PDA

View Full Version : Pill Users Read!!!

IselaRose
07-22-2003, 10:53 PM
Nortrel 7/7/7 Birth Control Pill Recalled

WebMD Medical News Reviewed By Brunilda Nazario, MD
on Friday, July 11, 2003

Date of recall: July 9, 2003

What is being recalled: Barr Laboratories is voluntarily recalling three lots of its Nortrel 7/7/7 28- day birth control pills. The pills in these oral contraceptives may have been improperly packaged, which may increase the risk of unintentional pregnancy.

The recall is effective immediately and involves about 470,000 packages with the following lot numbers:

The lot numbers should appear in a window labeled "LOT:" located on the upper right-hand corner of the back of the package. No other lot numbers are affected by this recall. But any Nortrel 7/7/7 28-day product that does not have a lot number is also subject to the recall.

The Nortrel 7/7/7 28-day is packaged in a blister card with four rows of pills. The first row should contain yellow tablets, the second blue tablets, the third peach tablets, and the fourth white tablets. Each of the different colored tablets contains varying levels of active hormonal ingredients and the white tablets are placebo pill.

The company initiated the recall after it received two reports in which the white placebo tablets were in the first or "week one" row rather than in the last row labeled "week four." In addition, the lot number and expiration date were not visible on the back of the package.

Side effects: According to Barr, a woman who has received a Nortrel 7/7/7 28-day blister card with tablets in the wrong sequence could be at an increased risk of pregnancy. In addition, changes to the menstrual cycle, including delayed bleeding, irregular bleeding or spotting, may occur.

What to do: Barr recommends that women taking Nortrel 7/7/7 28-day carefully check their blister cards and take the following steps:

If their blister card contains out-of-sequence tablets, they should continue taking the product, immediately consult with their health care practitioner for further instructions, and return the product to their pharmacist for a replacement blister card. The company will replace any out-of-sequence blister card at no additional cost and will also cover the cost of a pregnancy test for any woman who purchased and used a blister card with out-of-sequence tablets.
If their blister card contains the correct sequence of tablets, they should continue taking the product.
Women who are not certain whether their blister card contains the correct sequence of tablets should contact the Barr Laboratories or their pharmacist immediately, but should continue taking the product until otherwise instructed by their health care practitioner or pharmacist.
Women who believe they may have previously taken Nortrel 7/7/7 28-day from an out-of-sequence blister card and who are concerned about pregnancy or irregular bleeding should consult their health care practitioner for further instructions.

For more information about this recall, call Barr Laboratories, Inc.'s Drug Information at 1-800-222-0190 extension 33302.

Distributor: Barr Laboratories, Inc.

keep bumped if possible

tarbabie
07-23-2003, 07:53 AM
Your are telling me! I recently switched to this from Ortho 7/7/7 beacause it is a generic and the pharmacy called and offered to pay for the PG test! I have already had my 3 and am done so I wasn't worried about being PG this time because it took clomid to get number 3...still bothered me thought after I got to thinking about it- I'm 39 (almost 40) and don't want anymore...ARGH! Be careful guys!

tiffany21
07-23-2003, 07:57 AM
oh no those are the ones I take :eek: thank you for the info

IselaRose
07-23-2003, 10:03 PM
bump

meme
07-24-2003, 10:49 PM
BUMP!!!!

alyssasmom
07-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Hi, i'm new here. I just wanted to make sure it's just those lot numbers because i take them.

DrGrin
07-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Hi, i'm new here. I just wanted to make sure it's just those lot numbers because i take them.

I'm curious. You're a new member, and this is your first post. Welcome to the forum. :D

Now can you tell me why your first choice of posting is in a thread that is three years old??? This seems to be happening a LOT on this forum lately (New people bumping threads up that are more than a year or two old) I'm just wondering how you are finding these old threads to reply to. :confused:

freeby4me
07-25-2006, 12:02 PM
Sheesh, I didnt even notice that its 3 years old LOL Hope no-one had any "accidents" :p

Bubblescc
07-25-2006, 12:13 PM
I'm curious. You're a new member, and this is your first post. Welcome to the forum. :D

Now can you tell me why your first choice of posting is in a thread that is three years old??? This seems to be happening a LOT on this forum lately (New people bumping threads up that are more than a year or two old) I'm just wondering how you are finding these old threads to reply to. :confused:

You can do an advanced search and pull up lots of old threads.. In the advanced search option you can choose dates etc...hope that helps...

TxGreek
07-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Aside from doing the advanced search, you can also Google whatever you're looking for and come up with old posts. People may reply to them thinking it's fairly new since it came up in their search.

I agree, though. Kind of weird.

Urban Cowgirl
07-26-2006, 07:40 PM
LMAO!!! I just had a heart attack! This is the pill I take and while I intend to try for baby #2 this winter, just not ready quite yet!!! Phew............