PDA

View Full Version : Farking Loony Telemarketers

Ladytiger
07-14-2003, 04:38 PM
This stupid, irritating, Non-English speaking jerk has been calling here ALL day!
It's for Ammerican Healthcare something-they send you a trial pack, return after 30 days, yada yada yada.
I barely could understand the guy, then I politely told him to put me on the do not call list. He starts going into how it's because he's foreign isn't it? Uhhh-no, I don't want these kinds of calls.
Now he is calling about every ten minutes-it comes up "private" on caller ID. He has even left some messages about how people that a predjudice are all going to L, how they are going to "take over The American spolied way', AND he sees that I have a youngun is the house, how would she feel knowing that her mother feels this way?? (Feels what way?) I am not racist, predjudice or anything like that-but when you come into MY home and harass me, you better know that you are going to get a fight!
How in the L do I get this weirdo to quit calling me??

DreamWarrior
07-14-2003, 04:45 PM
The next time he calls ask to speak to his supervisor....

Quaker_Parrots
07-14-2003, 05:01 PM
um isn't that harrassment, bordering on stalking? I would try to find the # fofr that company, call the higher up, and possibly report it to the police, cause in a way sounds like he is threatening you, never know

cab244
07-14-2003, 05:07 PM
I don't know what phone company you have but with bellsouth complete choice plan they give you options like Call tracing(*57) you push this right after you hang up and it's forwarded to Bellsouth's phone call harassment center(something like that, not sure of the exact name). I had someone prank calling me and I called them and this is what they told me to do. Also *60 after they call will block them from calling back. If you don't have Bellsouth then you should contact your phone company and see if they have any options like that. If all else fails don't anwer the private name/number ones on your caller id. I would also turn the in to the BBB nd I think there is also one specifically for telemarketing.

Ladytiger
07-14-2003, 05:14 PM
Thanks-this is getting scary. Now I answer to try and get some info, he's there but not saying anything, I have *69, but it can't call back a "private" number.

Quaker_Parrots
07-14-2003, 05:19 PM
did the number ever show up? before you told him to get lost? call phone company, explain what is happening, and also call the cops. He is in the wrong, and you can put him away. you might have to call the cops first, so the phone company can do a trace back

******Edited to add:

If he has your phone number, how hard is it going to be to get your address? reall easy if he does reverse look-up and you are listed, if he has any smarts, not that hard.

please be careful

Quaker_Parrots
07-14-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Ravenlost
Hubby thinks you should contact the FBI since the guy is making threats against America...

not a bad idea, never know when someone like that is a terrorist

Ladytiger
07-14-2003, 07:34 PM
I called SBC-they contacted "the authorities". Now the calls are being forwarded through a filter. They are catching all these calls that the guy is making. They said they couldn't tell me anything more than that.
I am having DD spend the night at a friend's-he broke through 2 of her calls for an emergency-little did he know that it was being filtered.
GEESH!
And I have an unlisted number!:mad:

ckerr4
07-14-2003, 07:37 PM
{{{Ladytiger}}} That's scary! Stay safe!!

Quaker_Parrots
07-14-2003, 08:22 PM
Good, I hope they catch him, and put him through more than he put you through

FireFox1973
07-14-2003, 08:48 PM
call the police and the phone company. This is not only harrassment, Patti, but terrorist threats! There are laws against this. Not to mention, with all your health problems, you don't need this!!! Let us know how you make out.

Maeryn
07-14-2003, 11:07 PM
I don't think this was a telemarketer...too freaky!!

Johnsmom
07-15-2003, 01:34 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

What a nutcase!! I am so glad the phone company is assisting you.

mlathroum
07-15-2003, 06:17 AM
What a weirdo!! Is he still calling?
I hope they get him on something. My Mom had a guy from teh phone company that was doing that to her. He called originally wanting her to change to AT&T for long distance. She said she was interested and hung up. He apparently wrote her phone number down. Went home and started pranking her from there. He hit the code to make his number private before calling her each time so she couldn't call him back.
She started tracing each of his calls and then called the phone company and told them about him. That is how we found out he was doing it from home.

redrig
07-15-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Ladytiger
how they are going to "take over The American spolied way'

Yup, FBI / other authorities. If'n I remember correctly, threats against America are taken very seriously nowadays...

cab244
07-15-2003, 07:47 AM
I reall y don't believe this guy is a "legit" telemarketer. This guy seemt to be running some kind of scam. Although, you'd think he'd move on to his next target...

schsa
07-15-2003, 08:34 AM
Someone will find him and the calls will stop. What do telemarketers expect? This guy needs a different job and maybe some anger management classes as well. Hope it ends very, very soon.

EricsnKy
07-15-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Fireball
calm down.
:)

The guy's annoying, but he's not a terrorist. Saying racists are going to L is not a terrorist threat or a threat against our country. It IS harassment if he calls to tell you that after you tell him not to. It's over reacting to call him a terrorist just because he's annoying you and he's foreign. Kinda like he's doing, over reacting 'cause you said no.

He obviously makes a comission, can't afford a lot of leads and is desperate enough to keep calling even though it won't make a sale.
Shsa is right, he needs anger management class.

Ignore him and he'll go away.
Take the phone off the hook for a few hours. You'll get some stuff done and he'll move on.

good luck
:)
pax

Well said , I agree 110% :D

justme23
07-15-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by cab244
I reall y don't believe this guy is a "legit" telemarketer. This guy seemt to be running some kind of scam. Although, you'd think he'd move on to his next target...

That's what I was thinkin... I don't know where HE works, but both places I telemarketed from recorded EVERY call we made (why would he be stupid enough to do this on tape, every bodies heard the 'we may be recording this conversation' recording before, telemarketting systems are no different... he's gotta be his own boss if he really is a telemarketer) and if we dialed the same # more than once w/in that 8 hour period we were logged in to our computers a little screen on the bosses computer would flash and he would listen in... I saw many a girls fired on the spot for getting one too many hangups in a day and calling right back to cuss someone out... unaware that the redial was being monitored! I would never accuse LadyTiger of lying (in case it sounds that way to anyone), it's just way bizarre, this guy has gotta be one of those 'work out of your home' telemarketers that doesn't get monitored or picking #s at random out of a phone book just to piss ppl off.

Iluvbears
07-15-2003, 10:00 PM
This is where some read to deep into the post, and came up with "Terrorist Attack on America."
"take over The American spolied way',

I'm with someone who works for the FBI, I don't think this is classified as a "Terrorist Attack on America".

Anyhow, Hope th eproblem gets resolved.

MelanieAnn
07-15-2003, 11:22 PM
Hope you get this resolved, good luck.

KimNRandy
07-16-2003, 05:15 AM
If it was me, I would try to outdo him...get a large horn and blow it into the phone or crank up the stereo and stick the phone next to the speaker. (Playing the national anthem perhaps or Neil
Diamond, "Coming to America") If he still persisted, I would eventually call the authorities, but at least he might incur some hearing loss and enjoy some fine American music along the way. :D

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
07-16-2003, 09:21 AM
Love your style...

This reminded a few months back I was getting a prank call... they would call and play cheesy 80's love songs on the Answering Machine, or when I'd actually answer they'd play Toto or Surviver. :rolleyes: I finally got bored and I knew they were listening for my reaction so I would say "Ooh that's so nice..." and so forth.
Finally I said "I have a song for you, so turn your song down okay?" and stupidly they did... so I blasted "Whatever"- by Godsmack. Funny they never called back...

missymommy
07-16-2003, 09:46 AM
I am not positive on this but I am pretty sure that telemarketers cannot use private telephone numbers to work from. You should have been able to get the number and some odd name from the caller ID it would normally come up some sort of weird enterprises or some crap like that.

As soon as he mentioned that you had a child in the house something really seemed off. How in the world did they know that? Was she in the backround or something? I would ask that they have a car come round your house a few times until they find out what is going on.

I remember that your boss from your job was a bit of a nutter when you left. Didn't you turn him in for some legal stuff? How did that all turn out? Maybe you should have them look into what he is up to right now?

Stay safe

{{{{LT}}}}

LindaL.
07-16-2003, 12:36 PM
Any updates hun?