PDA

View Full Version : NOGGIN for kids programing.......

woleys
07-11-2003, 08:19 AM
Does anyone elses kids watch NOGGIN?? Yesterday evening my kids are watching noggin and here comes my four year old son saying dam* and a$$. I said where did you hear that??? He said on this cartoon me and his sister was watching so I go and asked my 9 yr old if the cartoon said that and she said yes......so I decided I would watch it for a few minutes myself. They cursed on the cartoon several times!!! I was shocked!! I wrote them about it and I would love for everyone else to write to them about it also! I never even thought about them having a cartoon like that on there!!!! The name of it is Daria. Here's the e-mail to complain about this to noggin

programming@noggin.com

Princess4J
07-11-2003, 08:24 AM
MY KIDS ONLY WATCH NOGGIN IN THE MORNINGS.
DARIA WAS A CARTOON THAT STARTED ON MTV.
ITS A MORE 'ADULT' CARTOON.

ckerr4
07-11-2003, 08:32 AM
I posted this in your V/W thread too:

Noggin stops showing preschool cartoons sometime in the evening - 6pm, maybe? Then they show cartoons for older kids (much older). I would check the tv guide for the exact time. We let our son watch it in the morning and afternoon, when they show the preschool shows. Daria is a cartoon that originally aired on MTV, and isn't meant for kids. I guess it's kindof like Nickelodeon, where the programming changes at a certain time of the day (maybe not that drastically, lol, but nonetheless).

woleys
07-11-2003, 08:37 AM
Thanks for letting me know.........I just told my 9 yr old to not turn it on there anymore. I had no idea they had adult cartoons on there at anytime!!

PreciousDarlin
07-11-2003, 10:59 AM
My son used to watch Noggin from the time he got up until 5pm (the time here that the programing changes, Central time if that helps anyone) when I would take over the tv to watch my own shows for a while. They have really great, wholesome programming during the day, but IF they are going to show things like Daria, they need to have it on LATE at night (say after 9pm like Disney used to do) so it would be less likely for young kids to see it.

CHERNL
07-11-2003, 11:02 AM
They also have kid stuff REALLY late at night, which is weird to me. Bill Nye the Science Guy comes on at 2am!

ckerr4
07-11-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Fireball
enjoying the private time.

You'll have to explain the concept of private time to me. Slowly. Remember, I have a three year old.

:D :p

Princess4J
07-11-2003, 12:11 PM
enjoying the private time.

Originally posted by ckerr4
You'll have to explain the concept of private time to me. Slowly. Remember, I have a three year old.

:D :p

SOMEONE EXPLAIN IT ME TOO PLEASE.
I HAVE A 2 1/2 & A 3 1/2 YR OLD.

miccit
07-11-2003, 12:12 PM
I have four kids under the age 11, I haven't had private time in so long I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I did.

Princess4J
07-11-2003, 12:15 PM
I never fall to the temptation to us it as a babysitter and let them stare at it endlessly learning who knows what while I'm elsewhere enjoying the private time.

I'M GUILTY :eek:

BECAUSE I'M WEIRD.
I LIKE TO PEE ALONE.

woleys
07-11-2003, 12:21 PM
That's why my kids aren't allowed to watch TV unsupervised. If I let them, I'd have no right to complain if they saw something inappropriate.

If I've seen a show enough to feel comfortable with it's tone and age level, the kids may watch a limited amount of TV alone, but I never fall to the temptation to us it as a babysitter and let them stare at it endlessly learning who knows what while I'm elsewhere enjoying the private time.

My kids are not allowed to watch TV unsupervised either. I just happen to be feeding the baby, cooking supper, and doing laundry. The TV was on noggin and this came on at 6 pm. It was not even what was suppose to be on!!!!! I had already checked the TV guide. So don't go judging me thinking that I allow my children to watch TV unsupervised. I was in the kitchen they were in the living room.....I don't get private time thank you very much.......with 3 kids you don't have time for that!

RobMom
07-11-2003, 12:21 PM
My 10 year old DD watches Degrassi on Noggin, and she wanted to watch Daria, but I do not let her watch it. I saw it before on MTV and I knew that it is not appropriate for her. In fact a friend of hers was asking her if she watches Daria and she told her that she's not allowed to see it.

woleys
07-11-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Princess4J
I'M GUILTY :eek:

BECAUSE I'M WEIRD.
I LIKE TO PEE ALONE.

Princess4J...........guess I am guilty too! I like to PEE along too! LOL

Donnagg123
07-11-2003, 12:24 PM
I know on cartoon network they do this too. I have never watched it, but at a certain time it switches over to something called "adult swim" or something like that. I've never watched it, but I assume they do things like that on there too.

Princess4J
07-11-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by woleys
My kids are not allowed to watch TV unsupervised either. I just happen to be feeding the baby, cooking supper, and doing laundry. The TV was on noggin and this came on at 6 pm. It was not even what was suppose to be on!!!!! I had already checked the TV guide. So don't go judging me thinking that I allow my children to watch TV unsupervised. I was in the kitchen they were in the living room.....I don't get private time thank you very much.......with 3 kids you don't have time for that!

http://e4u.consoleradar.com/happy/1074.gifhttp://e4u.consoleradar.com/happy/1074.gifhttp://e4u.consoleradar.com/happy/1074.gif

woleys
07-11-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by chelle33
well said woleys :)

:) Thanks!

FreeIs4Me
07-11-2003, 06:21 PM
I LOVE Noggin!! It is one of the few channels I trust for my daughter! During their regular day, they always state that they are on from 6am to 6pm & at 6pm, it becomes "The N" - the teen block on Noggin. My daughter sings the goodbye song with them when Little Bear is done, so if I am not paying attention to the show, I still know it is over! :p

Noggins schedule:http://www.noggin.com/schedule/index.php. This schedule is basically the same 7 days a week. :D

The N's tv schedule: http://www.the-n.com/ntv/schedule.php. This channel's line up changes daily. :rolleyes:

:)