul will be "reunited" with the body for the ressurection....I don't think there is no "waiting period" when someone dies but then again, I may be wrong....very interesting subject:)

{{{{{{{{{FBH}}}}}}}}}}}

ahippiechic
07-23-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by angelinwaiting
Just my belief, but I believe that when a person dies, their soul immediately leaves the body and when the day of the rapture takes place, I believe the soul will be "reunited" with the body for the ressurection....I don't think there is no "waiting period" when someone dies but then again, I may be wrong....very interesting subject:)

{{{{{{{{{FBH}}}}}}}}}}}

That's what I think too.

angelinwaiting
07-23-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by ahippiechic
That's what I think too.

OMG, someone agrees with me:eek: Thats a rare thing:D

{{{{{hippie}}}}}}

julie_angel
07-24-2003, 05:41 AM
Very interesting subject, FBH. I have gone over this one in my mind alot recently, and am also interested in everyone's views on this.

Willow
07-24-2003, 07:57 AM
Well I'm Pagan so I have a different belief. I don't believe in heaven or hell. I believe in reincarnation. So my belief is that when your body dies your soul goes into what is referred to as an orientation period and you get prepared for your next life. Some Pagans refer to this as the summerland. If you've ever read any of Sylvia Browne's books you've probably read about the orientation period.

tikitiki
07-24-2003, 03:11 PM
When a person dies the spirit leaves the body. The spirit will go to a place called the Spirit World where you will continue to learn and progress. After a time, your body and spirit will be reunited, never again to be separated, this is called resurrection.

janelle
07-25-2003, 12:25 AM
Well I'm a Catholic and we believe the soul leaves the body at death. It goes either right to heaven if the person has lived a very holy life and is free from sin. Otherwise, and this would apply to most of us since most of us are not so holy and live our lives only for God, our souls go to a place called Purgatory. This place is not hell as most believe but a place of purification. We stay there until all stain of sin is purged from us and then we can enter heaven where no sin can exist. We wouldn't want to be in the presence of God who is all good if we had any stain of sin on our souls.

So it would depend on the state of our soul at the time of our death as to where it goes. If we are in the state of mortal sin as opposed to venial sin we would go to hell. Dying in that state one would have to have commited some very serious sins, like murder or the greatest sin of all which is turning away from God and not believing in Him. The bible says, "if you deny Me then I will deny you to the Father". Some people have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior and then have turned their backs on Him for their own selfish reasons.

You won't read about Purgatory in the Protestant bibles since those books were not included when people broke with the church. The Catholic bible is more extensive. We have the other books and I can find them for you if you are interested in reading them or get a Catholic bible and read the other books in there.

Purgatory is not a bad place, only a place separated from God. We are taught to pray for the poor souls in purgatory. In this way we help them to make amends for any venial sins they still have. When they are cleansed they go into heaven. Not long at all for people who have lived a good life.

This is why when a protestant thinks if one would commit even a small sin--venial--before they die then they would go to hell since they believe in once saved always saved. We don't believe in once saved always saved but then we have confession and the purging of sins to rely on. No one would go to hell for commiting a venial sin only a mortal--very serious sin. But we would have to be cleansed of all our pass sins before we could stand before God who is without sin. In His presence we must be all holy.

tn2h2
07-25-2003, 05:27 AM
My mother laid in a coma for 7 days after she was declared brain dead from her heart stoppage. When they got her heart going again she was brain dead. I made the decision to remove life support based on 2 doctors stating there was no hope. For 3 days she lingered. My daugher and my cousin were with her that night. I had left for the first time to get some sleep when she decided it was time to go. I was told later she did not want me there but waited until I left. My daughter was laying beside her in the hospital bed holding her and my cousin was sitting close to her. She opened her eyes and smiled at them. A aura of light departed from her body and she was gone. For 5 yrs now I have thought about this and wished so much that I had been there to see it. I was told that she could not depart as long as I was holding her here. I sure wish I new for sure. Thanks... Anne

jamrsc
07-25-2003, 07:19 AM
I believe that when a person dies their soul leaves their body immediately and either goes directly to Heaven, if they are born again, or directly to Hell.

GeThang
07-26-2003, 11:23 PM
Wow, this is an interesting one. I have pondered this one myself for a really long time. I am anxious to see everyone's thoughts. :)

okie
07-27-2003, 09:27 PM
Okay this may be totally off topic but this thread reminds me of something that happened to me,my grandmother and two of my sisters a few years ago.I live in Oklahoma and we were in a tornado a few years ago.We were all praying during the tornado because frankly we thought we were going to die.Well,right after the tornado had passed i seen a yellow,soft light.I was disoriented and at that moment i thought it was the light coming from the room we were hiding in.At that same moment my grandmother said something about the light not knowing that each of us were also seeing it.And one of my sisters said"no it can't be coming from the room because there was no roof".So at that point we figured it was either God protecting us or our grandfather who had just died 2 months ago.All i know is that we had been praying and then there was that light.So something was definetly protecting us that night.