PDA

View Full Version : Everyone from North Carolina>>>>>>>>

Lisa03
07-23-2003, 07:50 AM
Come in a say HEY!

I live in a small town in NC but I work in Greensboro ( which is alot bigger, lol)

just wanted to say hello to my NC friends out there

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

We got a storm bad yesterday here

It was so dark!!!!

MrsSpeed
07-23-2003, 08:10 AM
I don't live in North Carolina. BUT I WISH I DID!!! I'd be in heaven being that close to all the Nascar drivers (Bobby :D ) all the time.

Lisa03
07-23-2003, 08:12 AM
lol- I think I am about 2 or 2 1/2 hrs from most of their shops

I still haven't been to any of them but maybe one day

Hey MrsSpeed--I'm glad Bobby is ok after that bad fire wreck he had. It was terrible & Scary! Thank God he is ok!

MrsSpeed
07-23-2003, 08:16 AM
Oh I know!! That was a scary wreck! :eek: I wasn't watching the race that day. I'm glad I wasn't. I would have freaked!! I saw the replay though and it was just as scary.

Lisa03
07-23-2003, 08:22 AM
I think they are working on putting a rear fire extingusher in the cards

I mean that was like the 2 or 3 wreck that the cars have caught on fire like that

Oh a friend of mine is a Manager of A Cleaner World and I got to see Kyle Petty's uniform & the crews' too

Neat. They wear a fire protective outfit underneathe it too. I know they have to be HOT

I also saw Kyle's underwear- which I better not comment on that:eek: :eek: :eek:

MrsSpeed
07-23-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Lisa03
I also saw Kyle's underwear- which I better not comment on that:eek: :eek: :eek:

:eek: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I don't think I want to know. :D I like Kyle though. He stopped to make sure Bobby was alright. :)

I saw where Ryan Newman has changed firesuits to a more flame retardant material. He tested it himself in comparison to the Simpson suit. They held a torch up to the Simpson suit and it burned almost instantly. While this other material took 120 seconds before it burned. Not a hard decision to make!

MrsSpeed
07-23-2003, 08:33 AM
I'm sorry for "hi-jacking" your thread. It wasn't supposed to be about Nascar. :o

tarbabie
07-23-2003, 08:52 AM
Greeting from Raleigh! Heard on the news last night that we got an 1 inch of rain in about 2 hours...that's quite abit~!

cathych
07-23-2003, 09:17 AM
Hello from coastal Wilmington!!!!!!!!

CarolinaBlue
07-23-2003, 09:36 AM
Anybody that is close enough to see the race shops (about an hour from me), please be sure and see DEI (Dale Earnhardt Inc). Even if you aren't an Earnhardt fan, that shop is really something you don't want to miss!
Plus, Dale Jr lives right across the street. You might luck up like a friend of mine did and bump into him. I WISH!!!

badswife
07-23-2003, 09:42 AM
HEY LISA03..... I LIVE RIGHT ON THE VA/NC LINE. DOES THAT COUNT? I CAN BE IN GREENSBORO IN 45 MINUTES! SO YOU ARE NOT FAR FROM ME EITHER! HOWDY!

Lisa03
07-23-2003, 09:45 AM
Hey there

I live in Madison!!

I live near the VA line too!

I have never been to Danville ( I know- terrible!!)
I go to Martinsville though. Sales Tax is much cheaper there! :)

It takes me about 40-45 min to get to work here in Greensboro

Nice to hear from you! :)

Lisa03
07-23-2003, 09:46 AM
Carolina Blue- he lives right across the street? OH MY!
:)

badswife
07-23-2003, 09:54 AM
NOT MISSING ANYTHING IN DANVILLE. WE USUALLY GO TO GREENSBORO. LOL

Lisa03
07-23-2003, 09:59 AM
lol- That is bad

Greensboro is huge- traffic is crappy

Hello to the person in Raleigh & Wilmington!

sorry I didn't see your posts earlier

The company I work for has the HQ in Raleigh & an office in Wilmington!

how cool is that?

It's called Precision Walls- any of you seen those places?

Crick
07-23-2003, 10:14 AM
I live in Myrtle Beach, SC but born and raised in High Point, NC and went to college in Raleigh (NCSU).

Lisa03
07-23-2003, 10:17 AM
Hey Crick! Do you like living at the Beach better? or should I even ask? lol

Crick
07-23-2003, 10:34 AM
Hey Crick! Do you like living at the Beach better? or should I even ask? lol

LOL...Most of my family still live in High Point/Thomasville area. One sister in Durham. Go home when I get a chance. Sand, surf and bikini's are much better than rain gear and snow suits!:D

Lisa03
07-23-2003, 10:36 AM
oh don't even say the R word! It won't stop here. It's like everyday it's Rain, Thunder storms etc.

I think we are going to flood away

I hope the snow isn't bad next time around

Crick
07-23-2003, 10:53 AM
Same here. More than triple the average yearly rainfall already and it's just July.
Still raining and calling for storms through tomorrow and into Friday. Doesn't help the tourist industry.

Lisa03
07-23-2003, 10:55 AM
that is true. Can't lay out on the beach in the rain, lol

kinda defeats the purpose

tarbabie
07-23-2003, 10:56 AM
This is too funny! Last year we prayed for Rain and now we can't get away from it- Lake Crabtree is on the rise! Hubby works right by the outlet mall in Morrisville so we can see it daily...

Lisa03
07-23-2003, 11:04 AM
I guess it's true when they say Watch what you wish for cause you just my get it:eek:

ok no one wishes for snow ok? NO SNOW, lol

unless it is a small flurry :)

cathych
07-23-2003, 11:16 AM
I have lived in Wilmington since 1979, it has had heavy snows 2 times, flurries maybe 3 times.

Lisa03
07-23-2003, 11:31 AM
that isn't bad at all there

I live in the mountains/boonies

ice is the killer here at times:eek:

cathych
07-23-2003, 11:41 AM
I used to live in Asheville........bbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrr.......it really gets some cold weather up there.

Lisa03
07-23-2003, 11:44 AM
Yeah up there near Boone etc

that part of NC I think gets really bad winter storms

Asheville is pretty though

I've never been to that Biltmore Estate yet

heyjude
07-23-2003, 12:15 PM
Yeah up there near Boone etc

that part of NC I think gets really bad winter storms

Asheville is pretty though

I've never been to that Biltmore Estate yet

Hey, y'all...just saying "hello" from Weaverville, just outside of Asheville, up in the mountains. Cathych, I can't believe you used to live here!! I'm about 10=15 min. from Ashe. and have to go into town all the time. Lisa, I've been here since 1987 and haven't been to the Biltmore Estate, either. It's gotten toooo expensive, but I hear it's beautiful.
We've been getting rain storms for the last few weeks, too. One of my dogs is literally terrified of thunder, and God bless her heart, she hides in a corner or in the closet; there's NO way to get her out or comfort her.
I'm dreading winter, 'cause I live on a private, gravel road that's about one and a half miles long; it dead ends on the Ivy River. And, when it snows, I can't even get out of this road in a FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE JEEP! I think Jeff Foxworthy got one of his jokes from me, when he says, "you might be a redneck if...the directions to your house say, "turn on the dirt road" (something like that).
Anyway, I'm so glad you started this thread; it's always great to "meet" others with a geographical connection. ;)

Crick
07-23-2003, 12:20 PM
I visited the Biltmore Estate when I was in school. The gardens are beautiful. Used to go through Boone every two-three weeks. Had friends that lived in Newland just the other side of Grandfather Mountain. They moved to Banner Elk on the NC/TN line. Remember leaving Myrtle Beach in shorts and T-shirt and got to Boone and it was snowing. LOL

Lisa03
07-23-2003, 12:25 PM
Hey HeyJude!

Glad you stopped in & say Hello!!

Crick- I can believe that leaving the beach in shorts and then get up there and it would be snowing, lol!!

I bet you had to find some jeans or something:p

Crick
07-23-2003, 12:35 PM
Had to find a store in a hurry. LOL It was May and about 80 degrees in Myrtle Beach and in the low 30's in Boone.

erniemarie
07-23-2003, 03:14 PM
well when all ya'll come to greensboro you can stop and visit me, I live on the eastside of town;) ;)

Lisa03
07-23-2003, 03:32 PM
erniemarie

Hey there

I work right at the intersection of Holden and Market Street

I'm in Greensboro 5 days a week, lol

NASCAR38
07-23-2003, 05:58 PM
I Dont live in NC I live in SC Not far from Darlington ;) I have Family that lives In Yanceyville NC .. We Go to the Smoky Mountains Alot In NC And The outer banks is Nice too i'm about An Hour Away From the Sc Coast We Go to the Beach Alot but the outer Banks Is a Nice Change to just going to the SC coast ;)

KYgirl
07-23-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Crick
I live in Myrtle Beach, SC but born and raised in High Point, NC and went to college in Raleigh (NCSU).

I am orginally from Myrtle Beach :D

Brother is in North Myrtle

Father and some cousins live in Conway / Aynor
and the rest of the family is all over SC

I miss the Carolina's so bad :(

May Talk Hubby in to moving down there......Yeah Right.....lol

Lisa03
07-23-2003, 06:36 PM
NASCAR38

my bf's sister lives in Hartsville, SC and his parents are from Chesterfield, SC

he has kin people all over SC, lol

erniemarie
07-23-2003, 06:38 PM
erniemarie

Hey there

I work right at the intersection of Holden and Market Street

I'm in Greensboro 5 days a week, lol

i know right where that is, I used to live on Spring Garden about 4 blocks from from holden road, now i live on the other side of town off of east market

Lisa03
07-23-2003, 06:42 PM
that is so neat that we are that close! :)

I know where Spring Garden street is- that is where UNCG is at

they had a rapist going around there- can't remember if they caught him

missbeepin
07-23-2003, 07:59 PM
Hey there girlfriend......lol.....checking into this NC thread...YOU know where I am....The HUGE city of Lexington!.lol...
Now that I know where you office is.....the next time I have to drive the kiddo's to a feild trip to Greensboro.....I just might pop in......lol......

cathych
07-23-2003, 08:03 PM
Hey hey hey let us not forget that Lexington is famous for their bbq! (tru tar heels know that, don't we!)

missbeepin
07-23-2003, 08:11 PM
..lol.but I am a true northerner.....and I just can't get used to the vinegar based BBQ and the "red" slaw!...lol..I love the sweet style BBQ and white slaw!.....Incidently I live right near Lexington BBQ!....lol.......I do eat there.......can't resist!

kelsie126
07-23-2003, 10:15 PM
I was born in Charlotte but grew up in GA. My family lives in Sherrils Ford now and bro works for Tony Stewart :D

tarbabie
07-23-2003, 10:17 PM
I love the Red- Hot and Blue! YUM!

Iluvbears
07-23-2003, 10:30 PM
Also live in NC, Near Raleigh...I'm from the west coast orig. I don't dare eat North Carolina BBQ...I tried it one time at a BBQ Lodge in Raleigh when I first moved here. I ordered a BBQ Sandwich. When they brought it out. I said, this isn't BBQ. what the hell is this? The waiter said, Ma'am, it's a BBQ sandwich." I said, Where I come from Vinegar isn't BBQ. That was some nasssssssssy sh*t. Now, if you want to try some "REAL BBQ" Go to Texas..

Lisa03
07-24-2003, 05:58 AM
Hey kelsie126 - that is cool that your bro works for Tony :)

Hey Missbeepin!! Glad to see you girl! We have got to meet!

I love BBQ here. Never had one in Lexington though which I heard was the best there, lol

Crick
07-24-2003, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by missbeepin
Hey there girlfriend......lol.....checking into this NC thread...YOU know where I am....The HUGE city of Lexington!.lol...
Now that I know where you office is.....the next time I have to drive the kiddo's to a feild trip to Greensboro.....I just might pop in......lol......

I lived in Lexington before moving to Myrtle Beach. I miss Speedy's BBQ and Jimmy Harvey's BBQ. Loved going to the Lexington BBQ festival every October.

Lisa03
07-24-2003, 07:17 AM
now I BBQ, lol

missbeepin
07-24-2003, 08:59 AM
I NEVER miss the BBQ festival every October!.....It is a BIG deal each year in Uptown Lexintown!
I havn't yet decided after 7 years whether I like thSpeedy's or the Lexington BBQ yet....however Speedy's has a much better Hot Dog!!

Lisa I usually drive a few field trips a year to Greensboro to the Children's Museum, and to The Natural Science Museum....and one other place....But we have to make 3 trips to the Childrens Museum becaue they only allow 2 classes at a time and we have 6 Kindergarten Classes.

Crick
07-24-2003, 09:20 AM
I NEVER miss the BBQ festival every October!.....It is a BIG deal each year in Uptown Lexintown!
I havn't yet decided after 7 years whether I like thSpeedy's or the Lexington BBQ yet....however Speedy's has a much better Hot Dog!

Speedy's is still my favorite. The BBQ Festival is the social event of the year in Lexington. LOL

"I am orginally from Myrtle Beach :)
Father and some cousins live in Conway / Aynor
and the rest of the family is all over SC" KYgirl

Not many natives of Myrtle Beach left. Cow Bingo is still big in Aynor! LMAO

Lisa03
07-24-2003, 09:53 AM
I've been to the Natural Science Center before

I took my b/f's son there last year

he had a blast

missbeepin
07-24-2003, 10:12 AM
Hey Crick did you know that the lady that was responsible for the Barbecue Festival over the last 12 years or so....passed away last year? Her name was Kaye Saintsing......

missbeepin
07-24-2003, 10:13 AM
Kayla got to go to the Natural Science center last year too....she absolutely loved it!

Crick
07-24-2003, 10:35 AM
Hey Crick did you know that the lady that was responsible for the Barbecue Festival over the last 12 years or so....passed away last year? Her name was Kaye Saintsing......

I didn't know that. Don't get back to Lexington much. Do good to get home to High Point. That is sad. The festival is such a huge event for Lexington.

Lisa03
07-24-2003, 10:38 AM
Looks like we are going to have to kidnap Crick and bring him back to NC:p

Crick
07-24-2003, 10:41 AM
Looks like we are going to have to kidnap Crick and bring him back to NC:p

Have to find me first! :D

Lisa03
07-24-2003, 11:13 AM
you might have a point there

you would have to live in a very popular area

well darn! LOL!

missbeepin
07-24-2003, 11:20 AM
We could get Tech to help us out....he's darn good at those things....lol.......

Lisa03
07-24-2003, 11:55 AM
that would work

ok Crick- get packed! We will be coming for ya LOL!!!:p

missbeepin
07-24-2003, 11:56 AM
I think it will work!...lol.......

Lisa03
07-24-2003, 12:02 PM
Ok he has to bring me a shot glass though

since I collect them, lol

Crick
07-24-2003, 12:06 PM
you might have a point there

you would have to live in a very popular area

well darn! LOL!

:D MUHAHAHAHA

"We could get Tech to help us out....he's darn good at those things....lol......." missbeepin

Don't think TECH has time to help find me. He's to busy keeping the boards running. :p

"ok Crick- get packed! We will be coming for ya LOL!!!" Lisa03

You and missbeepin will be too busy checking the surfer dudes out to find me. LOL Don't think my boss would be happy about me getting kidnapped with the weekend coming up although my family would be willing to pay $$$.

Lisa03
07-24-2003, 12:23 PM
you boss called and said he was more than willing to get rid of you for awhile

told me he would even pay me & Missbeepin! LOL!!!!!

nanajoanie
07-24-2003, 12:38 PM
I live in Greensboro about 1-1/2 miles from PTI Airport. We are only 1/2 mile off Market St. Used to live in High Point by High Point University. Our door is always open and the vittles are always served.

Crick
07-24-2003, 12:38 PM
you boss called and said he was more than willing to get rid of you for awhile

told me he would even pay me & Missbeepin! LOL!!!!!

He's 80 years old and I doubt he would want to come in and manage the motel while I'm away this time of year. :p

Lisa03
07-24-2003, 12:41 PM
he has a "back up" person that you don't know anything about

he is more than happy to relieve you from your duties for a little while:p

it's not like we are going to keep you or anything

:p