PDA

View Full Version : Is this YOU??????

lexilou
07-16-2003, 11:52 AM
I am lexi's mom and I am MAD!

Why would you send these to my daughter, and then tell her to *SMILE*!

You are one sick man!!!

How do I contact the people who own this site???????

If you recognize it then it is yours!!!!!

Link Removed

Do Not Post inappropriate material, or links to such material on this board:

I understand that you are upset by your daughter receiving such a link, but by posting it here you expose others, like your daughter, to the same type of thing.

mrs.john
07-16-2003, 11:58 AM
OMG! I hope you get it taken care of. I'm not sure how you can contact the site. I'm sure someone here cam help you.

cch
07-16-2003, 12:00 PM
How do you know that the person that sent her those pictures was on this forum? She said last night she was chatting on yahoo with her buds or whatever, maybe it was someone there that sent her those pictures. When I brought up the album I was shocked! There is NO reason for you to go ahead and post those for others to see AND the album they are in are listed as lesilouky's gallery.

lexilou
07-16-2003, 12:02 PM
Because I told her to save the darn things. I am just sick. They were sent to her email. How do I get her email off here?????

lexilou
07-16-2003, 12:03 PM
I am sorry about the pictures, but I am just mad. I am shaking.

jcw
07-16-2003, 12:05 PM
I was shocked when I looked also. Hope the mods removed the link before any of the young ones saw it. I understand a mother being mad about someone sending those to their daughter BUT a link to them should not have been posted here for other children to see.I sure hope it wasn't anyone at bigbig that sent them to her

cch
07-16-2003, 12:06 PM
The ONLY way for someone to get her email is for HER to give it to them. Email addresses are NOT viewable from profiles! And unfortunately YES there were children who saw those pictures, I have a 7 y/o next to me and a 4 y/o on my lap.

Date Registered: 07-15-2003
Total Posts: 37 (37 posts per day)
Last Post: 07-16-2003 02:03 PM
Is this YOU??????
Contact lexilou: Emailing of User Disabled (Privay Concern)
Private Messaging Currently Disabled
Click here to add lexilou to your buddy list
Homepage:
ICQ Number:
AOL Instant Messenger Handle:
Yahoo Instant Messenger Handle: lexilouKY
Referrals 0
Birthday January 1, 1987
Biography
Location KY
Interests any sports, free things since I have just got my first car.
Occupation I am a junior in high school, but work p/t at sonic as a carhop

spongebob
07-16-2003, 12:09 PM
we all understand how you feel.. and there are other kids on this board also besides your daughter.. to get her e-mail off so know one knows what it is..she will have to edit her profile or option its one of the to..

sorry

okay sorry guess you can't do it from there we all must of been posting at the same time

Wimzik
07-16-2003, 12:09 PM
I think she gave her email in a post she made yesterday.

I'm sorry this happened, that is really sick!:mad:

jcw
07-16-2003, 12:14 PM
you can edit her post to remove her email address. Maybe the header on the email she received will show you who she got them from.

lexilou
07-16-2003, 12:16 PM
again I am so sorry if any children seen those pics. How do I find the posts that have her email in them?????????
Never mind I don't even know what I am typing.

CCH I resent your accusation. I know the other person said she gave it to them, but Lexi said to be friendly not to receive such crap.

I think it be best if Lexi doesn't come here anymore. I am almost crying. Why would someone do this?????

jcw
07-16-2003, 12:19 PM
under your post it says search click on that and it will bring up all her posts go to the one with her email address in it click to edit remove her address and click to save changes. Hope that helps . I am really sorry she received that crap

lexilou
07-16-2003, 12:25 PM
Thank you to the person who told me how to get her email off here.

I can't believe she put it up there like that!!!

OX_Love_OX
07-16-2003, 12:28 PM
I have girls who are 13 and 10 and I won't allow them to have an e-mail address, or IM, or to chat specifically because there are just way too many foul people online. The girls don't miss having those things because I never allowed it from the beginning. Sorry this happened to you. (I didn't see the pics you posted but I can imagine from the replys they were pretty awful)

cch
07-16-2003, 12:29 PM
Just out of curiosity why is your 16 y/o child allowed to be on the internet unsupervised?

I just came from a post where someone is asking for help because a friends daughter ran off to Wales to meet some man from the net she'd only known a month and a half... http://forums.bigbigsavings.com/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=320728

People have to protect their children, you never know what kind of psychos are out there.

lexilou
07-16-2003, 12:30 PM
I did NOT save that email. I didn't think I would want to. I am in the process of deleting the pictures as well!!!!!!

The only thing I can remember is happytrails something. I don't know I was so shocked until the maddness set in.

I did report it to my internet provider. Will that do any good?

jcw
07-16-2003, 12:33 PM
Glad you were able to get the email off here. You might want to block that addy from her email so maybe nothing else will come through.

Victorious
07-16-2003, 12:33 PM
Lexi's mom, you might want to check out her other post she seems to be looking for new friends.

The sad thing is the interent is not alway a safe place for kids/teenagers to be

I think this sums it up... LT was searching for this yesterday.

Shannon could hear the footsteps behind her as she walked toward home. The thought of being followed made her heart beat faster. "You're being silly," she told herself, "no one is following you." To be safe she began to walk faster, but the footsteps kept up with her pace. She was afraid to look back and she was glad she was almost home. Shannon said a quick prayer, "God please get me home safe." She saw the porch light burning and ran the rest of the way to her house.
Once inside she leaned against the door for a moment, relieved to be in the safety of her home. She glanced out the window to see if anyone was there. The sidewalk was empty. After tossing her books on the sofa she decided to grab a snack and get on line. There she could talk to strangers without being afraid. After all, no one knew who she really was and couldn't hurt her. She logged on under her screen name "ByAngel213". Checking her Buddy List she saw GoTo123 was on. She sent him an instant message:

ByAngel213: Hi I'm glad you are on! I thought someone was following me home today. It was really weird!

GoTo123: LOL You watch too much TV. Why would someone be following you? Don't you live in a safe neighborhood?

ByAngel213: Of course I do... LOL... I guess it was my imagination... cause I didn't see anybody when I looked out.

GoTo123: Unless you gave your name out on line... You haven't done that have you?

ByAngel213: Of course not. I'm not stupid you know.

GoTo123: Did you have a softball game after school today?

ByAngel213: Yes and we won!!

GoTo123: That's great! Who did you play?

ByAngel213: We played the Hornets... LOL..their uniforms are so gross! They look like bees... LOL

GoThere123: What is your team called?

ByAngel213: We are the Canton Cats. We have tiger paws on our uniforms. They are really kewl.

GoTo123: Do you pitch or what?

ByAngel213: No... I play second base. I got to go.. My homework has to be done before my parents get home. I don't want them mad at me...Bye

GoTo123: Catch you later.. Bye

GoTo123 decided it was time to teach Angel a lesson. One she would never forget. He went to the member menu and began to search for her profile. When it came up he highlighted it and printed it out. He took out a pen and began to write down what he knew about Angel so far.

Her name: Shannon. Birthday: Jan. 3, 1985. Age:13. State where she lived: North Carolina. Hobbies: softball, chorus, skating and going to the mall. Besides this information he knew she lived in Canton. She had just told him. He knew she stayed by herself until 6:30 every afternoon until her parents came home from work. He knew she played softball on Thursday afternoons on the school team and the team was named the Canton Cats. Her favorite number 7 was printed on her jersey. He knew she was in the seventh grade at the Canton Junior High School. She had told him all this in the conversations they had on line. He had enough information to find her now.

"She'll be so surprised," he thought, "she doesn't even know what she has done."

Shannon didn't tell her parents about the incident on the way home from the ball park that day. She didn't want them to make a scene and stop her from walking home from the softball games. Parents were always overreacting and hers were the worst. It made her wish she was not an only child. Maybe if she had brothers and sisters her parents wouldn't be so overprotective.

By Thursday Shannon had forgotten about the footsteps following her. Her game was in full swing when suddenly she felt someone staring at her. It was then that the memory came back. She glanced up from her second base position to see a man watching her closely. He was leaning against the fence behind first base and he smiled when she looked at him. He didn't look scary and she quickly dismissed the fear she had felt.

After the game he sat on a bleacher while she talked to the coach. She noticed his smile once again as she walked past him. He nodded and she smiled back. He noticed her name on back of the shirt. He knew he had found her. Quietly he walked a safe distance behind her. He didn't want to frighten her and have to explain what he was doing to anyone.

It was only a few blocks to Shannon's home and once he saw where she lived he quickly returned to the park to get his car. Now he had to wait. He decided to get a bite to eat until the time came to go to Shannon's house. He drove to a fast food restaurant and sat there until time to make his move.

Shannon was in her room later that evening when she heard voices in the living room. Shannon, come here," her father called. He sounded upset and she couldn't imagine why. She went into the room to see the man from the ballpark sitting on the sofa. "Sit down," her father began, "this man is a policeman and he has just told us a most interesting story about you."

Shannon moved cautiously to a chair across from the man. How could he tell her parents anything? She had never seen him before today!

"Do you know who I am Shannon?" The man asked.

"No..." Shannon answered

. "I am your on line friend, GoTo123."

Shannon was stunned. "That's impossible! GoTo is a kid my age! He's 14 and he lives in Michigan!"

The man smiled. "I know I told you all that... but it wasn't true. You see, Shannon, there are people on line who pretend to be kids; I was one of them. But while others do it to find kids and hurt them, I belong to a group of parents who do it to protect kids from predators. I came here to find you to teach you how dangerous it is to give out too much information to people online. You told me enough about yourself to make it easy for me to find you. Your name, the school you went to, the name of your ball team and the position you played. The number and name on your jersey just made finding you a breeze."

Shannon was stunned. "You mean you don't live in Michigan?"

He laughed. "No, I live in Raleigh. It made you feel safe to think I was so far away, didn't it?" She nodded. "I had a friend whose daughter was like you. Only she wasn't as lucky. The guy found her and murdered her while she was home alone. Kids are taught not to tell anyone when they are alone, yet they do it all the time on line. The wrong people trick you into giving out information a little here and there online. Before you know it, you have told them enough for them to find you without even realizing you have done it. I hope you've learned a lesson from this and won't do it again."

"I won't," Shannon promised solemnly.

"Will you tell others about this so they will be safe too?"

It's a promise!"

That night Shannon and her dad and Mom all knelt down together and prayed. They thanked God for protecting Shannon from what could have been a tragic situation.

:(

harloo
07-16-2003, 12:37 PM
That's the reality of being on the internet IMO. I get all types of smut sent to my email. Someone even went as far as digging into my medical history sending an email offering me some type of remedy. I was shocked and installed spyware. That's why I always say Monitor your childs activity online, because they don't know that giving out info on message boards, and chatting with people can be dangerous.

I think sometimes the amount of information freebie hunters share to get a freebie is too much. But hey, all for the cost of getting a freebie or deal. I guess you just have to accept it, because someone is always watching you.

And the internet is not safe either, you know whatever you say can be traced and brought back up to bite you in the butt.

Big Brother is watching along with the perves and soliciters. Be careful.

lexilou
07-16-2003, 12:40 PM
I am just so upset I don't know what to think. My daughter is 16. She does stay at home at night for a while because I am a single mother, and I HAVE to work. I don't feel I should have to comment on why my daughter is on the computer unsupervised, but I will. Like I said I have to work. I am raising her alone. I guess I am a bad mother since I have a job and am trying my best.

I am getting off here. Lexi was wrong. I don't think there are many nice people on here at all!

Victorious
07-16-2003, 12:49 PM
(((LExi's mom)))

She is old enough to be by herself you are right! If she learns anything at all I pray that it's that the interent can be dangerous.

:(

jcw
07-16-2003, 12:54 PM
Yes she is old enough to be by herself. Please just remind her to never give out her email,phone,home address,school name or anything where anyone could find her. It really is a good group of people here.We'll try to look out for her if she comes back on here.

mlathroum
07-16-2003, 12:54 PM
I am so sorry someone sent something to your daughter that was nasty. I have to tell you though we are very protective of each other.
We have a few on here that are under 18 years old. Foul Language, Nasty Posts and such are not allowed. The Mods are very quick to get rid of something that even hints at being nasty. They also will Ban someone from the boards for it. This is normally a safe place for your daughter to be. You should feel good about her being here with us. I do understand why you don't though. If you decide to allow her to come back I would just make her understand not to give out her e-mail. I am 35 and I do not post my e-mail address anywhere someone else can read it.

cch
07-16-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by lexilou
My daughter is 16. She does stay at home at night for a while because I am a single mother, and I HAVE to work. I don't feel I should have to comment on why my daughter is on the computer unsupervised, but I will. Like I said I have to work. I am raising her alone. I guess I am a bad mother since I have a job and am trying my best.
No one has said you're a bad mother. And it's simple to keep her off the net without your knowledge change your isp password or password your computer. Take the dang keyboard with you when you leave if you have to, surely you can figure out something!

misterman
07-16-2003, 12:58 PM
I have to say that I know who's pics those were. HE IS A MEMBER HERE!!! And he does send those pics out to any woman that he cahts with......even if she does not ask for them. I KNOW!! I got them too.

cch
07-16-2003, 01:00 PM
Amazing misterman that you registered today and you know so much already about "being a member".

misterman
07-16-2003, 01:01 PM
EDITED

misterman
07-16-2003, 01:02 PM
CCH.....no one was talking to you. How would you feel if your daughter was a member here and had that stuff sent to her??? My daugther was also a member here at one time.

avengelyne
07-16-2003, 01:03 PM
Ok I've been lurking long enough. But, I think this all sounds fishy, no offense no one. But, I can smell it from here. JMO.

Technologist
07-16-2003, 01:04 PM
Ignore misterman... the "recently banned" misterman!!!

cch
07-16-2003, 01:04 PM
It would be MY fault! If she's 16 years old and I'm not watching what she's doing on the computer then it is MY fault! I'd also probably think that I was lucky she was only getting pictures in her email and not watching some pervert jerk off on webcam on yahoo *(where lexilou likes to chat at)*.

P.S. THANK YOU TECH

m.l. geyser
07-16-2003, 01:05 PM
a lesson learned i think:(

Merryg
07-16-2003, 01:07 PM
There's no need to bash Lexilou or her mother. As someone stated, lesson learned. THE BIG POINT is that some sicko is out there and to keep your guard up. Don't be fooled and reeled in to what people say on the internet. JUST KEEP YOUR GUARD UP.

spongebob
07-16-2003, 01:11 PM
if my daughter got that i would be ticked. i would be wanting her password to her e-mail.. my daughter got nasty e-mails. i went into her e-mail and clicked on save all sent and recived e-mails and always deleted it at night..

and there ways you can check on your kids on the net on what sites they are going to..don't remember right off hand i am thinking cookies and your temp folder..

i won't even let my kids go into the chat rooms..

Katt
07-16-2003, 01:12 PM
I think it is very interesting, the results I find when do an ip search on the op. If you are lexi's mom, why not use YOUR account, that is a direct ip match for hers?

I think this thread was made, only to try and cause trouble for a member. ESPECIALLY since the ip match, matches one that has been helping to ag on problems on this board.

cch
07-16-2003, 01:13 PM
I know on private music servers and such there is a way to ban someon by their ip, could you do that here?

avengelyne
07-16-2003, 01:14 PM
I think this thread was made, only to try and cause trouble for a member. ESPECIALLY since the ip match, matches one that has been helping to ag on problems on this board

I agree w/ that