PDA

View Full Version : why why why?!?!

WWiREMAN
07-19-2003, 05:53 PM
Why is it that you have to be 16 yrs old to work at most jobs!?!?

I am not 16 and I cant get a job ANYWHERE!!!

Any suggestions?

Tasha405
07-19-2003, 06:01 PM
Well I read your signature and it says..

"I currently make about $400-500 a WEEK off just these sites alone"

If you are making that much from them why do you need another job?

cpbaby
07-19-2003, 06:06 PM
How old ARE you? My son is 14 and can work at McDonalds or the local grocery stores. Of course we live in KY but I think thats a Federal age limit.

WWiREMAN
07-19-2003, 06:07 PM
Because that goes into a savings account for college, car, and insurance, and some of it goes to my parents.

I need spending money, my parents do not let me use the money I make from those programs, even though its MY money b/c I started the programs.

Also, I want a job, I need to learn what its like to work an 8 hour day, ya know? my parents want me to get a job as well.

My friend said go to restaurants but that hasnt worked either.

Where else can I look?

magenta
07-19-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Tasha405
Well I read your signature and it says..

"I currently make about $400-500 a WEEK off just these sites alone"

If you are making that much from them why do you need another job?

I was thinking the same thing!

Have you tried delivering papers? Bagging groceries?

Tasha405
07-19-2003, 06:09 PM
oh ok, how about mowing some yards?

WWiREMAN
07-19-2003, 06:09 PM
I am 15 years old. The local supermarket (stop&shop) requires that you are at LEAST 16 years of age to work there.

Ive tried McDonalds, and they ALSO say 16, BurgerKing too!

I live in Rhode Island, I am guessing the age limits are different than KY.

WWiREMAN
07-19-2003, 06:11 PM
Ive tried going door-to-door mowing lawns, people either arent home, dont want me too, or do it themselves. Well, there is one lawn I get to mow, my neighbors lawn, but it isnt very big and he only gives me $10 to do it, I mow it once a week.

Paper Route, hmmm...
Ive never tried that, but I dont know where to go to apply for it, i'll read up on that and find out.

well, thats one plan, thanks!

ckerr4
07-19-2003, 06:14 PM
Do you have any amusement parks near you - they usually hire seasonal help at 15. Ballparks too - in the concession area. That's where I worked when I was 14 and 15. Slinging nachos, lol.

clixter40
07-19-2003, 06:15 PM
You do realize that you have to be 18 years old to join the programs you are spamming.

WWiREMAN
07-19-2003, 06:16 PM
no, unfortunately there is no amusement parks around here, nor ballparks that are in range to work at. But I wish there was, sounds like a fun job!

WWiREMAN
07-19-2003, 06:19 PM
First of all, I am not spamming, secondly, your post was completely OFF TOPIC, so please do not post useless comments here, I am trying to get help find a job and third, READ THE PRIVACY POLICY, I HAVE MY PARENTS CONSENT ON THOSE WEBSITES!

Edited..... be nice to other users.... READ the RULES

TECH

Ambrianna
07-19-2003, 06:23 PM
Wwireman,

I always thought the age for working was 16. I've heard some places some as young as 15, but I don't think anyone should be working before they're 16. Just my opinion.

You can't have all those referral links in your signature. I know you don't feel like reading the rules, but that's against the rules. (It's kinda the polite thing to read rules wherever you go. :)) It's considered spamming for referrals.

As far as paper route - start with calling your major area paper? Then see if your area has smaller type papers - the community ones. Just about every city I've lived in has local area papers.

How about dog-walking? Folks in your area might have dogs that could be walked. I see a few folks doing it around me.

I know it's not much, but is there anywhere that pays for recycling aluminum cans? You could save the ones you use for soda (if you drink it) and walk around areas collecting the cans you see laying around.

Can't think of anything too flashy for 15 yr old work. If all else fails, you have less than a year to reach 16.

:)

~ Ambrie ~

Technologist
07-19-2003, 06:25 PM
You're signature is too long, and you are NOT allowed referrals in your SIG.... and I edited out the other comment you made... NO RUDENESS...

Specific rules:

Posting of any form of advertising including: URL's with affiliate codes, referrer tags, tracking numbers or anything which actively benefits you or a website you are affiliated with.

Posting rude or abusive remarks or comments towards other members, administration or moderators of the BigBigSavings Forums.

WWiREMAN
07-19-2003, 06:29 PM
sorry tech, didnt read the rules...

Also, cloverz, I GAURUNTEE you have to be at LEAST 16 to do all that stuff, unfortunately, I will ask some people about that though, because I am not 100% on that.

cpbaby
07-19-2003, 06:33 PM
Here, you only have to be 11 to have a paper route. You have to be 14 to work certain type of jobs, non hazardous like busing tables, sweeping, stockign shelves, and bagging groceries.

Sounds to me like you are more concerned with the reasons you CANT do a job than FINDING a job you CAN do.

Mini
07-19-2003, 06:50 PM
I think you have to be 16 to do jobs like that here too. I would love a job and would have had one a long time ago if I had a ride. Maybe you could help your dad work if he does something simple(i don't know what he does if anything so that one might be off) Maybe a carwash or earn it by doing stuff for your parents and/or relatives.

WWiREMAN
07-19-2003, 06:56 PM
my dad works at a sheetmetal company at which the age requirement is 18 years old.

spongebob
07-19-2003, 07:03 PM
how about your state parks or lakes maybe they need some help..mowing and such..maybe the ymca..

Tasha405
07-19-2003, 07:04 PM
I can't think of anything else for you to do. I guess you're just gonna have to wait until your 16. How much longer would you have to wait?

WWiREMAN
07-19-2003, 07:04 PM
7 months...

:(

Tasha405
07-19-2003, 07:10 PM
well I guess you could kick back and take it easy until then. You'll hate having to work after you start it anyway. LOL As long as you have the other money coming in for college and other things like that, I wouldn't worry about it right now.

Tasha405
07-19-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by cloverz
Do surveys!! I have 175 sites if you want them! Hey, can I have a copy of that list??

Tasha405
07-19-2003, 07:13 PM
:eek: WOW! Thank you so much! :D

julie_angel
07-19-2003, 07:14 PM
I live in Rhode Island. You used to be able to get working papers at the age of about 14 from BVCAP (Blackstone Valley Community action Center). Maybe look into that? I don't know where abouts in RI you are, if you want PM me and I will do some research for you.

totallyduh
07-19-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by WWiREMAN
First of all, I am not spamming, secondly, your post was completely OFF TOPIC, so please do not post useless comments here, I am trying to get help find a job and third, READ THE PRIVACY POLICY, I HAVE MY PARENTS CONSENT ON THOSE WEBSITES!

Edited..... be nice to other users.... READ the RULES

TECH

As the co-owner and manager of TotallyDuh-GetPaid.net, I would like to state that YOU DID NOT ask for permission to join. I have no parent consent from you submitted for approval.

Also your statement of making $400-$500 a week is false. You joined TotallyDuh-GetPaid today and have made 0.00

Your account is closed until I have prior parental consent.

Beckie

Missysmom
07-19-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by cloverz
My neighbor makes a whole living from this place. I have been thinking about it myself.

Official site. SMC Specialty Merchandise Corp offers 3,000 items at below wholesale prices. Make money on the Internet, mail order, home parties, swap meets, etc.
www.onlinesmc.com

Thanks cloverz! This place is close to me. They say on the website you can go there if you want and check it out. Think I will!!

cpbaby
07-19-2003, 07:26 PM
Please be kind as if he were your son too.

No offense meant, but I have a 14 yr old son and he works. He wouldnt be in here whining about needing a job and not being able to find one because of his age. He mows yards, cuts, rakes, and bales hay, works in tobacco when I let him, cleans peoples yards, Cuts out fence rows, fences, works cows.............and the list goes on. I am talking to WWireMan nicer than I would my own son.

clixter40
07-19-2003, 07:27 PM
I got a little curious about the who was calling me a jerk so I looked at your profile and followed your home page link. Your birthday is shown as being October 1, 1980 here:
http://www.wrestlingwire.net/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&find=lastposter&forumid=3

So are you really 15 or just don't have a date for Saturday night?

WWiREMAN
07-19-2003, 07:30 PM
damn people...

I REALLY am 15, I always lie about my age, and I REALLY do need a job, but this thread WAS started so I could get some referrals, but oh well. but I wanted some ideas on other jobs, b/c I currently work at cherrystones as a busboy, and I am looking for another job, I am very sorry... and thanks for those who tried to help!

clixter40
07-19-2003, 07:35 PM
wireman, this is not the forum for referrals. Had you read the rules you would have known that. You came in here trying to spam and scam good people and it backfired a bit. First lesson in getting along with people is don't lie, second lesson is be nice and third and most important is when there are rules posted, read them.

cpbaby
07-19-2003, 07:36 PM
b/c I currently work at cherrystones as a busboy

I thought you said you couldnt get a job at a resturaunt? Sounds like you have one to me.

GhostGrey
07-19-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by WWiREMAN
damn people...

I REALLY am 15, I always lie about my age, and I REALLY do need a job, but this thread WAS started so I could get some referrals, but oh well. but I wanted some ideas on other jobs, b/c I currently work at cherrystones as a busboy, and I am looking for another job, I am very sorry... and thanks for those who tried to help!

To use your wording..

damn, wwireman.

You sign up for a board, you don't feel like reading rules and basically just do as you please, lie, and call a longstanding very nice member a jerk. Maybe it would be a good time to learn some manners first. You can't just go places, in person or on the internet and talk/act however you feel like. You're 15 yrs old, not 5, you should know this.

Dave

Katt
07-19-2003, 07:46 PM
I realize you have stated that you do not feel like reading the rules. However, I don't have time to continue closing, editing, or removing your spam. Your account is now closed.