PDA

View Full Version : ughhhhhh

tljohn123
07-18-2003, 06:52 AM
I just starting taking glucophage about 3 weeks ago. Every two weeks I have to up my dosage until I am at 3 pills a day. This is making me sick, which is one of the side effects of the drug. I tell ya...there's nothing like getting up at 11 pm to throw up. And going to the bathroom every 1/2 hour. Now that's fun too. I feel so awful, and I'm stuck at work. So send happy thoughts my way!

FireFox1973
07-18-2003, 07:06 AM
(((((tljohn123)))))

Maybe avandia would be better? Hope you feel better!

squirt
07-18-2003, 07:15 AM
:cool: :)
:( first I don't know what the medicine is for, but if it makes you sick it must really be yukky
:cool: here id somthing to show you are a cool chick
:) here are your smiles :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;):D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
hang in there!!!!
have a good day

tiffany21
07-18-2003, 07:21 AM
I am sorry hope you feel better soon.

Kelsey1224
07-18-2003, 08:31 AM
I'm on glucaphage...we are adding another pill today (Avandia) to see if it helps. While my sugar is hardly off the charts...it is still higher than it should be and not coming down.

I've had the whole bowel problem for months. I thought it was stress...but it could be the meds.

Luckily I never got the nausea. Or maybe I wish I did...that would help with losing the weight I should be losing...LOL!

tljohn123
07-18-2003, 09:20 AM
well see the thing is, i'm not diabetic! I took a glucose tolerance test about a month ago, and blood level was still kind of high (121, normal is under 100 from what i was told) but the insulin level shot right up to 68!!! (normal is under 9 think). I was told that this problem had something to do with the cysts I have and this drug should bring everything under control. I'm supposed to be going back on the 28th for a recheck, but I'm going to have to r/s because of my job. Interesting side not....my mom is also on glucophage, but she IS diabetic! Hmmmm.....

Thanks for your support gang...y'all are AWESOME

schsa
07-18-2003, 09:27 AM
Be really careful with your diet. I was doing the same things when I started on glucophage. It did pass after a couple of weeks but I still have to be careful about what I put in my mouth. I use Avandia along with the Glucophage (my doctor recommended it) and my blood sugar regardless of what I eat runs between 90 and 110. The only time it goes higher is when I have been eating watermelon or anything else that has a high sugar content.

The Avendia is suppose to help stop the diabetes process. As far as I can see, it's working well. Keep some sort of hard candy with you at all times. About the time you start to adjust your diet, you might find your blood sugar starts to drop. Mines tends to do this late in the afternoon so I always have peppermints with me.

It does get better it just takes that wonderful period of adjustment. And watch what you eat. The higher the carb count the worse you are going to feel.

Kelsey1224
07-18-2003, 09:42 AM
schsa...thanks for that information. As I said...the doctor just added Avandia today. I will see what happens.

The other thing...because of the recent upheaval in my life with selling our old house...moving into new, etc...I havent gone to the doctor in several months. He really got down on me for that! He said that he wants to see me weekly until my sugar is under control.

I was properly chastized and will be following doctor's orders!

tljohn123
07-18-2003, 11:40 AM
oh wow! no wonder i have been feeling like crap! I didn't realize the carbs would do anything...but I should have realized. I think when I go in again, I'm going to ask the doc about Avandia (??) Maybe that will help too.