PDA

View Full Version : Kroger's & coupons

Donnagg123
07-11-2003, 12:14 PM
Okay, for the last 5 years+ (atleast) Kroger's has always doubled coupons even when they says do not double on them. Well, I go there today and apparently just this week they have decided that it was fraudulent activity to double when it says do not double and have decided to stop doing it. My whine is that they have known (because I have specifically asked if they double when it says do not double) about it for a long time...why now? There wasn't a sign posted anywhere or anything. Shoot, we just did it last week! I was going to redeem ones for Nurishe (sp?) that was on the pull out ones. They were on sale for 1.39 and the pull out was for .55 off so doubled that would have made it .29 apiece! The cashier made it sound like it was my fault for trying to double them when it says do not double, but they are the ones that have let it go on and when I first started doing it there I didn't know they would double when it says do not double, they are the ones that told me! I know it is petty but it stil makes me angry! :mad:

BigLyd1
07-11-2003, 12:20 PM
I don't know why they put "Do Not Double" but anyhow my understanding is that if there's a 5 at the start of the UPC code then it will double when scanned. And I guess the others don't. But if they're inspecting each one, I guess they can get picky about the "Do Not Double" ones.

aneisu
07-11-2003, 02:30 PM
You really can't get too angry if they are deciding to follow the rules. I'm not sure why companies care if a coupon is doubled, but if they really do then Kroger's has probably had a suit filed against them (or the threat of one) unless they change their ways.

Donnagg123
07-11-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by aneisu
You really can't get too angry if they are deciding to follow the rules. I'm not sure why companies care if a coupon is doubled, but if they really do then Kroger's has probably had a suit filed against them (or the threat of one) unless they change their ways.

Oh, I am not upset for them following the rules. But I just don't understand why they didn't do it from the beginning, or atleast post signs of the change. Sometimes I only buy things just because I can get it cheap w/ a double coupon. I was more upset that they didn't post it than them stopping it, and the cashier basically accusing me of something. I think (this is a guess) what happened is that they thought they were supposed to get reimbursed for the double part (and maybe they were for a while) and then the companies stopped doing it, so they stopped. But still, they should have something posted IMO.

Donnagg123
07-11-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by zitra
I agree. A comapny or individual probably complained that wouat they were doing was illegal, so they decided to stop. You really can't fault the store, for now doing what is legal.

I respect your guys opinion. :) Again, I am not upset with them (for the most part) for changing it. I am more upset that they didn't post it and waited till I had already cashed out and was getting ready to pay for it that something was said. What if I would have had a big order? Also, by the way the cashier was explaining it to me, she basically accused me of the fraud and why they were stopping. I understand that rules change, but you cannot change the rules and not notify anyone.

mrs.john
07-11-2003, 04:59 PM
Hey! Your Kroger doubles .55 cent ones? Here they only go up to .50 for doubling, unless it's super double coupon days (which they haven't done in eons :( ) I'm jealous, lol.

They only problem I've had lately is them checking to make sure I bought something that I gave the coupon for. Evidently, a few cashiers were fired for "coupon fraud" b/c they accepted coupons w/o making sure that the product was ever rang up.

BTW, one more week of A&P II. Thanks for all the awesome sites and help! I have a very high C, but I'm okay with that after bombing the muscle test so bad. If I do really well on the final, I can pull it up to a B. Thanks!

Donnagg123
07-11-2003, 05:53 PM
Heck, my Krogers doubles up to $1. And then 1-2 dollars get bumped up to 2 dollars. So I guess I don't have it that bad here, lol. I just wanted to whine a bit.

Good Job on the A&P II! :):) Keep it up! It will be worth it in the end...it will be worth it in the end :D :D :D Don't worry 'bout those muscles. They are really hard!!!
How long do you have left in the summer? My classes start up again on Aug 25, so I got a bit more time to be a bum, lol.

mrs.john
07-11-2003, 06:15 PM
Up to $1? All the time? I am so moving there, lol.

I have lecture 3 days next week and then I start clinicals/classes Aug. 25th also. CPR tomorrow. Nice thing is, the kids go back a week before I do, so a week of quiet before chaos starts, lol.

Donnagg123
07-11-2003, 06:40 PM
So you're on the countdown with A&PII :) Yes it will be nice when my son goes back to school. He's driving me nuts! :)

miccit
07-11-2003, 07:04 PM
I miss Krogers!!!!:( No one here doubles coupons. And 2 of the biggest stores here are owned by Krogers.

Shancopp
07-11-2003, 07:28 PM
The only ones my Krogers will not double are the register tape coupons or the ones put automatically on my Plus card...before, when you could print them out, they did double them. (kroger.com) I'm going tomorrow to get some .99 Kelloggs cereal and .99 Spongebob popsicles, so I'll see if my store has changed it's policy. (I sure hope not!!) They only double to .50.

twinkiesmom
07-11-2003, 08:34 PM
my kroger will double to a $1 and Meijer only doubles to .50.