PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable! Man assaults girl in Target . . .

Merryg
07-14-2003, 11:17 AM
Man sexually assaults girl in Target store
Associated Press
Jul. 14, 2003 10:00 AM

CHARLESTON, W.Va. - Police were searching for a man Monday who they say sexually assaulted an 11-year-old girl at a Target store, threatened her with a knife and moved her from department to department before releasing her.

A surveillance video from the suburban Charleston store before the assault showed the man watching the girl while her mother was shopping in another area, said South Charleston Police Sgt. Stan Miller.

"He started watching her real close in the toy section," Miller said. "He was following her around the rest of the store."

South Charleston Police Lt. H.S. Leishman said the suspect posed as a security guard Saturday night, told the girl he saw her steal something and ordered her to follow him. Then he pulled a knife and forced her into the garden department where he assaulted her. When too many shoppers walked into the area, he led her into the men's clothing department where he assaulted her again, Leishman said.

"People were everywhere," Miller said. "I don't know how anybody didn't see it."

Police released a surveillance video showing the man, described as a white male in his 30s. More than 100 tips have come in since then, South Charleston Police Sgt. Robert Yeager said Monday.

"We know this is our guy," Yeager said. "We've just got to put a name with the face. If we knew any more about him, we'd have him."

Yeager said the incident appeared to be isolated, but the suspect showed tendencies of being a prior offender. "We don't have any reason to believe he's done it around here, but he has done it before," he said.

The girl was doing "as well as can be expected," Yeager said. He said police plan to offer her counseling.

Store manager Mark Hocter declined comment Monday, saying only that "the safety of our guests and team members is our concern at all times."

The suspect will likely face charges of first-degree sexual abuse and first-degree sexual assault, Yeager said.

DBackFan
07-14-2003, 11:20 AM
OMG!!! :mad:

tiffany21
07-14-2003, 11:33 AM
:mad:

FrEEbiZ4Me
07-14-2003, 11:47 AM
SICK!

BigLyd1
07-14-2003, 01:01 PM
This is beyond incredible. I remember seeing a surveillance video from a Target store one time where a guy was getting down on the floor and looking up women's dresses. And no one saw him. :mad:

Johnsmom
07-14-2003, 02:00 PM
Too scary!!! It seems so unreal that he did that and nobody noticed anything. It really creeps me out. I hope they catch this pervert before he can do it again. I will not say what they should do to him because it is not fit for public consumption.

Tasha405
07-14-2003, 03:00 PM
OMG! Thats scary! I have been to that Target several times and my brother and my SIL go there all the time with their little girl(who is also 11)! I'm gonna let them know what happened and tell them to keep her with them at all times!

ladybreaker
07-14-2003, 03:52 PM
THAT IS SICK!!!!!!!WHERE WAS HER MOTHER WHEN HE TOOK HER????????AND WHY DID SHE NOT NOTICE HER CHILD WAS GONE???????11 IS TOO YOUNG TO BE LEFT ALONE------ANYWHERE!!!!!!JMHO

ladybreaker

mrssnoop1
07-14-2003, 05:08 PM
In our Wal-Mart where I work, we had a man expose himself to a little girl that was only 6 years old. It happened in the greeting card isle. The mother said, "Well, I left her in the toys and she was suppose to stay there". Like it was her fault for leaving toys!!! He was also caught on our camaras, and he was found and went to court. He was fined and had to go to a help group. Big Deal. Seems to me that kids are just not protected enough.

Quaker_Parrots
07-14-2003, 06:53 PM
The way things are now days, whose to say someone DID see it, and didn't do anything, cause they didn't want to get involved?

****Edited to add

Poor girl her life will never be the same, I went off by myself in the store at that age, but I was raised in a different time, and kinder world, where you didn't have to worry about your kids the way you do now, mine are never left on their own. My oldest will be 6 next month. I don't think I could let them have alot of the freedoms I had, the way things are now

KimNRandy
07-14-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by taybai
The way things are now days, whose to say someone DID see it, and didn't do anything, cause they didn't want to get involved?

Good point.

kybeauty
07-14-2003, 08:16 PM
I live fairly close to this store!! It is the SADDEST thing I have ever HEARD! He assaulted her not ONCE ..but TWICE!....I am SO angry and scared over the things going on in this world!

KATinKY
07-14-2003, 09:07 PM
Yes this is defintely sad. ok, I found the link about the Wal-Mart in Ashland, KY this happened Friday, i was way off, but like I said I didnt hear it all. I am glad my kids stay in my sight at all times, I am to the point i don't like my kids in their own yard by their self, and my oldest is 10.
http://www.dailyindependent.com/localnews/294270941575490.php

Azriel_LittleHawk
07-14-2003, 09:59 PM
when i was a little girl..i used to go to the toy area all the time the whole time my mom shopped...
but lemme tell ya..no matter the store i go to now? my kids STAY with me....or at the very least are in my line of sight..if i don see em? i call out for em...

it is soo tough being a mom sometimes..and it is absolutely impossible to have your eyes on em 24/7 bet you money that mom is in just as bad emotional shape as that lil girl.

i still think the punishment for such things ought to be WAY more severe...**umm like if this is the 2nd or 3rd ,molestation of a child...just death..no questions asked...screw the rehabilitation...it ain't happenin...just remove them from causing any more kids harm..**
harsh but hey..even treehuggers like me have our limits...
poor lil girl...oh i realy hope they catch this SOB..and i REALYhope the gaurds of his prison/jail tell the other inmates what he did....*evil cold assed grin* they'll take care of his child molestin ass..
later folks

Iluvbears
07-14-2003, 11:12 PM
How the hell did no one not notice?? I just don't get it. Unbelievable!

I agree the SOB needs his privates chopped off. If they would pass a law like that, it will prevent a lot of this ****. They really need to change the laws. No it's not inhumane..It's the right thing to do.