PDA

View Full Version : I have another owie!!

Kelsey1224
07-22-2003, 08:32 AM
Okay...I've come to the conclusion that I am a total klutz.

A few weeks ago I posted about slicing off a small piece of my thumb with my Pampered Chef mandolin. (That's healing nicely thank you...)

Sunday night I broke my little toe. I caught it on one of the sofa legs and even my husband heard the crack.

Today is our 25th wedding anniversary. Bob said I was suppose to get silver for this anniversary...not black and blue!

Yep...it is black and blue and purple and all swollen up!

We are going to Disneyland for two days on Sunday/Monday...then off to Vegas next week. How am I going to get around??

Kelsey1224
07-22-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Ravenlost
Slowly!!!

Keep ice on it and stay off it as much as possible until then.

{{{kelsey}}}

Yea...I should be home with my foot up. However, because I am going on vacation next week, I have deadlines which need to be done before I go. So...I'm hobbling around at work...

The bruising is spreading up the foot...

Princess4J
07-22-2003, 10:31 AM
WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WITH YOU ????

{{{KELSEY}}}

HAPPY ANNIVERSY !!!!!

jonette5
07-22-2003, 12:39 PM
Oh lordy I know what you are going through! I have broken my pinky toe twice and both times the whole foot bruised. If you can take your shoe off at work...ace bandage an ice pack to foot and walk around like that. You should stay off of it as much as possible for a couple days though. When you go on vacation ace bandage the foot before putting it in shoe, wear good supporting tennis shoes, put it up at night and ice it if possible. Hang in there! Enjoy your vacation!

BeanieLuvR
07-22-2003, 01:44 PM
{{{{Kelsey1224}}}} I have broken mine too. It hurts like heck. What a terrible time for it to happen. Hope you have a good trip still.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

justme23
07-22-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Kelsey1224
Yea...I should be home with my foot up. However, because I am going on vacation next week, I have deadlines which need to be done before I go. So...I'm hobbling around at work...

The bruising is spreading up the foot...

No you shouldn't... the worst thing you can do for ANY injury to the foot is baby it. It may hurt, but walk on it anyways (I'd ask my doc for a boot thingie if it's bruising and swelling in your foot, then you won't have to worry about working it TOO much)... ankle/foot injuries take an incredibly long time to heal as it is and pampering it too much only makes the wait longer. I am terribly sorry you broke it tho... Happy Anniversary and I hope you have an excellent vacation despite your toe!!!

For those of you who will undoubtedly tell me I am wrong, my cousin works in the 3rd busiest emergency room in the country and these words come straight from her mouth. I'm also a chronic ankle sprainer, but I make myself walk on it and I'm never limping for more than 2 weeks.

DBackFan
07-22-2003, 07:06 PM
Try to have a wonderful time and take care of yourself!

Kelsey1224
07-23-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by justme23
No you shouldn't... the worst thing you can do for ANY injury to the foot is baby it. It may hurt, but walk on it anyways (I'd ask my doc for a boot thingie if it's bruising and swelling in your foot, then you won't have to worry about working it TOO much)... ankle/foot injuries take an incredibly long time to heal as it is and pampering it too much only makes the wait longer.

Well...if walking on it is good for it...then I will be doing real good for my toe.

I have a meeting this morning which is 5 blocks away from my building. Since I take the train into work...I will be walking to it (which is what I normally do anyway.)

We do have shuttles...but they don't start until 9:00 a.m. and my meeting is at 8:00. I will be taking the shuttle back to my office.

wall flower
07-23-2003, 07:40 AM
when I broke mine my doc buddy taped it to the other toe..it healed faster and helped the pain somewhat..

kimp67
07-23-2003, 07:49 AM
OUCH!!!!
Happy Anniversary anyway!!!!!!

justme23
07-23-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Kelsey1224
Well...if walking on it is good for it...then I will be doing real good for my toe.

I have a meeting this morning which is 5 blocks away from my building. Since I take the train into work...I will be walking to it (which is what I normally do anyway.)

We do have shuttles...but they don't start until 9:00 a.m. and my meeting is at 8:00. I will be taking the shuttle back to my office.

Well I don't know if I'd walk on it that much... She (my cousin) just meant your normal every day activities!!! I'd still ask for a boot or tape it up (like someone else said).