PDA

View Full Version : i'm really scared

iammean
07-11-2003, 07:31 PM
ok, i'm new here and havent posted before, but i need to right now. i'm home alone with my baby and really scared. last night there was two home invasions in our town. one person was murdered and they havent caught who done it. my husband had to go to work and work all night and i'm very frightened! i live near a wooded area and i just don't feel safe. sorry i sound so whiny, but i just needed to let it out. i'll probaly be up all night, so i figure this is probaly a nice place to be. thanks for listening.:(

iammean
07-11-2003, 07:42 PM
i have every light on in the house and the outside lights too! lol i'm such a big baby! thanks for listening!:)

iammean
07-11-2003, 07:47 PM
thanks for making me feel welcome! i don't think i'll need the caffeine, my heart is beating so fast.

MsLynn
07-11-2003, 07:48 PM
I know it sounds crazy, but turn your inside lights out, but leave the inside ones on, cause if your inside lights are on, they can see in and see its just you and a baby. if the lights are out they can't be certaint there isn't someone else lurking around. its hard for them to see from the light outside your house to the inside darkness, but its easy if you have the lights on inside

trust me on this, i've been in law enforcement for a long time, just keep the phone near you, and if you hear/sense anything out of the ordinary just pick up that phone call 911 or whatever number you have and make them come check around your house to make you feel better.

keep your chin up. we'll be here for you

KML

iammean
07-11-2003, 07:50 PM
thanks for the advice, i hadn't thought about that! i'm going to go turn them off right now.

Sweetberries
07-11-2003, 07:51 PM
(((((iammean))) welcome to BBS
:) :D

MsLynn
07-11-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by iammean
thanks for the advice, i hadn't thought about that! i'm going to go turn them off right now.

i know the dark is scary sometimes, but alot of times its the safest place to be. i sit here with nothing but my computer monitor on most times.

just remember we're here for ya

iammean
07-11-2003, 07:52 PM
i have 2 dogs. one that lives outside and one on that lives inside, i do think they will protect me, but these people have guns and there are 2 of them.

peaceluver
07-11-2003, 07:55 PM
I hope its not to bad of a night for you.

iammean
07-11-2003, 07:57 PM
thanks for the support, now all you have to do is stay up with me all night. lol

Tracy'sMom
07-11-2003, 07:57 PM
I have to stay home at night also by myself. I have a 4 year old. I have done this for 4 out of the 7 years hubby and I have been married. I to have stayed up all night because I got scared. My local police department has told me to turn my inside lights off also. Leave the outside on. they also told me not to hestiate to call them if I even thought I heard something and they also told me that they would patrol my area extra that night that I called. I hope this makes since to You. I know how You fel I've been there. Sending You hugs now in hope to make You feel better. I'll be on here for a while. If You need to chat just let me know.

MsLynn
07-11-2003, 08:00 PM
i'll be up most of the night too, so see you've got lots of us to keep you company. hehehe

Merryg
07-11-2003, 08:02 PM
I've been there too! I booby trapped all the entrances, barricades, etc. My 5 year old called it Mom's security!! LOL It IS hard. Staying busy seems to help time go by. You will definitely hear all the little noises. Everyone's advice on here is good. As stated before, we are all here to chat with you. Time flys when you are having fun!!;)

iammean
07-11-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by KissMsLynn
i'll be up most of the night too, so see you've got lots of us to keep you company. hehehe great! maybe it'll keep my mind off of it.:D

iammean
07-11-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Merryg
I've been there too! I booby trapped all the entrances, barricades, etc. My 5 year old called it Mom's security!! LOL It IS hard. Staying busy seems to help time go by. You will definitely hear all the little noises. Everyone's advice on here is good. As stated before, we are all here to chat with you. Time flys when you are having fun!!;) that is so funny! i've thought about barricades too!:D

iammean
07-11-2003, 08:07 PM
i hope we're safe. i'll be alright tomorrow night cause my husband will be home. i can't wait until they catch them so we can all feel safe again.

Tasha405
07-11-2003, 08:16 PM
{{{Hugs}}} My hubby worked night shift for years so I know how scary that can be.

nooshu
07-11-2003, 08:18 PM
((((((((iammean))))))))
KML definately gave great advice-I thought the same thing about not being "lit-up".
That stinks that you have to feel scared. As a big ole' scarredy cat myself-I've felt like that alot, but you have good reason. I would think whoever did that stuff is far away and trying to not get caught-but definately better safe than sorry.
Do not think anything is in your head-if you hear anything, make sure you pick up that phone!!
I will keep you and the little one in my thoughts for you having a safe night.
(And maybe getting some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's).<<<<ok, so that's pushing it-huh?

Take care!!(nothing like sitting by the light of the computer monitor). I'm shutting down for the night-but I'm sure you'll have alot of great company here!! ~Stay safe!!;)

iammean
07-11-2003, 08:20 PM
thanks! you guys are really nice!

Wimzik
07-11-2003, 08:27 PM
That does sound scary! I would probably be up all night too! stay safe!:)

Candice
07-11-2003, 08:36 PM
((((iammean)))) Welcome to BBS... :) I'll probably be online all night too... I'm probably a bigger baby than you! I still sleep with the night light on and a stuffed doggie... :D

Gitty
07-11-2003, 08:38 PM
If you feel scared, get a can of hairspray or bug spray and sit it on your desk. Take the lid off and point the sprayer away from you. It will burn their eyes and give you time to run. Also baseball bats are good! Welcome

MsLynn
07-11-2003, 08:38 PM
just letting ya know i'm still here with ya, where are ya, so i know what time zone i'm staying up in??? lol

iammean
07-11-2003, 08:43 PM
i'm in fla. its 11:45 here.

qtpie121
07-11-2003, 08:43 PM
I hate people have to ruin it for everyone. I hate being home alone too but there are a ton of nice people here that will keep you company. Hoping tonight goes by quickly for ya!

iammean
07-11-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Gitty
If you feel scared, get a can of hairspray or bug spray and sit it on your desk. Take the lid off and point the sprayer away from you. It will burn their eyes and give you time to run. Also baseball bats are good! Welcome that's a great idea, but i'd need time to grab the baby up first:(

iammean
07-11-2003, 08:46 PM
she's 20 months

MsLynn
07-11-2003, 08:48 PM
good, lol you're later than me not earlier, hehehe

we're still here

iammean
07-11-2003, 08:49 PM
i'm not used to staying up all night, but i'm trying to hang in there, i just don't think i can sleep if i try.

Tracy'sMom
07-11-2003, 08:58 PM
We have our backdoor booby trapped. If they made it thru there then they are really good. I also have a 4 year old and she doesnt always have to pick up her toys before bed So there is really booby traps all over the house.Especially here lately We just moved and there is still boxes everywhere plus We are having to repaint the dining room, the lady that was here before painted it red and that is just not my color especially in the dining room. So we have paint, kilz, paint rollers and pans everywhere in the dining room. LOL I believe the robber would kill himself just trying to get thru. Hubby has learned to watch his step in the mornings.:)

MsLynn
07-11-2003, 09:01 PM
if you get too tired to stay up get your daughter and try to sleep somehere they wouldn't suspect, like maybe a walk in closet or on the bathroom floor.

just a thought. and remember to lock/booby trap the door, lol but if possible call your hubby to make sure he knows about the booby traps

iammean
07-11-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Putermommy
We have our backdoor booby trapped. If they made it thru there then they are really good. I also have a 4 year old and she doesnt always have to pick up her toys before bed So there is really booby traps all over the house.Especially here lately We just moved and there is still boxes everywhere plus We are having to repaint the dining room, the lady that was here before painted it red and that is just not my color especially in the dining room. So we have paint, kilz, paint rollers and pans everywhere in the dining room. LOL I believe the robber would kill himself just trying to get thru. Hubby has learned to watch his step in the mornings.:) LMBO!

Tracy'sMom
07-11-2003, 09:13 PM
My daughter has just recently started sleeping in her own bed but If hubby works that night she always sleeps with me. I want her close to me if something was to happen. Our bed is also close to the gun cabinet and hubby has trained me on how to use them if the need be.:D

BigLyd1
07-11-2003, 09:18 PM
Now I'm starting to get scared :( Hubby is gone for the next two nights. He comes back for two nights and then is gone six more nights. There's nothing with me except for two cats. Oh well, as long as no one breaks into my car... like one other time when the guy smashed my window... and the door was already unlocked. :rolleyes:

DBackFan
07-11-2003, 09:24 PM
Welcome to bbs iammean. :) You don't seem mean at all..lol. I noticed you online earlier watching the troll thread and wondered why you hadn't posted yet. Once again welcome. :)

okie
07-11-2003, 09:57 PM
Welcome to BBS

When my hubby was in construction i was left home alone too.Luckily now he has a different job and is home more at night,there are a few times a year he has too work late but that doesn't happen to often now.So i know what it is like to be home alone.Hope you are able to get some sleep.

MsLynn
07-11-2003, 10:15 PM
still here how ya doin

DBackFan
07-11-2003, 10:47 PM
Awwww she is probably cuddled up with that baby fast asleep. :)

Johnsmom
07-11-2003, 10:50 PM
I used to be scared whenever DH was gone. I would sleep with the baby, barricades all over, cell phone by the bed. I would lay awake til the sun came up. I am better now. Baby #2 sleeps in his crib, so I can't shut and lock my bedroom door like I used to. If I feel afraid, I just stay up on the computer (like you are doing) and let the kids stay up til they are pooped. I still barricade the one window someone could get into without killing themselves & I know anyone would kill themselves on the toys all over the house. I am used to it now, so I usually don't feel afraid. Good luck tonight, you will be fine.

Gia
07-11-2003, 11:27 PM
{{{iammean}}} Hi Sweetie~I just wanted to say I hope you and your sweet baby are safe, sound and asleep now~:) welcome to BBS :p

tsquared
07-12-2003, 04:05 AM
Gosh T needs his beauty sleep so he didnt stay up all night......now i know id have to sleep a long time to get as perty as all you ladies...hee hee didnt want you all to ahve to say it!! Anyhow mam i hope you and your baby are safe and sound asleep....We are all here for you and will be there when needed!! Call on me if ya need to....and the baseball bat idea.......i know where to hit a guy where it will make his eyes water for a longggggggggggggggggg time!! lol
Tom

corkster
07-12-2003, 04:22 AM
I would like to welcome youalso (((immean))) and I know it's scary/hard to be home "alone":( Darnit, I've done it for 14 yrs. with my son and trucker hubby is gone all the darn time:( I have done "ok" for the most part but there have been times i have frozen with fear and...well, shoot. I hope you are ok and I'm sorry . You and baby will be ok:) again...welcome;)

mlathroum
07-12-2003, 05:58 AM
HI!!! Welcome to BBS!! Hope you had a nice peaceful night and feel a little safer now. Hubby is law enforcement. When he is on night shift I keep his big heavy flashlight next to me on the night stand. Believe me if I had to hit someone with it they would be singing soprano for the rest of their lives!

iammean
07-12-2003, 07:26 AM
i want to thank you guys for your support. everything is fine! again THANKS SO MUCH!

MsLynn
07-12-2003, 08:46 AM
glad all went well and hope you got some sleep

Princess4J
07-12-2003, 11:27 AM
WELCOME IAMMEAN.

THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO STAY UP ALL NIGHT WITH.
LOL, THATS WHEN THE FUN HAPPENS. WE DO GET SILLY
LATE AT NIGHT. WHEN MY HUBBY WORKS LATE
OR IS OUT OF TOWN, I'M HERE ALL NIGHT TOO.

Barbi_Route66
07-12-2003, 12:25 PM
(((iammean))) You may want to call the police & ask them to patrol in your area (they're more than glad to do that). Keep your outside lights on at night.

I hope you're doing ok.