PDA

View Full Version : My baby has the "Itchies"

mom2cvam
07-18-2003, 12:17 PM
:( She has chicken pox. When she woke up this morning she had a rash on her arms that looked like mosquitos had gotten a hold of her but by this afternoon its spread all over her body and you can tell that its definitely chicken pox. Its no fun trying to keep a 4 year old from scratching. I've put caladryl lotion on to try and ease the itching. Other then the "itchies" she's fine. I'm glad the other kids have already had it. Just before I put another coat of caladryl lotion on she was walking around saying "my butt has itchies now too!" :eek: Poor thing is covered in them! :( Lets hope that she gets over this fast!

okie
07-18-2003, 12:36 PM
Try giving her a bath in oatmeal and baking soda.

tiffany21
07-18-2003, 12:39 PM
oh no I know what you mean my son was so itchit

Kyla Kym
07-18-2003, 03:35 PM
Can you give her Benadryl? And cut her fingernails off as short as you can. If she claws them things off they will leave poc scars. I put socks on my son's hands at night so he wouldn't claw at them in his sleep. Hope she gets better real quick.

mom2cvam
07-18-2003, 03:39 PM
I'm going to try giving her a bath in oatmeal and baking soda and I'll try the benadryl. I never thought of that. Duh, on me. I've already cut her nails. I have plenty of scars from when I was little and had pox and I don't want her to end up like that.
Thanks for all the advice. You guys are great!!:)

jonette5
07-18-2003, 09:12 PM
When my kids had them they were 6 and 3 they had them at same time (thank goodness), if they got too itchy and started scratching we would do the "itchy dance" I probably looked like an idiot but we would all just jump and wiggle and dance all over the house singing silly things we made up as we went along. It took their minds off of the itching for a while. Gave me a good work out too LOL!

PreciousDarlin
07-18-2003, 10:18 PM
Uh Oh....I've never had the chicken pox.....*slowly starts backing up*
I'm too old to have the chicken pox...they could kill me...
*turns and runs from the thread screaming*