PDA

View Full Version : What a crock .............!

alatina99
07-21-2003, 03:19 PM
The decision to eliminate the DVD players from the FTM program was a difficult decision for us as we realize that many of our members have been saving his or her FTMs specifically for the DVD player. However, we also realize that we cannot offer a sufficient quantity of DVDs to satisfy the majority of our members. Therefore, we regret the fact that we will no longer be offering DVD players in the FTM program.

We realize that many of our members will not be happy with this change but it is something we have to do for business reasons. The main focus and sole purpose behind StartSampling has not changed, nor has our commitment to our members. Our mission is to offer consumers the chance to "Try Something New," and we feel confident that we are fulfilling our mission of getting new samples out to our members. The average number of samples members have been able to select is 63, valued at more than $130. So, this means for many of you there have been over 63 times that you have ordered, received, sampled, and had the opportunity to provide feedback on free products. The FTM program is, and always was intended, to be a bonus for participation on our site. We have not lost sight of the fact that our member's feedback is important to us and to the manufacturers. We hope that you understand the necessity of changing the FTM program, and continue to visit our site on a regular basis.

Is it just me or does this just make ya wanna scream?!

:mad: :mad:

meli2sa
07-21-2003, 03:58 PM
It is annoying!!! I worked since September 2000 to get enough points for a big prize, got there about 3 or 4 months ago, and never can find when they have the DVD players. They will drop them before I ever get one. I emailed them and complained and got the same email.

bambi-fawn
07-21-2003, 04:04 PM
back in december i cashed in 3500 ftms for a calculator. never received it. in february i was told it would be 6-9 weeks for them to send me another one. in april i again email them, still no calculator. in june and again in july i emailed them......still no calculator.

now here's what has me PO'D. THEY FINALLY EMAILED ME BACK AND SAID THAT "SINCE THIS WAS OVER THERE 90 DAYS POLICY THEY WOULD DO NOTHING ABOUT THE CALCULATOR OR THE 3500 FTMS.

I THINK THIS REALLY BITES. I'VE BEEN A MEMBER OF STARTSAMPLING SINCE APRIL 0F 2000. SHEESH WOULD IT KILL THEM TO AT LEAST REFUND THE FTMS.

SO IT DOESN'T SURPRIZE ME THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO GET SCREWED OUT OF THE DVD PLAYER...................:( :( :(

alatina99
07-21-2003, 04:26 PM
yes it is annoying beyond belief-ok yes I know its free samples-yes I know its all free free free but the point is is I spent alot of time getting referals,miles etc...ive been checking in a few times a day at least 4 times a week(yes i know this makes me sound oh so sad-lol)for a few years only to have the dvd player ripped from my grubby,greedy mitts-bugs me I tell ya!

KitKittyKat
07-21-2003, 04:26 PM
You're not the only one who didnt' get the calculator. I was talking to my sister about this. She said she also cashed in her points, but for two calculators. She never got them either. She quit doing SS after she cashed out. Now she is even more ticked with them now that she realized they don't even pay out when you select something.

I stopped participating at SS back in March. There just isn't any point. I will select samples I want, but I will not give feedback or do anything else on their site. They have to pay me if they want feedback, and they have made it clear that they expect feedback for free. I managed to get two $50 checks out of them when they first started up. They set the expectation of pay for feedback, so of course members will be mad when they stop. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Anyone know how to cancel your account?

alatina99
07-21-2003, 04:29 PM
oh yeah and one more thing(yes I am obsessed today-lol) I would be willing to bet that NOT ONE of us here is or knows any of the people listed on there July list of DVD winners.Ifanyone gets one please tell the rest of us so at least I can chill and quit thinking the whole thing is a ripoff!

Quaker_Parrots
07-21-2003, 05:42 PM
Could you report them for fraud?

Willow
07-21-2003, 08:35 PM
I stopped bothering with Start Sampling along time ago. All they ever do is change their policy whenever someone tries to cash in their miles. If people stop going to their site they will end up going out of business.

Kelsey1224
07-22-2003, 07:16 AM
I got fed up with them quite a while ago. I check back to see if they have samples (which is quite rare)... I'm taking the samples and forgetting about the feedback.

schsa
07-22-2003, 07:21 AM
I just get the samples. It's not worth my time and effort to give them any more information because there are no "rewards" that are worth while and those that are never appear. You can get samples other ways than SS.

Lisa03
07-22-2003, 07:25 AM
I too have started just getting the samples

no use in leaving feedback if you're not going to get what is promised to you:(

alatina99
07-22-2003, 04:40 PM
im starting to think that way now myself-i always have done my feedback-waaaaaahhhhhh

eeigh33
07-22-2003, 04:43 PM
Yep..just the samples for me here...I check once in a blue moon...get my samples and run! I have never seen any available prizes...EVER..I even emailed them once about it a year or so ago...The response back was ridiculous... :rolleyes:

mesue
07-22-2003, 07:45 PM
Isn't this fraud of some sort you all should contact someone about this company, I quit going there after I had done things that was required to get points and they never were put on my account, it stayed at the same number of 200 and something all the time, but reading all this it sounds like even when they do give you the points you can't use them.

tljohn123
07-23-2003, 06:34 AM
I agree..it IS a crock. I was cordially 'disinvited' to be a member at SS because they determined that I was committing fraud. Gee...and all because I cashed out my points for a stupid coffee cup. I disabled my account, my MIL, my SIL, and my mom's because of these. Yes, I did complain to planet feedback---didn't do any good except I got a threatening letter from SS saying if I continued harassing them, legal action would be taken. They're not worth it...I get better samples thru here anyway.

alatina99
07-25-2003, 08:12 AM
im still bitter............. lol

meli2sa
08-08-2003, 09:45 AM
Just look at the junk that they are offering for prizes now! They are out of all of it also! I feel cheated!