PDA

View Full Version : Problem tenant update

cab244
07-11-2003, 01:34 PM
The call to his CO worked! They are going to set it up as an automatic draft out of his paycheck so he won't be late again. I guess I won't need to fire my property manager now. At least not until it's time for them to move out anyway. I still want one that does a better job and gives me the late fee. But for now I'm happy I'll be getting paid on time :)

Lisa03
07-11-2003, 01:38 PM
great news!

I'm glad everything worked out in your favor:D

lisahiser
07-11-2003, 02:28 PM
Glad to hear that things are going well for you! :D

MsLynn
07-11-2003, 02:56 PM
Great, somehow i knew that would work, always does, like i said thats why OKC loves renting to the military, just remember if their are damages when he moves they will make him pay that too

Barbi_Route66
07-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Good news! That's one less headache to worry about.

Maeryn
07-11-2003, 04:41 PM
Works every time! CO's do not like getting complaints like that. Want to see them go ballistic on somebody? Call and report that they owe back child support!!

cab244
07-11-2003, 06:39 PM
I don't think there will be any more problems. Supposedly he was having "family issues." At least now nobody will have to worry about the payment making it on time. I should think he would be reasonably happy about doing it this way too since he won't have to pay anymore late fees. Oh well. Either way it's one less thing for me to stress about. Thanks for all the advice and support. My husbands do home from Kuwait now really soon. So I'm stressing enough about that trying to get everything ready. He ordered me some flowers and is having them delivered tomorrow. How sweet is that.

MelanieAnn
07-12-2003, 12:56 PM
That's great news. :D

Great to hear that it is smoothed out!

Maggie02
07-12-2003, 01:18 PM
I had to go over my ex-husband's head to his CO, too, over the issue of him not paying his portions ON TIME of our childrens' uninsured medical and dental bills. After two years of having to chase after him for up to 6 months on each bill, I had had enough and called his CO and XO. The last bill that came in, a dental one for both children, my ex paid his on time (within 30 days). Several weeks ago we got another bill (dental as well)..I paid my half immediately. I will call the dental office on Monday to see if he paid his half yet. If he has not, I will call his CO again.

DreamWarrior
07-12-2003, 02:59 PM
Great to hear :)

ahippiechic
07-12-2003, 08:39 PM
Glad ya got it taken care of. :)

cab244
07-14-2003, 01:53 PM
Well... I thought it was taken care of. He came in right as they were closing on Friday with, you guessed it. A check. And guess what? It wasn't any good. So here I am the 14th of the month and still no rent money. Is that notice to quit something you get from the courthouse or is it the notice the landlord gives the tenant? I'm going to get my property manager to serve it tomorrow. If she can't find anyone at home then I'm having her call his CO again. Also it's 10 days from the given notice to begin eviction proceedings in Alabama. I looked it up. Someone here posted that it was 14 days. It's only 3 days in the state of California. It's a pity Alabama's laws aren't that strict.

ahippiechic
07-14-2003, 02:20 PM
Here in AZ we file in court on the 11th day after the notice was served. You don't have to have a reason on the evict notice. So it's a 10 day notice. You should have to deal with tenants like that.