PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with my baby??

Mini
07-22-2003, 07:14 PM
My little doggy is sick..not sure whats wrong with him. I was sitting in the living room today and he was in my parents room under his blankie like always and he came walking into the living room and jumped up into "his" chair and stood there and acted like he couldn't get his balance so me and mom naturally thought maybe he got to hot under his blankie since it was hot this morning. Then i let him outside like always and he stood on the porch looking like he was gonna fall over so i went and gave him a bath thinking maybe it'd make him feel better but after his bath he still staggered around. So then mom thought he might be hungry so she gave him some canned food(normally a treat) and he ate it and drank water. But he still staggers..we don't know whats wrong because he eats and drinks normally and he still barks normally but he acts so out of it. He's usually up and running around or something. Anybody know what it is..or maybe hes just having a bad day?:confused:

Kyla Kym
07-22-2003, 07:23 PM
Maybe inner ear infection???? I'm sorry to hear about your baby. I hope it will get better soon. Maybe witchygurl will log on. She seems to know allot about dogs. (((((HUGS)))))

gonzo
07-22-2003, 07:30 PM
Sounds just like when mine had an inner ear infection. Can you take his temperature? Time to take him to the vet. Hope he is better soon.

works4me
07-23-2003, 03:50 AM
My dog was acting like that, too, so I took him to the vet. Turned out he has diabetes, has to have insulin 2X a day. I hope he's okay...

iluvmybaby
07-26-2003, 04:18 PM
Best thing to do would be to call your vet and describe the symptoms your dog is having, he will tell you whether or not it requires a vet visit.

ntgsmommy
07-27-2003, 01:34 PM
maybe hypoglycemic(sp?)

SaraSmiles
07-27-2003, 01:50 PM
Please take your doggie to the vet. That is how "Baby" was acting right before....
I would certainly have the ears checked, liver, kidneys and teeth. Dogs teeth can get infected and they will stagger around. Please let us know how your dog is doing. :)