PDA

View Full Version : Commissary Question *Any Help Appreciated*

MrsManxieCat
07-21-2003, 07:48 PM
I have heard from quite a few people that if your military and overseas or in the US that you can use expired coupons for up to 6 months there after. My question is though has anyone in the states done this or can you confirm this? I am in VA and wanted to know if this would be able to be done with our commissary. Any help or explanation of this would be appreciated! Thanks

melodyjl
07-21-2003, 08:20 PM
I may be wrong, but I don't think you can use the expired ones at the commissaries here in the states. All the info I can find is that the overseas ones can for up to 6 months past date.

suzziq03
07-21-2003, 08:23 PM
I havent done this, but I belive your best bet would be to call your local Commissary and ask them, from my understanding the commissarys are not ran by the MWR which regulates a lot of the prices and coupons and such,but by something else, I dont recall the name at this time.... ( this is what my hubby told me and he works for MWR at the base dance club ) but no harm in calling and asking or taking a few with you next time you go and trying :). wish I could be more of help to you. gl!

kelsie126
07-22-2003, 03:02 AM
Expireds can only be used at bases overseas.

MrsManxieCat
07-22-2003, 07:29 AM
Ya I thought it was overseas only as well but so many people kept saying elsewise. Guess the expired ones I get can be sent to others in need of them overseas. Thanks eveyrone for your help!