PDA

View Full Version : Houston Area people

CHERNL
07-21-2003, 01:56 PM
I e-mailed the program directors of 4 Houston area radio stations asking them about carrying the Dr. Demento show, and recieved this reply from Johnny Chiang at the POINT.

i remember dr. demento from kroq in los angeles....i listened to him when i was a kid. i'll look into carrying his show on our station.

thanks for the input cheralyn!

Johnny Chiang
Program Director
KHPT-FM Houston
106.9 The Point...Best of the 80's and More!

I wondered if anyone else in the area would be interested in e-mailing him or writing to the station and requesting them to carry Dr. Demento.

Right now it is not available anywhere near here, and I actually had people at the last Weird Al concert tell me that he no longer did the show, which I knew to be false; but they wouldn't believe me. Since I had heard it 4 days before I knew better. But I miss it SOOOOOOOO much; it had been my Sunday night plan since 1979.

Please, take a minute and drop him a line, his name @cox.com. Maybe we can get the good Dr. back on the air in Houston.

Captorquewrench's thread about Narnia/Shel Silverstein got me thinking about this thread; if it is inappropriate, mods, PLMK.

ckerr4
07-21-2003, 03:54 PM
They still play it on Amarillo College's FM90, I believe. That is the one thing I miss about living in Amarillo, is that radio statio. The absolute best college radio station in the country (and they have the awards to prove it, lol). They had Dr. Demento on every Sat. morning, I believe. Good luck in your quest!

captorquewrench
07-22-2003, 07:26 AM
z107 used to play dr demento. then they went off the air and became ZROCK fed in from dallas. then they were khtk or something like that a good christian talk station...then they became the buzz, the buzz has since switched dial spots with oldies........HELPPPPPP!!!!!!! Z107 was the best of the classic rock stations in town, or anywhere else i had been....but the arrow isnt too shabby either. Anyway, someone else broadcast Dr Demento for a short while after Z107 went off the air but it went away fast. I'd love to hear him again on the air. PM me that email address to make sure i get it right, and I will send a message to the point. I just hope they get the point, like all their ads ask if we have. LOL.