PDA

View Full Version : For All You Tenderhearted Members

Danny
07-10-2003, 08:02 PM
I snoop around on V/W and occasionally leave a bit of what I hope is helpful advice or a word of encouragement now and then.

But what amazes me is the true generosity of spirit so many of you have. The outpouring of friendship and help - both material and emotional that is always there when one of us is in need.

And it doesn't seem to daunt anyone when people take advantage - they just say "oh well" and instead of turning bitter by betrayal or disappointment - they rush to help the next person.

I see all the birthday cards to children going out - a small thing maybe - but not to that child!!

So I guess what I am trying to say is that you are an awesome bunch of people - and what you do does not go un-noticed

DBackFan
07-10-2003, 08:09 PM
Yes this can truly be a wonderful place. I know I love it most of the time. You are right though...if you truly need something there will be someone to help here. :) I know I try..lol

Widgetsx3
07-10-2003, 08:11 PM
Awwwwww Danny....That is sweet...I just try to reciprocate the kindness that I have received at BBS. My son has been a recipient of the birthday cards....and I was truly touched and overwhelmed at the kindness. I have also received, as well as sent RAOK....one good turn deserves another. And there are "takers" everywhere. I would rather be taken advantage of....than to never offer assistance when it is truly needed.

tsquared
07-10-2003, 08:12 PM
well said Danny well said

Ladytiger
07-10-2003, 08:18 PM
{{{{Danny}}}} one word-family. That's what is here. I have gotten tremendous support in my journey "back". Yup, here is where I call home. I try to be there for others in whatever way I can and have made the bestest friends by reaching out.
We are all on a journey together, why not help each other out, even if it's just a kind word, that can make all the difference in th world, to ONE person, if not thousands.

BearsBunny2
07-11-2003, 09:42 AM
Life is too short not to be there for people. Yes I have been taken advantage of but I would never stop offering any support I could for a friend. It's the little things that matter.

TxWildCherry
07-12-2003, 08:17 PM
i have six kids and it makes their day if they get to open something too i kove the people here they are so nice and freindly and helpful

Tasha405
07-12-2003, 08:38 PM
Well said Danny and I totally agree! :)

ahippiechic
07-12-2003, 08:42 PM
I agree, this is a great place. Most of peeps here are wonderful!