PDA

View Full Version : Question - Woman's issue - Kinda gross

mpmyers
07-13-2003, 08:44 PM
Okay, this is kinda embarrassing, but here goes.....

I thought I had a yeast infection, but now that the discharge is gone, I'm kinda sensitive down there and feel like I have to pee all the time. I've tried increasing my fluids, but now I'm going to the bathroom abuot every 20 minutes for the last hour. There's no blood or pain when I'm urinating. I'm wondering if this could be a bladder infection? Any ideas?

mpmyers
07-13-2003, 08:59 PM
Do you usually go to the doctor or try to wait it out?

mpmyers
07-13-2003, 09:06 PM
Great...just what I wanted to do tomorrow...LOL!! Good news though...I haven't had the urge to pee for 30 minutes now....:rolleyes:

mpmyers
07-13-2003, 09:09 PM
Nope...that's the funny thing....I looked it up on Wed MD and the only symptom I have is the frequent urination. I'm starting to think it's all in my head.

MelanieAnn
07-13-2003, 09:16 PM
I had bladder infections frequently when I was pregnant, and I had the same problems you are having. I never had 'painful' urination, but it was like a sensitive feeling. Might be different for everyone... but I'd definately have it checked out. Hope it gets better!

mpmyers
07-13-2003, 09:17 PM
Thanks! I think I'm going to try and get some sleep tonight and see how I feel tomorrow. Not much I can do at 12:19 am anyways but worry.

lisahiser
07-13-2003, 09:38 PM
one way to get rid of a bladder infection before you see the doctor is to drink lots and lots of cranberry juice, it has to be 100% cranberry, no other flavor with it. I had a few of these when I was pregnant with my boys and I had a few afterwards and the cranberry juice has always worked, it also saved my a few doctor visits. You might want to try it. Drinking lots of water too will help clean your system. You may use the bathroom like crazy but it helps get it out.

Barbi_Route66
07-13-2003, 10:08 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lisahiser
one way to get rid of a bladder infection before you see the doctor is to drink lots and lots of cranberry juice, it has to be 100% cranberry, no other flavor with it.

I was going to say the same thing.

Since you thought you had a yeast infection previously, make an appointment to see your doctor. Drink cranberry juice until you have your appointment.

PreciousDarlin
07-14-2003, 12:23 AM
I know you said that it isn't painful when you urinate, but does your lower back hurt? If so, it could be a kidney infection instead of a bladder infection. Try drinking the cranberry juice and water just the same and see if it makes it any better.

freemus
07-14-2003, 09:14 AM
You could also try taking cranberry supplements. You find them next to the vitamins and supplements. I was having "pee" problems over the fall and had to got to the doc quite a bit (wasn't the only problem though) and I take one cranberry pill a day, not as many as the instructions say, and I haven't had that kind of problem since. If I were having problems, I would increase the dosage. I also try to drink and eat a variety of cranberry products. also, if you are taking antibiotics, you might want to take some acidophilus (sp?) to prevent another yeast infection. I've had one right after the other and it's no fun.

Freebiequeen, when I took soething that made my pee turn bright orange, it worked quite well. I don't know if it was the stuff you were talking about though. It was entertaining at least!

BigLyd1
07-14-2003, 09:46 AM
Well, I'm buying some cranberry juice today and drinking lots and lots of water. I had way too much sugar over the weekend (gum addict) and my system feels "irritated."

mpmyers
07-14-2003, 02:59 PM
UPDATE - Well, I broke down and went to the doctor this afternoon....It's a bladder infection. my first, how nice....:(
He put me on antibiotics, so hopefully I will feel better in a few days. Thanks for all you help!!! :D