PDA

View Full Version : Just a small request

feliciac
07-11-2003, 08:05 AM
Hi all,

I just have a small request. If you could please keep my dh in your thoughts I would greatly appreciate it. He has an absessed (sp?) tooth that is extremely swollen right now. We went to the dentist yesterday, they lanced and trained it, but the swelling went up. So we spent 8 1/2 hours in the ER yesterday so he could get an antibiotic IV. The swelling has gone down some and he isn't hurting, but we need the swelling to keep going down so they can pull the tooth next week.

So, if you could just keep us in your thoughts I would really, really appreciate it. Thanks so much!!!!

Lisa03
07-11-2003, 08:10 AM
sorry to hear about that

I will be keeping you both in my thoughts

tiffany21
07-11-2003, 08:13 AM
hope it gets better soon.

Princess4J
07-11-2003, 08:20 AM
OUCH !! POOR GUY.

{{{GOOD THOUGHTS}}}

feliciac
07-11-2003, 01:05 PM
Thanks all, I appreacite it lots!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

KimNRandy
07-11-2003, 01:06 PM
You got it!!

Sending good thoughts your way.... :)

1busymomma
07-11-2003, 01:07 PM
OWIE!!!!!

That stinks. (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) Will be in my thoughts this weekend!

Jayd
07-11-2003, 01:16 PM
You're a great wife. My hubby should be so lucky. ;)
I hope they're giving him something for the pain. I know I'm a crybaby when I just bite my tongue.
Good vibes to you :)

feliciac
07-11-2003, 01:26 PM
Oh yes, I think we can say he's been a bit of a crybaby. Not that I blame him, but I was about ready to bean him!!! lol But, they've given him two antibiotics (well three considering what he got in ER last night) and percoset (sp?) for the pain. So he's not in much pain now. And thank goodness for that!!

Thanks for the thoughts all. You guys are great!!!!

ang in NC
07-11-2003, 07:33 PM
If they don't pull it- they should open it up and let it drain through the tooth. I use to be a dental assistant!

MelanieAnn
07-12-2003, 02:05 PM
Good luck and hugs!

tsquared
07-13-2003, 05:46 AM
ouch i know exactly what he is going through......poor guy.....ouch.T is feeling for both of you

feliciac
07-13-2003, 12:19 PM
Well, we made another trip to the ER yesterday cause his jaw swelled up really bad again. Got a shot of antibiotics this time and a stronger pain killer cause the other wasn't working. He seems to be doing alot better, thank goodness. We have an appointment for him to get the tooth pulled on Friday, so hopefully they can do it. I don't want to make anymore trips to the ER. It is no fun, lol.

Thanks again for your thoughts everyone, we appreciate it much!!!!:D

CABANN
07-13-2003, 02:22 PM
felician, I just pmed you with the info. I hope it helps. I really feel for your husband abscesses are no fun and extremely painful.

feliciac
07-14-2003, 05:45 AM
Thank you Cabann, I really appreciate it. He seems to be doing okay, but I will definitely keep this in mind if thinga don't clear up in the next few days.

feliciac
07-16-2003, 12:58 PM
Just wanted to post an update. My hubby was able to get into the dental school yesterday with an emergency appointment. So, that awful tooth is gone. He says it still hurts, but it doesn't hurt like before. And his jaw isn't near as swollen and he can chew a bit more than before. So, things are getting better. He has a follow up appointment on the 21st, just to check on things.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and concern. Y'all are great!!!!