PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever dealt with diversion payments?

belle5691
07-15-2003, 05:46 AM
SIL owes diversion payment today to court. We are still stressing very much trying to come up with $400 for this payment. Does anyone know what happens if it is late? She swears they will come and arrest her immediately. We lost $454 income at the first of this month and have been struggling all month to catch up...and as a result dont have this amount today. This is our responsiblity as she takes care of rent...Just wondering if they really will come arrest her if I cant get the money?

Carlie
07-15-2003, 06:03 AM
May I ask why are you taking care of her responsibility? if it is her payment to be made.. what exactly is a diversion payment in the first place?

Ps.. on a lighter note.(and for a little laugh..lol). how about consulting with that low cost legal service you are advertising on your signature line? They should really know the scoop..

belle5691
07-15-2003, 06:10 AM
I am taking care of "her" responsiblity because we all live together. She is disabled...as my husband is also. She got her check in on the 24th of last month, paid rent and utilities. I was supposed to receive $454 check on July 1st which I did not receive and did not know that was going to happen until after the 1st. Therefore, my responsiblity was the diversion payment, while hers was rent and utilities. She fulfilled hers. Im working on mine.

As for the low cost attorneys---they are the ones who got her from prison time to simply serving a diversion. Beginning to be sorry I even asked the question

Carlie
07-15-2003, 06:32 AM
Maybe you should consult her low cost attorney on this subject. they should be able to tell you if you can defer this payment... since they got her there in the first place. maybe they'll be able to get it to where you can make payments.

cinnamonch
07-15-2003, 07:03 AM
Contact the office to whom the payment is due. In most cases, even if you dont have the full amount, as long as you attempt to make some sort of payment, you wont get into any type of trouble.

belle5691
07-15-2003, 08:33 AM
Thank you cinnamonch for reading the post correctly that the diversion payment was my responsiblity since SIL took care of the other bills in the house. Thanks also for responding courteously and kindly. I was able to take care of the situation, since it was not a legal issue, a financial issue. I may have taken it wrong but the other responder in this thread has chosen to make comments I took personally about the job I have chosen to do, so am asking that this thread by closed. Thanks again cinnamonch for being kind and courteous.:)

belle5691
07-15-2003, 09:02 AM
If so, I apologize. Maybe I take things too sensitive right now.