PDA

View Full Version : Help its driving me nuts

Dobies
07-11-2003, 02:37 PM
Hi, I am going crazy...All of a sudden I am getting so many pop ups, not just the normal few, If I leave my computer sitting for a few minutes and come back there are atleast 10 pop ups it must have been from a site I visited, I tried shutting down, deleting cookies, deleting history, scanning, is there anything I can do? Is there a free program somewhere to clean up these spy ads, It is really driving me nuts, Thanks in advance for your help, It is greatly appreciated, Robbie

Gitty
07-11-2003, 02:47 PM
Did you run zone alarm or lavasoft ad-ware

Dobies
07-11-2003, 03:28 PM
Thanks I am going to try it now!!!!!!!

BigLyd1
07-11-2003, 03:48 PM
Dobies,

I've been having the same problem. And it's driving me crazy. Now I'm wondering too if it's from a site that I visited. Thanks for your suggestion, Gitty. I've got to do something!

Quaker_Parrots
07-11-2003, 05:20 PM
pop up stopper companion works too, and if you like Ad-aware, you'll love Spybot

stephann
07-12-2003, 02:30 PM
Go to cnet.com and they have some free downloads for spyware and pop up blocker and they work wonderfully. I was having all kinds of problems until I downloaded them. I hope this helps. :)

Dobies
07-12-2003, 06:14 PM
That is what I am getting most from pop up stoppers and a few others I am still trying to correct the problem but it seems to be taking caring of some but not all..I have never had so many before, I dont know what else to do except click the ones off that dont stop...Robbie