PDA

View Full Version : Melting!

ahippiechic
07-22-2003, 08:47 AM
No air conditioning today and it's suppossed to be 110! :( It's 92 already. The air for our whole apt complex went out about 1:30 last night, the emergency service called to tell me, (like I wasn't sitting there sweating my a$$ off) and maint. was called in to fix it. (I went to the pool for a dip at 2:30!) Well, at 4:00 they tell me they can't fix it, so I had to call someone out. The got here at 8:00 & say it'll be fixed in about 2 hours! But after it's fixed, it takes it up to 2 more hours to get started actually cooling the apt down! OMFG, I'm melting already, & it's only 9:00! >:(

Kelsey1224
07-22-2003, 09:03 AM
Sounds like you need another trip to the pool...

Or maybe...dump the ice cubes in the bathroom and climb in.

It's hot here in S. California...but it is at least a wee bit cooler than this past weekend!

ckerr4
07-22-2003, 09:20 AM
I totally sympathize. Sunday afternoon, our electricity went out (the entire building). This was about 3:30 pm. It didn't come back on until about 8 in the morning. We were dying all night. We actually left the apartment a couple times that evening thinking it would be fixed by the time we got back, but NOOOOOOO!!!

Luckily, I had just been to the candle store, so we had plenty of light. It was just the air.

However, there are some things you can do when all the lights are out and there's no distracting electronics:eek: :p lol. I hope your apartment cools down soon - I know from recent, personal experience how absolutely SUCKY it is:)

Merryg
07-22-2003, 09:22 AM
Better now than later right? Hope you get cooled off lately. I will be watching the news for crazy naked lady on the streets of Pheonix!!!;)

sadie01
07-22-2003, 11:46 AM
I am melting too... Heat index today is about 110.... and it's humid!!!

eeigh33
07-22-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Merryg
I will be watching the news for crazy naked lady on the streets of Pheonix!!!;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I hope it cools off for you soon! We have been very fortunate today...it has not been too bad...but lately, our ac cannot even keep up! I dred my up comming electric bill...:mad:

Willow
07-22-2003, 04:48 PM
I hope the air is fixed now. I was just telling my son this morning that I can't wait for the fall to get here. LOL I usually love the summer and can't wait for it to get here because I love seeing all the flowers in bloom and the grass and all of that but I can't stand the humidity. It makes me crabby. I love the fall. It's my favorite season. Sorry I didn't mean to whine in your thread. :)

ahippiechic
07-22-2003, 08:33 PM
It's fixed now, but it takes some time to get as coll as it should be. I've still got a couple of fans running!

stresseater
07-22-2003, 09:59 PM
I can sympathise, fortunatly it stayed under 90 in the house today. We had a cold front pull through. I don't think they should legally be able to call it a cold front if the resulting temperatures are still in the 90's.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

the1bea
07-23-2003, 05:32 AM
I am glad that you got your ac fixed. I understand the heat. We are in a major heat wave right now. Today will be the 8th day in a row of 100+ temps. It is suppost to be 105 today and it was 108 yesterday. When it gets that hot, our ac freezes up and does not work as well as it should. I need to by me some fans!!!

wall flower
07-23-2003, 07:34 AM
If you would send your heat to our state and let us have a summer your prob would be solved. We had a high yesterday of 68....stay cool!

julie_angel
07-23-2003, 10:37 AM
Ugh, even with the air conditioners on I am still sweating! Last night it stormed all night, so I had them all off. Of course the baby was up all night because the storms scared him. I thought the heat would pass afterward, but no such luck. I am still sweltering.