PDA

View Full Version : Ebay vent Why do people do this?? Very Long!!

a12100
07-16-2003, 01:50 PM
I had an auction that ended over 2 weeks ago and the lady sent a credit card paypal payment shortly after. My auction is VERY clear that I do not take credit card payments. I denied this lady's payment and then asked that she pay another way, either with an e-check, current paypal funds, or a money order. No responce from her at all. Last friday I emailed her and asked to be updated on the status of the payment. That was 13 days after the auction ended. She sends an email back to me saying that she hadn't had time to get the money order and would be sending it as soon as she could. My auction terms say that I am to receive payments by paypal within 2 days, or money orders within 1 week. Now I am very loose on this because I know that things come up. But to not even contact me and let me know before I contacted her, this made me mad. 2 days later (sunday) I told her that I would need to receive the payment by this comming saturday or I would relist the auction. I figured that with everything else she would have at least had the weekend to get the money order after I had contacted her about it. So this morning I get up and check my email and she sends me an email saying she has changed her mind and dosen't want my item anymore. No explination or anything just that little sentence. I worte her back and stated that I would be filling a non-paying bidder, final value fee credit, and negative feedback. So I did, my complaint on her feedback said - "non-paying bidder, 2 weeks no payment, then says Sorry I don't want it anymore" So of course she gave me a negative - Unclear in payment, Says accepts paypal but later doesnt, i wont waste my time. Now I responded to the feedback she left me, but I still can't stand it.

After 2 weeks I don't think it would be hard to get a money order or even send cash. The auction was only for $10. Even if this lady was disabled or had problems getting into town (like they live 50 miles away and only go once a month) She could have just explained... I don't know this just pi$$es me off that people wait so long.

I had another lady bid on an auction same day it ended... 2 weeks no attempt to make payment, finally filled a non paying bidder warning and she sends a credit card that day and says she was on vacation... Well I denied her payment also and have heard nothing back from her.

Ugh, thanks for reading!!

thepres00
07-16-2003, 02:04 PM
I think you should start taking credit cards. Looks like you would have been paid both times if you did...JMHO

a12100
07-16-2003, 02:07 PM
Yeah I know not everyone reads the little paragraph on shipping terms and payment info. Thats why in my actual description of the auctions I put in Big Bold letters I DO NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS, you would have to be blind to not see it, I am serious... I also say to please read payment instructions in bold. But your right Zitra, some people just dont care or dont read it...

Originally posted by thepres00
I think you should start taking credit cards. Looks like you would have been paid both times if you did...JMHO

I used to take credit cards, but the fees are so outrageous, that paypal was making so much $$ off of my payments it was crazy... plus Ebay owns paypal so they were getting paid three times... (1 listing fees at least 45 cents, 2 auction final value... price range anywhere, and 3 paypal fees) Plus once I started to take credit cards no one used them... The i tried to have 2 accounts, but people would get confused and it was more of a hassel....

a12100
07-16-2003, 02:11 PM
Or I could start saying that paypal payments will be charged an extra $3 fee to cover fees... but who would bid?? I know I wouldn't.

harloo
07-16-2003, 02:50 PM
Im in this type of debacle right now. I have a premier and a personal account and I'm sick of buyers not reading the terms. I specifically state in the auction I do not accept cc for a certain auction and they still do it. But I'm starting to think it's because ebay sends them an email with the paypal credit card logos in the email telling them to pay now.

i like selling on ebay, but I think they are so greedy. The customer service is shot, and you will be on your own if something goes wrong. It's so hard to get any help from them. And I think I'm gonna downgrade my account because I'm tired of accepting credit card payments where they can take 3 or 4 dollars out everytime I make a good sale. they already want 5% plus listing fees.

a12100
07-16-2003, 02:55 PM
I wrote to paypal & ebay about having a choice to show the mini credit cards in the auction and on the emails.... but you know they wont change it... thats how they make their money..

harloo
07-16-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by a12100
I wrote to paypal & ebay about having a choice to show the mini credit cards in the auction and on the emails.... but you know they wont change it... thats how they make their money.

You can take the credit card logo out of your auction. I think you have to look in preferences or profile or something like like in paypal and they will give you an option to take it out of all your auctions. I haven't had any luck with the emails.

tn2h2
07-17-2003, 04:39 AM
I started selling on ebay in 1995 just to get rid of stuff before a move. I continued to sell until last year. It was very rare to get a non paying bidder. The last time I listed five items and 3 were non paying. I got very discouraged and I quit for a while because of this and the fees being so high that I could not make very much on the smaller items I sell. Its really a shame because I had such fun looking for stuff at yard sales and junk stores doing the research on antique items and selling on ebay. Anne:eek:

jennirv4967
07-17-2003, 08:19 AM
Do your auctions say you won't take credit cards, or do they say you won't take credit card transactions via paypal? that might be part of the problem...they're thinking, I'm not paying by credit card, I'm paying by paypal.

a12100
07-17-2003, 10:14 AM
They say I do not accept credit card payments or bank cards via paypal.

KarlaJorge
07-17-2003, 03:31 PM
Ask me? I think 90% of buyers don't read all the description and even less the payment instruction.

:rolleyes:

aerofx
07-18-2003, 01:30 AM
Oh my god- I totally know what you are talking about. For one, 90% of the people who pay me with Paypal do not read my terms or just ignore them, which specifically state that I cannot accept credit card funded payments because I only have a Personal Paypal account. Secondly, while I have mostly had good luck on ebay, there was a couple of instances where I had to deal with complete a**es. One guy bid on my item, said he would pay... a couple days later he tells me he sees the video game in a store for cheaper and asks if I would drop my price to match the one in the store! I'm thinking- hello!!!! You bid on the item & you expect me to price match? Why the he!! does someone bid on something if they're just going to shop around for a cheaper price. Then the jerk tells me he won't pay me unless I match that price because then he will be getting ripped off. I was so pissed off- how can u get ripped off if you're the one that bid? And in another instance I bought some stuff for my parents and half the crap didn't work. So I e-mail the guy & he's annoyed that he has to spend time to fix this sale. And get this- the guy tells me (thru AIM) that if I expected everything to come with a guarantee I shouldn't have bought them. I was thinking- hello shouldn't the items at least WORK? Geez- there are some real losers on ebay- I just hope I don't run into too many more of 'em.