PDA

View Full Version : What is it with some people?

suziebee20
07-23-2003, 06:03 PM
Small vent... at Target they have 2 packs of cereal for $5 with a free movie ticket packaged in the wrapper of the double pack, under the cereal. I got 1 the other day, and went back for one last night. I was so angry to see that ALL the packages were ripped open, and the tickets stolen! Gosh people, couldn't you just do it the legal way and buy the cereal, you're still getting all your money back as the theater costs over $7!

mrs.john
07-23-2003, 06:35 PM
People do things like that here too. Must be pretty brave (and rude) to be able to do that in a busy store. {{{suziebee}}}

julie_angel
07-23-2003, 07:45 PM
UGH! I can't stand that!!!! We had the cereal boxes a while back with the free CD-ROM games, I wanted the yahtzee one SO bad, but they were all ripped off!:mad:

I agree, it takes a lot of guts for people to do stuff like that in a busy store with cameras all over the place! But they do, and they must get away with it.:rolleyes:

Anyway, sorry you went all the way to the store to get them for nothing. That stinks!!!!

Ladytiger
07-23-2003, 07:56 PM
Yep. DD and DBF went to Target tonight-they said the boxes had huge gouges in them too, from someone ripping the plastic off, many boxes-I am writing an email to Target-that's just NUTS!

suziebee20
07-23-2003, 08:11 PM
I don't see how people can be that inconsiderate. I wouldn't be surprised if maybe 1 package was open, because there's always someone who takes advantage of things like that, but every single package was ripped open and on the shelf, and the shelves were almost compleatly stocked. How does someone even pull that off ripping open so many packages with cameras over their heads??

brooks45
07-23-2003, 08:55 PM
I would let the manager know and contact the cereal mfg and tell them you went to buy the 2 pak for the promo and seen someone had stolen the tickets,never know they might send you some coupons!! but sorry that happened!! seemS like things are getting crazier and crazier in stores these days!

Willow
07-24-2003, 08:42 AM
Some people don't have a conscience. Aren't they afraid of being caught on camera???????

~Roxy~
07-24-2003, 08:48 AM
Its a shame,but I guess if they do it they have no shame.

ajames05
07-24-2003, 08:51 AM
That is really sad. I would tell the manager and then send a polite letter to the cereal company. They might want to know that the packages were easy to tamper with.

schsa
07-24-2003, 09:14 AM
It has to be where you live. I have never seen anything like that on any give away from CD's to movie tickets in any of the stores I shop. Maybe it's just a different attitude around here but things are definately different. Our life style is very laid back and easy going. I can't imagine anyone doing that here.

MommyG3
07-24-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Patchouli
Some people don't have a conscience. Aren't they afraid of being caught on camera???????

Some are, but most do not care. Stores like Target, Wal*Mart, etc. have insurance on products. Plus with things like that, people think others just want the cereal and probably won't care if the package is ripped. Go figure. It is a shame that they get away with so much.

ebgreen74
07-24-2003, 09:52 AM
I was gonna say rhe same thing about the wine tags too-also people that say go to this store and rip coupons off certain products and then go to a different store that has them on sale and you get the product for free. No, you get it for free because you STOLE that coupon. Its insane how some people convince themselves that certain theft is OK.

katzenberg
07-24-2003, 10:29 AM
at the walmart and target i goto it happens all the time the cd rom games tickets are allways riped off the box i dont know they get away with it.

suziebee20
07-25-2003, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the responses, I think I'll email Kelloggs and let them know what happened. Maybe they should start putting it in the box or on the carton. I guess stuff like this is why so many companys like to make those offers where you gotta mail in the form.

About the wine tags, I agree... it doesn't seem right to take it is it isn't yours. Even if there is a law that allows it. That's just my opinion though, and I'll stick by it. What about those sodas that say Look on the cap to see if you win, then the fine print says "no purchase necessary" (if you want to mail them a postcard for a game piece), do you just pop open the bottles in the store because it says NO PURCHASE REQUIRED?