PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Auction Whine (can you stand another one)

Quaker_Parrots
07-14-2003, 09:34 AM
I won an auction(actually 2 by the same seller) on June 25, sent money order that same day.(they sent me a reminder on 07/02 saying they hadn't gotten my payment yet-- they have a lot of probs with this according to their other feedback-- I think they have too many auctions, and can't keep up with everything) They say they didn't recieve the money order till July 5th (10 days later!!!---I don't think so, but that is another story) I called the money order place, it still hasn't been cashed. I still don't have my auction win. I should have known better than to bid on their auctions, because of the feedback, but I really wanted those books. their feedback looks like this:

96.3% possitive feedback
19595 positives. 7486 are from unique users.

368 neutrals.

654 negatives. 288 are from unique users

They promised to send my order out by 07/08. It should be here, I paid for first class/ priority delivery, pluss insurance.

I emailed them today, asking if there was a problem with my order, and if they could send me a confirmation number, still waiting to hear from them,

I can understand them getting back logged with orders, but this is rediculous, if you are going to sell, you should have more responsibility than this in your business, oh and by the way, there are 3 of them working there, to take care of things, and by the looks of things, it takes them a while to ship, you usually don't see your stuff until a month or better after your auction, unless you pay by paypal, and then some of them are late too

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I wanted these books to make a gift for one of my nieces who is having a baby, I made the baby some stuff, but I wanted to maker her something special too ( I crochet)

Carlie
07-14-2003, 10:12 AM
don't say it doesn not happen.. it does, and it happens alot.. I've had it take 11 days for me to get a money order from someone in the SAME state!! The mail has been real slow here lately.. it's not even been a week since they've said they would mail it.. so give it some time... according to ebay, and postal regulations, the seller has up to 30 days of recieving your payment to send your items out.. not that it's good buisness practice, but they can take up to that long.

Quaker_Parrots
07-14-2003, 10:53 AM
I am just more irritated than anything, because of her negatives. plus, I really wanted to get started on my nieces project, so I could get it to her before the baby gets here

Quaker_Parrots
07-14-2003, 07:15 PM
Just wanna add, finally heard from them, they sent me a delivery confirm or tracking number
Track & Confirm
Current Status
You entered 0180 5213 9070 3583 2229
There is no record of that item. If it was mailed recently, information may not yet be available. Please try again later.

Does this mean It hasn't gotten here yet? or possibly she hasn't shipped it yet? I will be honest, don't know alot about USPS tracking services. don't send out alot of stuff. help is appreciated

laughsalot
07-14-2003, 07:35 PM
Dang!! That is a lot of negative feedback!! It sounds like they are listing more than they can handle. I will keep my fingers crossed that it arrives soon! :)

Quaker_Parrots
07-14-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by EMELLE
SEEMS THAT THE TRACKING # SHOULD TELL THE LOCATION WHERE THE PACKAGE ORIGINATED, OR MAYBE THAT IS UPS ONLY. CHECK BACK ON IT TOMORROW. WERE THE BOOKS NOT AVAILABLE THRU AMAZON.COM SELLERS OR HALF.COM? I HAVE HAD GOOD LUCK WITH THEM.

They are actually Crochet leaflets by Leisure Arts, If I hunted all over here I MIGHT find them. I collect them, but the ones that these are, I am getting for alot cheaper than they retail for
1 retails for $7.50 the other retails for $12.95

I paid .99 for one, and $1.50 for the other I paid $3.50 total for shipping, and $1.30 insurance

So my total was $7.29 I paid less for these 2, than I would have gotten one in the store. Like I stated previously, I wanted these books to make a project for my niece, so she doesn't feel left out, when the baby comes, sooner I get the books, sooner I get done, and can send my gift to her (plus I bore easy with larger projects, and if I have a little more time, I could get it done by then, and take small breaks in between)

thanks everyone for your help here are the books:
http://leisurearts.com/images/products/3223_e.jpghttp://leisurearts.com/images/products/3209_e.jpg

Iluvbears
07-14-2003, 10:47 PM
I feel for you... I bought something from a member here over a month ago & I still don't have it. The sad thing about it. I have no damn clue what her user name is here. All I have is here email address & real name. If I don't get it by the end of the week i'll just call it a lose. And, stick to ebay at least I don't get ripped off.

Quaker_Parrots
07-15-2003, 05:16 AM
Did you do any of it in the FS/T forum? or PM's(if you haven't cleared them out) or was it done strictly through E-mail? also, was the item listed on FS/T? and at least 6 letters? so you could do a search? PM me anyinfo you might have, and I will help you look for it

Carlie
07-15-2003, 06:12 AM
if you're using the post offices green and white confermation label, then it should tell you exactly where it is..but if you use the usps shipping assistant, and print it out on your computer.. you will get that same message until you get your package in hand... that's just the way that works out for some reason. They have printed out a lable and has shipped it, and the message will not change until you get the item.

Quaker_Parrots
07-15-2003, 06:39 AM
this is what they used:
www.shippertools.com/track/01805213907035832229/

this is what it says now:
Tracking Information - 01805213907035832229

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on July 14, 2003 to expect your package for mailing. Status is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Track Detail

There are no tracking details at this time

so does that mean they didn't ship it til yesterday?
thanks for your help

*****Edited to add:
I found this info on the USPS site. Dont think she has mailed it yet, just showing and intent to mail, grrrrrrrr, was going to mail it a week ago, yeah right!!!!! I hate ebayers that don't care when they send your stuff as long as they get their money, and break promises left and right ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Q. What does it mean when I check on my electronic rate Delivery Confirmation or Signature Confirmation service mail piece and I receive a message that says "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on May 30, 2002 at 10:31 p.m. to expect your package for mailing?"
A. When you mail a shipping label using electronic rate Delivery Confirmation or Signature Confirmation services, the mailing information for your label is electronically sent to the Track & Confirm database. This information, in the form of an electronic file, is often consolidated and sent at one time during the day, often in the evening. This step indicates intent to mail an item, not the actual mailing date or time itself. Confirmation services do not provide actual mailing or acceptance information as part of the service offering. Confirmation of delivery or attempted delivery is provided.

Iluvbears
07-15-2003, 10:27 AM
I Pm'ed you back Taybai with all the info. I have & the emails.

Thanks for your help.

NASCAR38
07-15-2003, 10:48 AM
One thing I hate is when People Dont List the Shipping Price in their auction I like to know how Much Shipping is going to be before I Bid . if Shipping is To high Or Not listed I Skip Over ;) I hope things work out for you :)

Quaker_Parrots
07-15-2003, 12:26 PM
I especially skip ones if they won't tell you what shipping is going to be until AFTER the auction.

I think everything will be ok with mine, I am just upset the said they got my MO LAST sat, and said they would ship by LAST tues, and didn't hold their end until I emailed them asking what the problem was. I don't know if they actually shipped it yet, all I know is they have let the PO know to be prepared for them to ship something (heck it might not even be my DC #.

I just know by checking other feedback, this ebayer, can be reallllllly slow to ship, and I think it is bull considering they have 3 people handling it, each one having a different responsibility
they have 358 items listed right now, the last ending July 20th. What irks me, is they have all this time to spend on listing, but no time to put toward shipping.

MelanieAnn
07-15-2003, 11:33 PM
Wow, that is a lot of negative FB. Fortunately I have not had a problem buying before, only NPB here and there. I hope you get your package in time!

I stay away from high priced shipping as well. Especially people that list shipping as $5-6 for a DVD. I have the same problem with sellers that say they will give shipping price after auction. I always give a flat rate OR give zip code and weight of package.

harloo
07-16-2003, 01:31 PM
These are a few rules to follow when buying on ebay. Anyone with extra knowledge can add more.

My 5 rules:

Rule #1 - Always pay with credit card especially on high priced items. Get insurance also. You have protection because you can dispute the charge with your cc company. If the seller says he/she did not receive the money order then they have the upper hand. And if you pay with paypal existing funds, you can dispute it but if they ran with the money you wont get a penny.

Rule #2 - Always ask for delivery confirmation if the item is not insured.

Rule #3- Look for patterns in the sellers feedback. And it can be time consuming but look at all the cases where customers are not satisfied and their explanation. Many times I have found that the biggest compalint to be slow shipping, or the seller lying about the product. Stay away from these.

Rule #4- Stay away from powersellers with too much negative feedback. Sometimes disputes do happen, but a 10,000 feedback and 2,400 neutrals, and 1,800 negatives is no good. I say stay away from powersellers because they tend to neglect their buyers.

Rule #5- Stay away from 0 feedback people. Sorry, I know it's hard for others to get started but it's getting to the point on ebay where you don't know who to trust.

Quaker_Parrots
07-16-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by harloo
These are a few rules to follow when buying on ebay. Anyone with extra knowledge can add more.

My 5 rules:

Rule #1 - Always pay with credit card especially on high priced items. Get insurance also. You have protection because you can dispute the charge with your cc company. If the seller says he/she did not receive the money order then they have the upper hand. And if you pay with paypal existing funds, you can dispute it but if they ran with the money you wont get a penny.

Rule #2 - Always ask for delivery confirmation if the item is not insured.

Rule #3- Look for patterns in the sellers feedback. And it can be time consuming but look at all the cases where customers are not satisfied and their explanation. Many times I have found that the biggest compalint to be slow shipping, or the seller lying about the product. Stay away from these.

Rule #4- Stay away from powersellers with too much negative feedback. Sometimes disputes do happen, but a 10,000 feedback and 2,400 neutrals, and 1,800 negatives is no good. I say stay away from powersellers because they tend to neglect their buyers.

Rule #5- Stay away from 0 feedback people. Sorry, I know it's hard for others to get started but it's getting to the point on ebay where you don't know who to trust.

Rule #1 Don't have CC or Paypal

Rule #2 This one came with DC and plus, I insured too

Rule #3 Usuallly do, and did with this person, but decided to give it a shot, since I couldn't pass up the deal, plus main prob with this seller is that they are slo to ship

Rule #4 Can't remember if they are a power seller

Rule #5 Doesn't apply here

I usually do follow your rules, just got bit by the bargain bug, lol

harloo
07-16-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by taybai
usually do follow your rules, just got bit by the bargain bug, lol [/B]

LOL@the response. And yes, sometimes the bargain bug tries to take control. I was almost bitten when I saw a dvd I wanted for cheap. I mean really cheap, I was so tempted I started to sweat. I told myself even though the seller has a lot of neutrals and negatives, the positives outweigh them. I had to stop myself. So while I know what you mean about the bug, you just have to find a way to control it. lol

Hope things work out for you.:)

Quaker_Parrots
07-18-2003, 08:06 AM
The seller actually didn't send my auction wins to me until AFTER I complained the last time!!!!! Post mark was July 15th

thanks everyone for their help

SaraSmiles
07-18-2003, 10:09 AM
I am so glad u got your ebay auction items. Sheesh, took long enough.

Kelsey1224
07-18-2003, 11:28 AM
I just wanted to let you know that it is possible to use paypal even if you don't have a credit card. You do need a checking account though.

While I do have a credit card and that's my backup...I have my first payment option from Paypal as being a debit from my checking account.

This way...I only buy those items for which I have the money!

ladybreaker
07-18-2003, 02:58 PM
i have a prepaid credit card that i use to pay for all my paypal/ebay tranactions.that way,i can cancel payment if they don't ship or respond after i pay them!!i'm glad you got your books!!