PDA

View Full Version : I HATE having NIGHTMARES (this has got to be the worse one yet)

Kyla Kym
07-18-2003, 11:23 AM
Does anyone else have horrible nightmares allot? I had another one last night and for the life of me, I don't know what brought this one on.

One min. I'm dreaming about talking on the phone with my mom, then the next I'm dreaming that I'm one of those woman over there that is all covered in veils. It was like I hopped into her body and could feel her fear. She was in her home with all her family. Lot's of people in a small home. And these men were in there in uniforms waving guns around...everyone was crying......one of the men came up to me and held the gun to my forehead, and I could feel the womans fear....she started begging for her life......It was so awful.....now this is going to bother me for weeks....:( :(

tiffany21
07-18-2003, 11:36 AM
I am sorry hope you stop the nightmares soon. hugs to both of you.

Lisa03
07-18-2003, 11:40 AM
that's a bad nightmare

not sure what kind of meaning it might have

I hope you won't have another one

Quaker_Parrots
07-18-2003, 11:51 AM
No more CNN before bedtime for you!!!!

Seriously, have you been stressed lately? I noticed alot of the time, what I watch on TV before I go to bed, ends up being what I am going to dream about that night

lisahiser
07-18-2003, 12:56 PM
You need to get a Dream Catcher. The last dream/nightmare I had before I got mine, I was going around killing people with this electric wire thing, I would just walk up to random people anywhere, inside, outside, at a park... and whip it out and just watch this wire wrap around their necks and watch them die!!!! and I had no clue nor a reason as to why I was doing this. I woke up sweating and shaking so bad and wondering what the heck was wrong with me! and then after that I got my dream catcher and I haven't had a nightmare since, thank goodness. Lord knows what could have come of that nightmare!

ssshhhh
07-18-2003, 02:01 PM
1st. Thanks *chelle* for that info that you gave on the website. I went there & done my thing: please read: ~*~ Your Dream: I dream of a room full of people that are scared, tired and messy.I'm trying to help them, but I'm running out of space and room. I feel they need to stay in. Danger is outside.

Words like room: Central part of a house. Regarding something important within yourself.

Words like running: No restraint. Freedom. Distance. There is something that you want to escape from.

Words like space: Transcendence. Power. Timeless.Seeking for a spiritual experience.

Words like danger: Unknown fear. Conscious self is protective of others. ~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~ *~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~ lisahiser : Dream catchers worked for my little girl. But not for me... I wish they did. In the dreams that Repeat themselves, I'm trying to protect people from a tornado! I've had 12 repeating dreams in the past 5 months. "Kinda Spookes me!" Any Advise here? Help!:(

ladybreaker
07-18-2003, 02:33 PM
sshhhhhhhh.........when my husband dreams of tornado's--someone in his family dies.it is really scary for all of us!!

Kyla Kym
07-18-2003, 03:26 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice. I will try it all. I'm use to having bad dreams. I have to much time alone to think about thinks I think is why I dream so much. But this one was different, I have never dreamed before that I entered someone else's body. The dreams in the past have always been me in them. It was still me, but in someone else's body. The fear she felt was over whelming. I never felt fear like that before in my life.

I'm enjoying reading about yall's nightmares as well. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that has super freaky dreams. LOL :D

One that I use to have all the time was being trapped in my house and I could see a killer break in to my home but I was hidden and If I didn't jump out he would kill my husband or my son in the next rooms. I use to wake up in a sweat over that one. I would be scared to jump out knowing I would be shot, but if I didn't jump out he would kill my family.

And when I was growing up, I use to dream allot about this 2 story old timely home. It was normal family type dreams. I was a part of this family that I didn't know in real life, but in my dreams I knew these people as my family. This went on for years until one day when my boyfriend and I was just driving around in Texarkana and we came to a stop sign. I just happen to look over to the side and there set that house that had always been in my dreams. I knew it was the min. I saw it. It appeared to be abandoned, but I some how knew that was the house. I have never had that dream since.

mom2cvam
07-18-2003, 03:45 PM
I hope that you stop having nightmares soon! I'd be scared too!

I dream alot about living during a certain time and the same people are always there. Someone told me that it could be that it was one of my previous lives. I don't know ... maybe it was. :confused:

((((hugs))))

Tasha405
07-18-2003, 04:00 PM
I started having bad nightmares after 9-11 & then again after the war started. I had to just quit watching the news. I was driving myself crazy trying to keep up with everything and thinking about everything that was going on.

I have started having them again from time to time since I got pregnant. I think it may be the hormones or something this time though. lol

SaraSmiles
07-18-2003, 07:37 PM
My other half has a horrible dream a couple nights ago. I thought, he was hurt. He was crying then screaming. I could not wake him up.
He was dreaming his youngest son was bleeding from his heart. :eek:
I rarely dream, thank goodness. I know, we dream of our fears.

ssshhhh
07-19-2003, 12:18 PM
:confused: I just read earlier today that eating certain foods b/4 bedtime will cause "wild dreams/nightmares" any spicey foods, banana's, or chocolate candy. {'I said to myself': "Huummmmm!" } [[......when my husband dreams of tornado's--someone in his family dies.it is really scary for all of us!!]] "Now I'm Scared!":(

ssshhhh
07-19-2003, 12:28 PM
"What The Heck would you Do If You See Something In Broad Daylight? - Like a Tornado coming right at you.. Yet you know it is not really there?! We were on our way home from Church, and it was beautiful outside. I am not weird, it's just that I hate seeing 'visions' if thats what it is called. "I just stopped the car and was looking right at it. When I glanced at my little one, Then back at the Tornado...It Was Gone! Has anyone here experienced anything this "CRAZY"? I was wearing my glasses. I'm not on perscription, I don't drink, there's no logical in this for me. My question, "Has God got something to do with this?" Had any of you ever went through something you "just" cannot explain?" :eek:

schsa
07-19-2003, 01:36 PM
I might prefer a nightmare over some of the dreams that I have that are so vivid that I can't tell if it was real or fantasy. I still have a problem remembering that my sister and her husband are happily married because I had a dream where they were divorced and I still have to remind myself that it isn't true.

The other repeat dream has to do with moving. I am with my parents and we are moving again, and again and again. I am so tired of these half together houses with endless room and the movers are on their way and nothing is packed ready to go. That is a real nightmare.

Widgetsx3
07-20-2003, 12:27 AM
One that I use to have all the time was being trapped in my house and I could see a killer break in to my home but I was hidden and If I didn't jump out he would kill my husband or my son in the next rooms. I use to wake up in a sweat over that one. I would be scared to jump out knowing I would be shot, but if I didn't jump out he would kill my family.
This dream sounds like you are trying to protect your family at all costs, including at the expense of your own life. Dreaming about it to this extent may mean that you feel that you are losing a part of yourself in doing so much for them in your waking life.

As for the first one, I would agree that maybe you should cut out some of the news. You seem to be intuned to the pain of others and are projecting some of what you see on TV into your subconscious.

I have one reoccuring dream that I have had since childhood, it only happens the night before Halloween, and goes just a bit further each year.

mesue
07-20-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by lisahiser
You need to get a Dream Catcher. The last dream/nightmare I had before I got mine, I was going around killing people with this electric wire thing, I would just walk up to random people anywhere, inside, outside, at a park... and whip it out and just watch this wire wrap around their necks and watch them die!!!! and I had no clue nor a reason as to why I was doing this. I woke up sweating and shaking so bad and wondering what the heck was wrong with me! and then after that I got my dream catcher and I haven't had a nightmare since, thank goodness. Lord knows what could have come of that nightmare!

Just curious were these dreams going on at a time where you were in a situation that you could not really express your anger, to do so would cost you dearly. I've always heard that dreams were the mind working out the days problems and so to me that sounds like a woman full of rage and anger that she could not express on in the real world so your mind allowed you an outlet to express this anger that was probably a real threat to your health.

mesue
07-21-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by *chelle*
has anyone had a Nightmare come true? i haven't so far

Well I'm terrified that one of mine will, I don't usually recall my dreams as a child they were so bad I prayed not to remember them and so its very few I recall, this one dream I had in 1986, I dreamed about a house we used to live in as a matter of fact we had built this house with our own two hands, in the dream I lived once again in this house, I am in bed and I am alone, I hear something and get up to investigate, I am not afraid as I really don't think its anything other than a cat. As I get up slip into a pair of cutoff jeans that are on the floor where I had taken them off earlier (even in my dreams I am a bad housekeeper)I turn to go upstairs but then decide to look into the guest room I've just finished decorating, I smile and think to myself right choice on the bedspread and go on up the steps when I get there I flip on the lights and go from room to room finally going into the living room which has glass doors to the back porch and flipping on the light outside I see a cat run off the porch, so I figure I am right. Now my kitchen is completely open to the rest of the house and I can clearly see no one is there and I am thirsty so I go into the kitchen as I get there I stop all weirded out and this is where the dream gets weird I just stop and stare at the refrigerator its the weirdest ugliest color for a fridge (remember this dream took place in the 80's appliances are harvest gold and avocado green, deep brown or red) I've ever seen, now I know that color as almond, this is so unexpected it stops me in the middle of the dream and then I continue toward the sink to get my water, I get the glass beside the sink I had left there earlier and fill it full of water and then turn and as I turn I see him hiding between the panty and the fridge he is white headed, has a flat top like hair cut is over 6 feet tall and is wearing a black leather jacket, he grabs me we struggle he has a knife, I have a strong sense that I am not going to live and then I wake up! Now forward to now through circumstances beyond our control we got the house back its former owners had remodeled the entire upstairs to exactly like my dream and when we bought a new refrigerator I had forgotten about the dream one day several years ago I am working in the kitchen and turn to the fridge and stop cold in my tracks for in that instant I recall that dream and staring at the fridge its odd color of almond just like the one in this same kitchen right now. I feel the fridge was a clue, as was the bluejean cutoffs it has to be hot like July or Augest for me to wear those late at night and then there is the just done guest bedroom. I expect to do it soon this year or next year. Can you blame me for putting it off and since the dream I refuse to wear blue jean cutoffs though their my favorite shorts. Oh yeah one of my hubbies future projects is to turn the closet that holds the breaker electrical box into a pantry which is right beside the fridge.

ssshhhh
07-21-2003, 04:13 PM
has anyone had a Nightmare come true? i haven't so far ~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Not a nightmare, But i have had several dreams that later came true. Like this old house we're living in "Now" .. When I was driving around in the country {1998} I see a house that is identical to one that i had drew pictures of years ago that was in a dream {Recurring dreams}- It is almost spooky because I told the Real Estate Guy about the crack in the Basement wall,the stair case not having a banister, and the water damage on the cabinets under the kitchen sink - and we had never been inside the house.Yet I told him the lay out of the whole house..Except for one part, In the dreams there were 2 closets & when this house was built in 1935 there weren't closets. This fall, we are putting in those 2 closets because i told ed that there were 2 empty spaces behind some walls...I dream of them being there, and each room is 10 X 12. Am I wierd Michelle or what? LOL

Willow
07-21-2003, 04:16 PM
That's awful. I hope you're feeling better. The last time I had a bad dream was a couple of weeks ago when I watched Hannibal.

Kyla Kym
07-22-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by *chelle*
not only do i have nightmares but seems like im
living one also :(
((((((*chelle*))))))) I hope things get better for you.:(