PDA

View Full Version : My kitty lost his teeth

tiffany21
07-18-2003, 07:36 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p3887980327f38c292aa32b54c4eb9a51/fba7918a.jpg

this is my baby he is almost 15 years old he lost his front teeth :( we have him on only soft food for him. other then his teeth he is prety healthy and lovable.

katzenberg
07-18-2003, 08:14 AM
hes really cute

redrig
07-18-2003, 08:44 AM
oh, poor thing, but at least he's healthy and he can still eat. He's a handsome boy!

tiffany21
07-18-2003, 08:48 AM
thank you all he is my baby my mom rescued him from the pound and she gave hime to me :D took a lot of time and love to get him to trust me but now he is a grate cat. :D

mlathroum
07-18-2003, 08:51 AM
My Brothers dog did that when he got older. Lost most of his teeth before he passed away at 16 years old. We put him on soft food and he did fine.

tiffany21
07-18-2003, 08:56 AM
ya we put him on soft food we want to keep him around as long as we can :D when he get's to bad we will put him to sleep he has arthrits in his back legs but he is still walking. he give a little asperin for the pain. the vet will see him next week to check him out. I can't lose my guy kitty :rolleyes:

schsa
07-18-2003, 09:20 AM
That's why dentists are now willing to clean your animals teeth just like humans. Cats and dogs loose their teeth because they are covered in plaque. If you can get your animal's teeth cleaned when they are younger they will last until old age.

tiffany21
07-18-2003, 09:56 AM
I keep my cats teeth clean I brush all my cats teeth and I have 7. this cat is 15 years old. but I still love him. and all my kitties they are spoiled rotten :D

and schsa thank you for tellin me everyone needs to know you have to keep your pets teet clean :D

SaraSmiles
07-18-2003, 10:01 AM
I know, i didnt know about the teeth brushing. :o I am just glad i do now. My yorkie has terrible plague, it was so awful thinking, i could have prevented that from happening. She passed in March. :(
Now, we took in a abused dog named Maggie and the feral kitty that loves me know, i am unsure of her name.
Your kitty is so cute same color as my kitty. U r so lucky to have him for so long. :)

Willow
07-18-2003, 10:25 AM
We got a kitten last November and when I took her for her shots and to be spade my vet told me to get the special toothpaste that they make for cats and brush her teeth everyday. He also siad that at some point he may need to clean them in his office. I guess cats especially have a problem with plaque.

tiffany21
07-18-2003, 10:29 AM
casper is so cute can I bring him home :D ya my kittie is doing good and we feel lucky he is lived so long :D he is so special to us he is my protector :D he sleeps right above my head on his own pillow :D all 7 of our cats have thier own pillows :D

a12100
07-18-2003, 10:29 AM
I dont have cats anymore, but I know when I had kittens they would loose their teeth all the time. Vet told me it was normal just like humans make room for big teeth. I would find them in toys, like ropes and rubber mice... I saved a few from my favorite kittys but eventually they get lost..

NoFoolPrice
07-19-2003, 07:52 AM
My old gal started losing her teeth at 16. She passed on at 19, so the last few years she only ate soft food, which she preferred anyway. Of course, I would rather she had kept her teeth, but not having them didn't seem to be a big problem. She wasn't in pain until the last couple of days, so I had her put to sleep when I knew she was ready to go. It will be a year ago this Wednesday, and would you believe I still cry over her? She shared my pillow for all those years. Your kitty is a real cutie, you must be taking good care of him for him to be around at 16. I hope you have him for many more years.

NoFoolPrice
07-19-2003, 10:50 AM
Oh Raven, your pics and poem had tears running down my face. Ginger reminds me of my Tara, I love that red in their coats! I remember you saying that Ginger had passed on, 23 years is so long to have a kitty. What a wonderful life Ginger must have had, I know she was certainly well loved. I guess you don't ever find closure. My Tara is buried under my lemon tree, it still hurts when I go to clean the leaves off and dust off her little cross. I keep swearing I am going to get another kitty. I came close to it on my bday in April, but finally chickened out. Then we had a feral cat have kittens in my shed recently, but they just got too wild too fast to keep any. I held a kitty the other day for the first time since Tara and I thought my heart was going to melt. I guess I am just not ready yet. My big old chow dog is getting on in years too, almost 13 and really showing his age. I think he knows he won't be here too much longer to protect me, I can't even go to the bathroom without him following me. I've been blessed with wonderful pets, and I don't know if I could ever bear adopting more and losing them.

tiffany21
07-19-2003, 11:42 AM
raven I love the kitties. my vet said our cat is 16 years old :rolleyes: and he said other then the arthritas he is doing well. he gave him meds for the arthritis