PDA

View Full Version : Darn Apartment!

FatWallit
07-10-2003, 06:59 PM
I hate it here, WA never gets too hot in the summer, hence most of the houses and Apartments only have heating. It was 86 here today with no air-con, all we have is one large fan blowing on us. I am sweating as we speak! There are a LOT of older people living here (60s 70s) and I cant imagine how HOT they would be!

miccit
07-10-2003, 07:07 PM
Tell me about it. The kids and I hung out at the library for a while today, then I took them to get something to eat. I think I am going to head out to the kiddie pool and sleep for awhile.

And what is with the newspeople??? They get all excited when it is going to be really hot, of course they are in the air conditioning!

On a side note, are you going to the Bite next weekend?

Tasha405
07-10-2003, 07:07 PM
Oh I would die without my a/c. {{{Hugs}}}

run some cool water in the tub and act like you're swimming. lol

FatWallit
07-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Whats 'The Bite'...?

miccit
07-10-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by FatWallit
Whats 'The Bite'...?

Sorry. The Bite of Seattle. Wasn't sure if you were western or eastern Washington. Took a chance that if you didn't like the heat, you were from the western side of the mountains.

FatWallit
07-10-2003, 07:17 PM
I'm up in Bellingham, havent heard of the Bite. Is it a festival?

miccit
07-10-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by FatWallit
I'm up in Bellingham, havent heard of the Bite. Is it a festival?

It is a huge festival. It is a lot of fun. It is at Seattle Center. They have booths, food, fun for the kids, and did I say
food? :D

Here is the link about it.

http://www.biteofseattle.com/home/

And if you have kids there is a really cool free festival in August.

Now let's just hope it isn't this hot on those days! Or I am going to just sit in the International Fountain and stay there all day.:p

DBackFan
07-10-2003, 09:04 PM
Hey I used to live in Bellingham! Nice area...I have a lot of family in Lynden and Mt Vernon but not much in Bellingham anymore. Have you lived there long?

FatWallit
07-10-2003, 09:10 PM
Only since 2001 :) :)

DBackFan
07-10-2003, 09:15 PM
Geesh and I haven't lived there since...oh lets see.....about 1973...lol

You know where the mall is there around Telegraph Rd? There used to be a drive in there called the Moonlight...lol. I lived across the street and would sneak in all the time. Those were the days. :)

flowerfairy
07-10-2003, 09:55 PM
I am in Vancouver, WA and its still really hot here! I am suffering with ya hon! Hopefully it will cool down soon!!!!!!!!! :)

miccit
07-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by flowerfairy
I am in Vancouver, WA and its still really hot here! I am suffering with ya hon! Hopefully it will cool down soon!!!!!!!!! :)

It's only going to be in the 60's on Sunday!! YAY!!!!!! Here in Tacoma we hit 88 today. That is just too darn hot.

Quaker_Parrots
07-11-2003, 03:21 AM
If you have about $100 you can get a small 5000 btu air conditioner at Home Depot, or Sams club

MySonNick1
07-11-2003, 08:50 AM
I wish it was only 86 here in Arizona.

MySonNick1
07-11-2003, 08:56 AM
Today in Arizona it is supposed to be 111, yesterday it was supposed to be 116, but I'm not sure if it got that hot. Thank god we have an ac.

miccit
07-11-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Ravenlost
My parents have lived their entire lives in Alabama with no air conditioning.

Your parents are brave souls. I am such a wimp when it comes to heat. I get physically ill when I get too hot.

DH's boss said we could borrow one of the extra window unit a/c's from the hotel, but our house is really old and there are no windows it will fit in. We have old casement style windows and most of them don't even open.:rolleyes:

I am so glad I am not in AZ. We used to go to the reservation on summer vacation outside of Flagstaff and it was horribly hot.

Johnsmom
07-11-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by MySonNick1
I wish it was only 86 here in Arizona.

Heck, I'd even be happy if the LOW wa sgoing to be 86 ;)

mesue
07-13-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by taybai
If you have about $100 you can get a small 5000 btu air conditioner at Home Depot, or Sams club

Its been miserable hot here too and I was looking in one of the sales papers and saw one of the small air conditioners for one room for around 100.00, we basically live in the den anyway and it has a door that can be closed already there but hubby said No the electricity bill is already over 60 dollars. I'd die if I did not have the old fashioned attic fan, it makes a ton of noise but it cools things off pretty well, still might try talking hubby into this though for those really miserable days.