PDA

View Full Version : What kind of floor do you have in your bathroom?

DOOFIS
07-15-2003, 09:14 AM
We had linoleum and then for some reason we put carpet but bf wants to try pergo floor now.

Tasha405
07-15-2003, 09:18 AM
We have carpet. I like not stepping out of the shower onto a cold floor but the carpet in the kids' bathroom is always soaked when they get done. :rolleyes: lol

captorquewrench
07-15-2003, 09:19 AM
partial carpet/linoleum in the master

linoleum in the "public" bathroom

cant go wrong with pergo. good value, looks good, durable, pretty easy to put down if you're going DIY. we helped a friend do their house with it. they did almost the entire house and it looks fantastic.

BeesKnees
07-15-2003, 09:19 AM
Ceramic Tile, white with black accent tiles.

BeesKnees
07-15-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Tasha405
We have carpet. I like not stepping out of the shower onto a cold floor but the carpet in the kids' bathroom is always soaked when they get done. :rolleyes: lol

We tore up the carpet out of our bathroom in the old house. It was full of mold and mildew underneath, and rotted down into the subfloor. Carpet is generally NOT a good idea in bathrooms.

MistyWolf
07-15-2003, 09:27 AM
We bought this house with carpeting in the bathroom and I hate it .. especially with a 3 & 6 year old! I am planning on pulling it out soon and putting down tile. We have a half bath too which I may keep the carpeting in for the time since it isn't used as much as the main bathroom, therefore the floor isn't getting wet!

mugwump
07-15-2003, 09:50 AM
We had carpet for a couple of months ... with three men in the house it had to be removed. Need I say more?

Ditto carpet in the kitchen ... also removed. Too many spills and stains.

CarolinaBlue
07-15-2003, 09:56 AM
Ceramic tile in both bathrooms and carpet in the adjacent dressing room for the main bath.

mlathroum
07-15-2003, 09:57 AM
Ceramic Tile, white with black accent tiles
Yup same here. I can't wait to redo it! It's original to the house which is 50 years old now.

julie_angel
07-15-2003, 09:59 AM
We have teeny-tiny little tiles that were there when we bought the house. We want to change it, just don't know what to change it to so I'm glad you posted this.
I'm gonna risk sounding really stupid, but what is "pergo"?

Maggie02
07-15-2003, 10:12 AM
I have off-white tile.

schsa
07-15-2003, 10:15 AM
Vinyl and I hate it because it's grey/blue. I put a nylon rug over it and sometime next year I am going to re-tile it. I can use the rug because it dries out very quickly but I would rather have white vinyl tiles.

DOOFIS
07-15-2003, 10:16 AM
pergo is that pre finished easy to do yourself hardwood looking floor.

BigLyd1
07-15-2003, 10:17 AM
Well, hubby sets ceramic tile for a living so that tells you what we have a lot of.

belcherpi
07-15-2003, 11:26 AM
I have carpet in the master bathroom. We had carpet in the "public/kids" bathroom but they kept it soaked so we ripped it up and put linoleum down.

brooks45
07-15-2003, 11:27 AM
LOL!! HUBBY JUST BROUGHT ME HOME LAST NIGHT SOME NEW NO WAX LINOLEUM,A BIG ENOUGH PIECE TO RE-DO OUR BATHROOM,,YEP!! YOU GUESSED IT LEFT OVERS FROM THE REMODEL JOB! BUT YOU GUYS SHOULD SEE THIS!! I HAVE SEEN ALL KINDS BUT NOTHING LIKE THIS,,IT HAS TRIPLE LAYER OF PASTEL COLORS OVER LAYED LIKE A ROCK LAYER BUT FLAT (JUST LOOKS LIKE THAT) AND THEN IT HAS STARS ALL OVER LIKE SOMEONE HAD USED A STAMP PRESS TO PUT THE STAR IMPRESSION ON IT!! I HAVE NEVER EVER SEEN LINOLEUM LIKE THIS AND IS IT EVER PRETTY!! I WAS SO EXCITED I HAD TO CALL MY MOM ABOUT IT!! AND LET ME TELL YEAH! I HAVE BEEN AROUND CONSTRUCTION ALL MY LIFE AND I DONT GET EXCITED OVER BATHEOOM LINOLEUM!! LOL!! WHO DOES!! BUT CANT WAIT FOR HUBBY TO LAY IT THIS WEEKEND TO SEE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!

julie_angel
07-15-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by DOOFIS
pergo is that pre finished easy to do yourself hardwood looking floor.

OH! I have that in the kitchen, living room and hall. I love it! The contractors put it in before we moved, and it's really pretty and easy to keep clean. The swiffer works great on it. The only problem we are having is that it has shifted a bit, so there are a few little spaces in between some of them, but it is fixable so it's no biggie. I love it!

Good luck on whatever you go with!:)

MrsManxieCat
07-15-2003, 01:53 PM
We live in an apartment so we didn't get to pick anything :( We have the cheap linoleum stuff in there!

Ireland
07-15-2003, 01:58 PM
We bought a new Champion Home with 14 acres. I requested hard wood floors through out the home, my son has asthma and carpet was out of the question and the tile was to way out of budget.
I know alot of the homes have carpet in the bathrooms, who ever thought of that idea must not of had small children!!

Lora_1994
07-15-2003, 02:01 PM
We have lineolium(sp??) that looks like hardwood. We just put it in a couple of months ago. I like it!!

brooks45
07-15-2003, 02:01 PM
MRSMANXIECAT!! ASK YOUR LANDLORD IF THEY BOUGHT SOME NEW LINOLEUM THAT YOU WOULD LAY IT AND SAVE THEM MONEY!! I DID THAT WHEN I LIVED IN A RENTED HOUSE FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS,I WORKED OUT A DEAL IF THE LANDLORD WOULD BUY THE PAINT AND LINOLEUM,ETC,I WOULD DO THE WORK,TURNS OUT EVERYONE WAS HAPPY THAT WAY!

DOOFIS
07-15-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by brooks45
MRSMANXIECAT!! ASK YOUR LANDLORD IF THEY BOUGHT SOME NEW LINOLEUM THAT YOU WOULD LAY IT AND SAVE THEM MONEY!! I DID THAT WHEN I LIVED IN A RENTED HOUSE FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS,I WORKED OUT A DEAL IF THE LANDLORD WOULD BUY THE PAINT AND LINOLEUM,ETC,I WOULD DO THE WORK,TURNS OUT EVERYONE WAS HAPPY THAT WAY!

That is what we do well my mom does she pays for the materials and the tenants get to redo their apartment we have one tenant that just pay for their own stuff and do it themselves works out great for us otherwise my bf is the handyman and he'd have to do it. He has enough work to do redoing our apartment.

MrsManxieCat
07-15-2003, 02:52 PM
Hmmm may have to look into it and see if they would let us! Only problem is I am in a complex and there very picky on everything. I seem to be getting notices daily about things there changing due to complaints..ie tenant parking were going to pass parking now since people have been complaining..guest parking we don't have enough spots cause everyone parks there extra cars there and won't move them another reason for the parking permit deal..They need more guest spots ours are always taken on my side. We have to walk to the other side of the complex cause of this when we get our second car..dog walking people just walking where they want to! Ok I know this is not a vent area so I am going to quit but it seems like they need to get there heads together is all!

cs2ns2
07-15-2003, 10:43 PM
Slate grey tiles, I believe it's granite. Goes all through the kitchen, down the back hallway and into the bathroom.

adair
07-15-2003, 11:52 PM
linoleum........and we had to pay extra to have that in the bathrooms instead of carpeting!

SaraSmiles
07-16-2003, 07:08 AM
We have linoleum in both bathrooms. We just the bath rugs to step out on. They r washable and your feet do not get cold. :)

okie
07-16-2003, 07:36 AM
We have linoleum in both of the bathrooms.

Tracy'sMom
07-16-2003, 08:14 AM
We have linoleum in our bathroom. We rent also and We made that deal with the landlord He buys material, We do the work. I like to do it anyway. At least I know it's done right. LOL!! My landlord is not very good at fixing things. At least not the right way, He likes to piece things together.